TTC #2 and turning into a nut job!

(1000 Posts)
gemmeg Mon 18-Feb-13 07:13:21

Ladies, bring me back down to Earth before it's too late! I'm TTC #2 and its only the 2nd cycle and I'm already doing my own head in not to mention my OH.....we're not the kind of couple to have regular sex when not TTC (much to my disappointment sad) so it's a real effort for DS to, erm, pull his finger out as it were and DTD every other day. With DS1 I had no idea about CM and OPKs and just used an ovulation calendar for timing but this time round I'm in danger of falling into the OPK trap! I'm aware of my constant whittling and DH even said that he hopes I get pregnant this month so he doesn't have to listen to me begging for him to do it just one more time! Anyone in the same boat?

Tinyflutterby Tue 26-Mar-13 14:11:15

Mummy, don't want to get your hopes up but with my first pg I had a very small amount of blood a few days early and it turned out it was implantation bleeding. Have you POAS?

I did on Saturday but have since read that it was probably too early (it was a BFN), I got a positive OPK on 15th March so on Saturday would have been a maximum of 7DPO.

I feel silly for thinking its anything other than AF, however it is the polar opposite of my normally period (I have to take medication from the Dr every period just to be able to function and go to work etc) so this has thrown me a bit - I guess it could be my body could still be knackered from the miscarriage however that was 25th Feb and I as I had the positive OPK I thought things were settling down and getting back to normal (ish).

I will see how it goes over the next few days - thanks for posting - the support is so helpful xx

Tinyflutterby Tue 26-Mar-13 15:23:15

That's ok, I hope it works out for you. I'd do another test in a couple of days if nothing happens.

Think I'll have to go back to my gp, as both me and my dh think I'm properly depressed. Just can't believe I'm struggling ttc again, feel so worthless and no-one understands when you already have one dc.

Oh Tiny, I understand hun, it is so hard when you want something so much. TTC to such a hard and confusing time and no matter how much you try and relax or have patience it is always on your mind (I know its always on mine!!). I dont know about you but I put myself under extreme pressure, espeically since my miscarraige in feb, and then when my period arrives so does the self loathing. Of course we love our dc#1 more than anything but that doesnt mean our desire to fall pregnant is any less than someone with no dc, and I think that is what I struggle to get across to people.

xxx

2beornot Tue 26-Mar-13 19:24:29

Hi ladies.

Have been away in a course, so only just caught up. I'm sorry to hear how some of you are feeling. I have been fortunate not to have suffered from a miscarriage, but I do empathise. Sometimes we can do everything right but for some reason it just doesn't stick.

I'm going to have a read up on cycles, lp, ov etc. as you all seem very knowledgeable and I feel so ignorant.

Tinyflutterby Tue 26-Mar-13 21:43:44

Thanks Mummy for being so understanding. I can't think of anything else either and I want it so much it hurts. I may not feel so bad if every cycle wasn't so long, but 40 odd days each time is just too much time wasted and more than necessary time worrying and wondering. I promised myself I wouldn't get so uptight this cycle, but am thoroughly fed up now and just wish af would hurry up so I can move on to 'better luck next time'. Going to see my one-week-old niece tommorow, no doubt af will appear too, just to kick me when I'm already down.

2b - the only reason I seem to know a lot about cycles is in total I've spent about 3 years ttc and you learn a thing or two with that much study! Perhaps some of us should be awarded Diplomas or something?xxx

gemmeg Wed 27-Mar-13 12:06:02

I can't even begin to understand how it must feel to TTC for 3 years as I've never been in that situation but what I can empathise with is the desire to have another child. I have a couple of friends who are resolute about only having 1 DC and there is no changing their minds so the same must go for us ladies who absolutely want to expand the family. It's a strong biological urge that doesn't rest until it's fulfilled. At least we all understand how that feels.

I agree with tiny....I could lecture on ov, LP, LP defects etc! If you need to know anything 2be then let us know grin.

Well, my strange AF is definetley not implanting bleeding - AF is here with a bang today!! However I am remaining postive - I had a positive OPK this cycle which is fab (Drs thought I wasnt ovulating before my miscarraige) and although my cycle was 40 days I have looked back and they are all between 38-43 days so although they are long at least they are a bit more regular which makes me feel a bit more optimistic.

AF is pretty much the same as before the miscarriage so I have armed myself with large pads, my prescription painkillers and I'm off to my friends for a couple of nights for good food and crap tv (this was pre-arrannged but I thinking now nicely timed with the arrival of AF).

I also agree with tiny about the knowledge we gather when ttc - between us we could write a book!! xx

coffeewineandchocolate Wed 27-Mar-13 20:13:31

Af also here at last so i can finally start tracking!

Anyone else waiting for AF then this month? I am, but I feel those familiar cramps coming...

