TTC or pregnancy on prednisolone or similar part 10

(1000 Posts)
roseandroli Thu 14-Feb-13 10:17:57

We are now on part 10 of this thread! I hope you can all find this. This is a positive thread for all those diagnosed with High or Very High NK Cells and looking to start TTC or already pregnant on Prednisolone and/or Intralipid treatment.

Newcomers very much welcome!

Links to earlier threads:

Part 9: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/a1552980-TTC-or-pregnancy-on-prednisolone-or-similar-part-9

Part 8: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/a1492407-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-8#33842381

Part 7 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1452035-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-7

Part 6 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1419032-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-6

Part 5 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1391787-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-5

Part 4 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1366323-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-4

Part 3 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1348773-TTC-pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-3

Part 2 here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1323594-TTC-pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-2

Part 1 here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1236324-TTC-pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar

just came to check for news from buzzy
tums thats strange. is like your normal period, not lighter or anything?

cross post! buzzy that's brilliant news, how many weeks are you?

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Wed 12-Jun-13 18:59:33

Horray Buzzy I've been loitering on the thread all day waiting for news! I'm really pleased but I can understand your caution. When is your next scan?

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Wed 12-Jun-13 19:00:40

Congrats also cartoonTrickster on your recent scan too smile

teamdozie Wed 12-Jun-13 20:20:47

Hi everyone

i am new to this thread so i hope i can join in.
i'll just give you a little info on me:
Me 29 - DH 33
Prg 1: MC 5 wks
Prg 2: MMC 20wks (twins - twin 1 mc @ 6 wks)
Prg 3: MMC 9 wks (aspirin)
Prg 4: MMC 8 wks (twins)(aspirin, progesterone)
Prg 5: MMC 7 wks (aspirin, progesterone, heparin)

I am currently being seen by Dr Shehata and have V high NK cells and i am taking aspirin, vit D, hydroxy ( 6 weeks pre conception) currently 3 wks to go...
on positive prg test i will start progesterone, prend, intralipids, heparin and all the above.. oh plus anti sickness tablets too..
i need to go and buy a pill box i think..

Ive seen all your positive stories and all the wonderful support and it would great to hear a bit more about your experiences..

fingers crossed all this works

buzzybee123 Wed 12-Jun-13 20:30:49

thank you ladies your support does mean alot to me

I am 7w2d but its feels like an eternity, I am seeing Shehata next Wednesday so I'll have a scan then, EPAU are going to organise a scan at 10 weeks for me too.

team welcome, so sorry to hear about your loses

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Wed 12-Jun-13 20:32:58

Welcome teamdozie I'm sorry that you need this thread but you're very welcome. I have a similar history to you, also seeing Mr S and going to start Pred with a positive test (although Mr S wanted me to take Pred every month from ovulation).

TumTimes could you have a blood test done? That's probably the only way you will know what's going on sad

Tumtimes1 Thu 13-Jun-13 09:39:12

So pleased there was a heartbeat Buzzybee This is great news!

Hi teamdozie so sorry to read of your losses. This may seem a silly question but what are the anti-sickness tabs for (presume you get nauseas when pregnant) but wondered if they were for anything else and what brand are you taking?

Thanks guys - I have done a test on an IC but a very sensitive one and no line. I am going to pluck up the courage to do the FR tomorrow (FMU) and will pray no line. How weird, now i don't want a line. GAH the whole thing is just getting on my nerves :-). If this is a line though I will take your advice and go for a blood test. xx

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Fri 14-Jun-13 09:34:52

<sigh> still not up duffed. No AF but no BFP either, I suspect I may be be perimenopausal.
I'm starting to wonder about some fertility aids, like Clomid. Has anyone here gotten Clomid from Mr S, alongside all the other meds?

