Confused!

(13 Posts)
Liquoriceallsort Thu 14-Feb-13 21:46:53

I am a bit confused.... I have been ttc for 2 months (so not long at all I know) and my my cycle is usually 28 days without fail. I am now on cd24 and have noticed spotting. I usually spot for 2 or 3 days (and count this as cd1) then af for 3 days so this has really thrown me. I know I am being neurotic so the main reason I am posting on here is so someone can tell me to get a grip grin

I just wondered if anyone else has suddenly had a change in cycle for no apparent reason?! Thanks and sorry for the near pointless question!

babyrose Fri 15-Feb-13 07:39:47

Hi liquorice, my cycles change every now and again even more recently since TTC!

I think if ure spotting that doesn't count as day 1 it's full flow.

I hope that helps.

Liquoriceallsort Fri 15-Feb-13 08:35:34

Thank you- that is good to know! I will keep an eye on it smile

PuppyMummy Sat 16-Feb-13 09:05:06

Hi my cycles can be anything from 22 to 26 days. Doctors reassured me that this is normal and not a problem!

Although annoying when ttc as u r never quite sure when af will appear!

Liquoriceallsort Sat 16-Feb-13 17:48:31

Thank you - normally you could set your watch by my af- how inconvenient to never know when she will arrive!

moonmrs Sat 16-Feb-13 17:53:46

<whispers> implantation bleeding? usually happens before af is due....

Soph80 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:14:23

moonmrs - thats what I was thinking!!!!!!

Christelle2207 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:15:38

Well it's what happened to me, very light bleeding a few days before AF due then nothing, a few days later BFP.

On the flip side I definitely noticed changes to my cycle once I started TTC, it's as if your body knows you're trying and tries to stress you out even more.

I TTC for over a year. Try and go with the flow otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts.

dondon33 Sun 17-Feb-13 08:41:07

As you requested - Get a grip! smile it could be implantation bleed
I would also count the CD1 as the day the real flow begins.

Good luck and fingers crossed x

Liquoriceallsort Sun 17-Feb-13 18:16:07

Definitely not implantation bleeding, it is exactly the same as normal spotting iyswim also I think I ov'd on cd 15 so that would be too late?

I totally agree- I think my body knows I'm thinking about ttc so is messing with my head! Pre af spotting usually starts tomorrow so we'll see I guess!

Thank you for your replies, I am new to MN and love it!!

Liquoriceallsort Tue 26-Feb-13 22:54:30

Quick update/question...

Af finally arrived on Friday which meant the spotting lasted for 8 days. Af lasted 4 which is short for me but perfectly average I understand... Now if that were you would you bother going to the gp about it? 12 days of 'bleeding' seems excessive to me.

I am very much a stick my head in the sand type person so I just thought I'd put the question out there grin

Thanks!

dondon33 Wed 27-Feb-13 00:22:23

Go ! I would. It does seem excessive. Did you test? I ask because with my first I had 2 'periods' not normal ones but spotting and very light - The docs could explain the first one, they said it was most likely an implan bleed but heavier/more than usual. The second they put down to hormones hmm

Liquoriceallsort Wed 27-Feb-13 06:58:34

No I haven't tested because after the spotting it was a proper af. Maybe just hormones playing up?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now