TTC #2 and turning into a nut job!

(1000 Posts)
gemmeg Mon 18-Feb-13 07:13:21

Ladies, bring me back down to Earth before it's too late! I'm TTC #2 and its only the 2nd cycle and I'm already doing my own head in not to mention my OH.....we're not the kind of couple to have regular sex when not TTC (much to my disappointment sad) so it's a real effort for DS to, erm, pull his finger out as it were and DTD every other day. With DS1 I had no idea about CM and OPKs and just used an ovulation calendar for timing but this time round I'm in danger of falling into the OPK trap! I'm aware of my constant whittling and DH even said that he hopes I get pregnant this month so he doesn't have to listen to me begging for him to do it just one more time! Anyone in the same boat?

MortifiedAdams Sat 30-Mar-13 23:48:35

Congrats tiny

AF was due friday but isnt always dot.on so I intend toPOAS on Monday. Am having lots and lots of EWCM which is odd as I really only ever jave that arpund ovulation. Is it a sign?

ASmidgeofMidge Sun 31-Mar-13 09:09:47

Brilliant news tiny - congratulations!

Ninunina Mon 01-Apr-13 08:17:05

mortified have you POAS yet? FX

MortifiedAdams Mon 01-Apr-13 08:25:16

Not yet - dont have one in the house so.need to up today. I was up at fove for a wee and forgot to save it so am keeping legs crossed as long as possible pee so hopefully that works.

Sorry to be gross!

Loanna Mon 01-Apr-13 15:05:23

Hello everyone, please can I join this thread? I have been logging on since mid March when I started my 1st cycle TTC #2. I have been trying not to turn into a nut job but I'm sure as we all know its practically impossible. I am currently in the middle of my fertile period, not using OPKs yet. My DD is 4 yrs and was conceived in the first cycle TTC #1 I was 25 at the time so 5 years on I am aware things could be different. Fingers crossed for many a BFP within the next few months smile

MortifiedAdams Mon 01-Apr-13 15:08:28

Welcome Loanna and good luck!

gemmeg Mon 01-Apr-13 19:28:14

Hi Loanna! I also conceived DS1 quickly so I think in our case our expectations are set high....that said there are a couple of us on here who had issues conceiving 1st time around so their anxieties of trying a second time are there from the start. Damned to nut-jobness however you look at itgrin. I'm the same about the same age as you but my DS is only 17months. Good luck with your BFP!

Well I possibly got ewcm and a surge today (not 100% sure on either) and if my cycle is normal I should be ov around now, plus I am back home from a family weekend away sooooo..... now I have bloody come down with ds's bug and tbh dtd is the last thing in the world I want to do. GRRR.
I didn't manage to use the opks leading up to today so will keep my fingers crossed for a day 2 surge tomorrow and that I feel better. The only thing I can face eating at the mo is ds's easter eggs... <mean mummy>

2beornot Mon 01-Apr-13 20:19:19

Hi Loanna! The more merrier! Another who took about a week to conceive dd so this being my 4th cycle is driving me mad.

I should ov on or about Wednesday so we are dtd as much was we can at the moment - I am desperate for a 2013 baby!!!

Did you get pg test mortified?

Hi Loanna - welcome!! My situation is similar to yours - my DS is 4 this month and we conceived him really quickly - we have been trying for #2 since last May and its driving me mad!! Good luck Hun!! X

MortifiedAdams Mon 01-Apr-13 21:01:24

Never managed to get one, was invited out to lunch which stretched out all day so no chance to nip to the shops, but there is a Boots within walking distance (closed for BH today) that Im.planning on popping to tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for all!

MortifiedAdams Tue 02-Apr-13 14:55:26

Have bought a two pack and saved my FMU. howevrr dh wants to e here so have to wait til he gets hone to test booooo.

Good luck mortified - keep us posted xx

MortifiedAdams Tue 02-Apr-13 17:19:21

Mortified there's still a chance if AF hasn't arrived? Keeping my fingers crossed for you smile

Sorry about the BFN mortified - its not over until the dreaded AF arrives - fingers crossed hun xx

MortifiedAdams Tue 02-Apr-13 23:29:18

AF arrived. Was in a pub so able to order a glass of wine guilt free grin

We havent done much shagging this month so ive told DH we are dtd everyother nightwhen AF jas gone and he is a happy man!

Next AF due 1st May so can put POAS out of my mind til at least then.

Good luck anyone else still waiting for AF.

mangomom Wed 03-Apr-13 01:06:10

Ok, I'm joining this thread too if nobody minds. I joined Mumsnet when I was PG with DD (who is 15 months now) and now we are TTC #2. I have never actually posted anything here until now, but this seems a nice friendly crowd. I'm now beginning the long TWW. Technically probably should have BD tonight but DH was asleep by the time I got to bed (hence my reading various forums on my phone). BD yesterday and day before (lots of EWCM then) and will aim for tomorrow too. AF due 17th.

We have been NTNP for a couple of months, but this is our first proper TTC cycle. With DD we got PG in our 4th TTC cycle, but I guess I'm not getting any younger so not necessarily expecting such a good result. It's hard to be relaxed about it. I hate this TWW!

This is an awful lot of abbreviations I never knew I knew until just now.

AbiBub Wed 03-Apr-13 01:06:44

Hello! Can I join? Going a bit nutty here! Have just sat and read your 13 page thread now thinking of that I need to become mire nutty! Opk never done before but looking sooooo tempting atm! Came off pill beg. Jan so am currently on cycle3 think I ov on weekend just gone, but now not sure? Have had brown slightly more than spotting but mainly when I wipe? (Sorry if tmi) have posted another thread on here but this thread seems lovely. Have a ds that is going to be 4 on sunday and am desperately hoping for 2013 baby but now so unsure with this extra bleed/spotting/type wtf it is?! Cycles normally 28days but last one was 27days and they have been HEAVY. Has anyone ever experienced ov bleed/spotting? I've not, but I don't know what this is?! Af supposidly due 13th april and am already going nutty!!!!! How is everyone doing? :D

mangomom Wed 03-Apr-13 01:08:43

Hello another person reading in the dark on your phone grin

mangomom Wed 03-Apr-13 01:11:21

Also I had that spotting you are talking about with DD. I either read somewhere or my GP said it was an implantation bleed (where your little fertilized egg buries itself happily into your uterus). So fingers crossed for that and POAS ASAP.

AbiBub Wed 03-Apr-13 01:23:50

Hello other person reading in the dark! Have your eyes gone as potty as mine yet?! :0/ it sounds like imp bleed but I only had my last af on 17th mar so ov (or so I thought) on weekend just gone, the bleed started light on friday, little bit of red, but then went straight to brown, but monday was the day it happened more often and the same again today, we did dtd on the wed (27th) but surely the imp bleed wouldnt happen that quickly?! I think I have confused myself all the more by looking on mr google too! If im not thismonth then opk may be on the ccards! Hoping your 2ww flies by and gives positive results :0)

AbiBub Wed 03-Apr-13 01:26:43

Just a bit of light reading, my username explanation, Abi=my name Bub= my nickname given by my mum and now I use bubs for my ds nickname :0)

mangomom Wed 03-Apr-13 01:29:17

Oh right, yes, that does sound early. Hmm, well I guess time will tell! Good luck to you too. Yes, my eyes are all scratchy so I think I'll go to sleep now. Sweet dreams when you go.

AbiBub Wed 03-Apr-13 01:36:39

Right back at ya! Beddlington calling! :D

This thread is not accepting new messages.