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Fri 14-Jun-13 09:35:59

Tumtimes did you do the FR test? What did it say?

mollieboo Fri 14-Jun-13 10:50:27

Hi everyone

buzzy great news on your scan. I know its all such a worry but good signs so far.

tum hope you've got some answers now. I had a situation similar to you last year.

dozie welcome to the thread, so sorry for your losses. I'm on Mr S's treatment plan too as a lot of us on here .

accidental sorry no bfp. Mr S does a superovulation programme using letrazole.

I had my 12 week scan with Mr S yesterday, all still looked good, hopefully a big milestone passed. I was a bag of nerves waiting to go in!

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Fri 14-Jun-13 11:39:01

Mollieboo 12 week scan? that's fantastic news! I'm made up for you flowers

Thanks for the info about Mr S superovulation plan, I think living so far away would make that impossible for me.
Is the Latrazole the injection?

buzzybee123 Fri 14-Jun-13 12:37:15

mollie great news on your scan it is abig milestone smile

accidental I was going to say it might be difficult with you being in foreign lands but if there is a place that can scan you it might be possible

mollieboo Fri 14-Jun-13 17:03:38

accidental sorry forgot you live abroad. Last time I used superovulation I got the scripts from newlife, then had a follicle scan locally & had a telephone appt with newlife re when to do trigger shot etc. Letrozole/femara are the tablets to induce ovulation, ovitrelle is injection...

teamdozie Sat 15-Jun-13 20:49:41

Hi accidental, buzzy, mollie and tum

Thank you for the welcome..

accidental sorry i made a mistake i too have to take prendi from positive ovulation.. i have 2 1/2 weeks left of proxy before we can start trying but have to wait for Julys cycle.. :-)

tum Dr S gave me the anti sickness tablets to go with the steroids, i have to take both in the morning..

mollie congrats on the scan, its so nice to hear positive news and so nice to hear that Dr S's treatment works

Tumtimes1 Sun 16-Jun-13 11:33:16

Hello all, mollieboo that is so cool about your 12 week scan! So pleased for you!

accidental and everyone :-) I did an FR this morning, there was the faintest faintest barely negligible line. It's like eyes playing tricks on you type line so the good news is, it's much much fainter than before so I know now that even if there was any hormone in me still it's on it's way out. Which for me means I don't think this could have been a chemical, more like the hormone hasn't gone completely yet. I also now have a bench mark for this month when I test.

I'm on day 11 today of my cycle and my cbfm monitor says high but my clear blue smiley ovulation sticks are just circle, no smiley. I tend to do them together to get an accurate reading, that way when I get a peak on my cbfm monitor I usually get a smiley they same day so I know what's what. I also plan to do my smiley sticks morning and night so I know I don't miss a 12 hour chunk of time etc.

We shall see but have my fingers crossed we catch it this month. Xxxx

Tumtimes1 Sun 16-Jun-13 11:34:57

teamdozie what do the anti-sickness tabs do, are they for nausea specifically or something else? Xxx

teamdozie Sun 16-Jun-13 17:35:26

Hi Tum

Sorry, he gave them to take with the steroids to settle my stomach. Apparently they cause sickness or indigestion.

xx

buzzybee123 Sun 16-Jun-13 17:52:59

I've just had some bright red blood sad

hi teamdozie is that the omeprazole?
buzzy are you ok, was it a lot?

buzzybee123 Sun 16-Jun-13 18:24:03

about 3 wipes, i'm not sick anymore and have cramps

oh no. is the cramping bad. make sure you go to a&e if its bad. god I don't know what to say sad

teamdozie Sun 16-Jun-13 19:20:51

hi Cartoon

thats the ones.. are you taking them too?
buzzy its hard but try and stay positive

xx

yup I have them twice a day now because I get bad heartburn. but I'm weaning off the pred now as I was 9wks on Sat so hopefully the heartburn will disappear once I'm off them!

teamdozie Sun 16-Jun-13 20:09:54

oh thats brilliant..
did you have to take hydroxy too? i am on that at the moment for 6 weeks before we can start trying..
i hate waiting lol

Congrats on the pregnancy thats brilliant news..

This thread is not accepting new messages.