MortifiedAdams Wed 27-Mar-13 23:43:49

AF due Friday for me. Told DH Im POAS on the 1st if its.not here by then and he said "no! Wait til the 15th - give it a chamce to be late" doesnt he know me at all ?!?!?

not told him ive already POAS twice bfn

your Dh wants to wait an extra 2 weeks mortified???? is he insane? i couldn't wait an extra 2 hours grin
really not sure we are going to manage dtd this cycle, but image keeping my fingers crossed i ov late again this month ( never thought id say that!)

MortifiedAdams Wed 27-Mar-13 23:51:33

I know. I said id be giving birth by the time he wants to test. Strange man.

Weve only.managed a bit.of sporadic shagging this.month as work has been mega hectic so the likelihood is ill be off the bus come the weekend but I can still dream.

It was this.month two years ago I fell pg with dd so I thought it would be extra nice to ave their birthdays close to each other.

MortifiedAdams Thu 28-Mar-13 06:55:17

Grrr....ususal pre-AF cramps last night. Feel a bit vommy though this morning but that could be serious lack of sleep.

ASmidgeofMidge Thu 28-Mar-13 16:40:53

Hi, just checking in to see how you all are. AF still here so nothing doing here. Glad to at least know and have a clear month of tracking ahead. OPK has arrived

Tinyflutterby Fri 29-Mar-13 14:26:56

Hi everyone, well after doing my 2ww then discovering my lp was in fact 16 days and waiting to see if af would show up, I POAS yesterday morning (17 days dpo) and got a BFP!!! Was not expecting that at all and nearly fainted when I looked at the result. The only difference in my usual pmt symptoms was that the cramps were a lot milder and I have had indigestion for a few days, but just put it down to too many Easter eggs!

If it helps at all, I did two things differently this cycle - used OPK's instead of guessing and I saw a Medical Herbalist who prescribed me a mixture of different herbs. Coincidentally, the first time I got pg I also saw her and got pg straight away on the herb mixture (after 2 years ttc).

I would just like to thank all of you for your support and good luck!xxx

coffeewineandchocolate Fri 29-Mar-13 16:03:33

tiny congratulations! Lots of chocolate and no wine for you! I'm in the grips of af so taking advantage of Easter to enjoy some nice food before ttc again :-)

Tiny congratulations!!! So happy for you and thrilled that we're averaging a BFP every month on here!

I still have my fingers crossed. I'm on day 31 now (cycle last month was 33 days but the previous few were 27-29 days). Have so far resisted POAS and haven't had any symptoms apart from a bit of nausea when I'm thinking about it

gemmeg Fri 29-Mar-13 19:16:25

Wow! That's brilliant tiny!!!! Was one of the herbs Agnus Castus by any chance?

2beornot Fri 29-Mar-13 19:40:25

Yey!!!! Fantastic news tiny!!!!!

Not been here for a bit but excellent news to come back to. And fingers crossed nomore & mortified.

I'm about to enter my fertile period so lots of dtd. If it doesn't work this month then I am definitely moving onto OPKs!!

Tiny that is amazing news - congratulations, I do happy for you.

AF is still here, hopefully I'm coming to the end of it soon and it then its back with the OPK and waiting (and trying to relax while compulsively obsessing!!)

Everything seems slightly better though when you have extra days off work and chocolate everywhere you look!!

Tiny - I'm intrigued by these herbs........can you tell us more??? X

Tinyflutterby Sat 30-Mar-13 14:45:54

Thanks so much guys!

Gemmeg and Mummy (and anyone else interested in herbs) - you really need to go to a qualified Medical Herbalist as they will take a full case history and tailor make the prescription specifically to your individual needs. If you go to http://www.nimh.org.uk/ you can search for a registered herbalist in your area. You can of course buy herbs yourself but I felt it was better to go to someone qualified as they know what they're doing and can treat lots of issues surrounding the menstrual cycle. The aim for me was to regulate and shorten my cycle.

I had Vitex Agnus Castus for days 1-14 + a mixture of about 8 different herbs which I took every day. I will warn you, they taste VILE, but if you're like me (and I think you are) you get so desperate to conceive that you'll do anything! Its also quite expensive, but cheaper than the hundreds of OPK's and pg tests I've already spent money on. I'd be really interested to know if the herbs work for anyone else. Good luck!xxx

AF just arrived...

I've decided that we tone the effort down next month and use the next cycle to shift some weight. I'm spending half my month with an excuse not to start any serious exercise or radical diet so now's the time. I weigh as much now as I did at 9 months pregnant so I'm thinking Atkins, 30 day shred and running as soon as the snow's gone from the pavements.

Ninunina Sat 30-Mar-13 18:15:20

Great news tiny grin
what a lovely easter surprise!

congratulations tiny grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.