TTC or pregnancy on prednisolone or similar part 10

(1000 Posts)
roseandroli Thu 14-Feb-13 10:17:57

We are now on part 10 of this thread! I hope you can all find this. This is a positive thread for all those diagnosed with High or Very High NK Cells and looking to start TTC or already pregnant on Prednisolone and/or Intralipid treatment.

Newcomers very much welcome!

Links to earlier threads:

Part 9: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/a1552980-TTC-or-pregnancy-on-prednisolone-or-similar-part-9

Part 8: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/a1492407-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-8#33842381

Part 7 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1452035-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-7

Part 6 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1419032-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-6

Part 5 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1391787-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-5

Part 4 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1366323-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-4

Part 3 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1348773-TTC-pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-3

Part 2 here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1323594-TTC-pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-2

Part 1 here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1236324-TTC-pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar

mollieboo Wed 08-May-13 19:33:51

Glad its all over mel, you should def have next week off for some rest, you deserve it.

Thanks ari, I'm on 40mg of pred for first time, and def getting puffy face, yuk. It must be a bit nervewracking not being on lots of pred but the other drug is probably working lots of magic on you, and yes at least you haven't got minging side effects!

Mel3062 Thu 09-May-13 11:05:43

Thanks mollie, just debating whether its worth being tested by prof quenby to check womb or if that will just confuse treatment and should just stick with mr s. surely the intralipids would've helped any in the womb?

Mel3062 Thu 09-May-13 14:40:45

Penny's suggested I need a hysteroscopy any experiences? Do I have it here or Athens?

hi all. guess what, I'm pregnant again! just 4weeks now. a bit of an accident so I have started all my meds late. fingers massively crossed, it may already be too late.
mollie wonderful news too!
what time of day do people tend to take their pred?

freelancegirl Sat 11-May-13 08:45:22

Hi all! Wow that's great Cartoon! Hope it goes ok. Have you got a scan booked yet?

Hope you're ok Mel. Sorry I've no experience of that but I know people gave had it done in the uk.

Mollie how's it going - when is your next appointment?

Have to say the Athens stuff sounds fascinating Ari! Do keep us updated as to how it goes.

Hope kittens is doing well! Hope you have a good sleeper. My DS has been a terrible sleeper since 12 weeks, just when I thought we had cracked it. I was wondering whether it might be the steroids :/

yes thanks free its on the 29th with Mr s. I'm waiting to hear when I can go in for an intralipid, I'm a bit anxious about not having had it yet.
the NHS are also really going to look after us this time as I have now had 3 Mc's. they did tests on me and dh and on our little pebble so I phoned in a panic to get the results when I found out we were pregnant again we weren't due to get them until the 29th. massive sigh of relieve when they agreed to give them over the phone! they found no problem with me or dh. they would probably say this whole thing is a load of crap but I can't risk not trying Mr s again as I firmly believe it helps.
pebble was a boy and had a random chromosome issue. chromosome 4 she said. we are still planning to go to that appointment so we can talk in more depths. but she seems to think its highly unlikely to happen again.
just got to pry my killers don't get this one.

mollieboo Sat 11-May-13 10:06:30

Massive congrats cartoon, that's wonderful news. Thanks, here's hoping we both have success this time after such awful luck last time. I take pred straight after breakfast. I wake up in the early hours every night for about 2 hours as I'm on 40mg now, its hard work but if it works I don't care.

Hi free, wow that sounds tiring for you! Next scan is a week today, although I might go for one on Monday too as I don't know if I can wait another whole week to know if all is ok. Was anyone else like that?

mel hope you're feeling better. I have no experience of the procedure you asked about either sorry.

Hello to everyone else too.

Mel3062 Sat 11-May-13 11:21:58

Thanks ladies
Congrats on the pregnancy news cartoon- sorry I don't know your history but am I right in thinking the nk cell programme didnt work for you last time? It's just I'm finding comfort from others in the same position as its not worked first time for me so may get steroids upped abit.
Good luck to you all and I'm a terrible sleeper on the steroids!!

ah mel sorry! well I had one mmc then a blighted ovum. went to see Mr s privately and put me on treatment for very high nk cells. no heripin injections. but I was on 40mg of pred. I got pregnant on first go but lost the baby at 12.5weeks, the furthest we've ever got. they found a chromosome issue with baby so I don't think the treatment caused this nor could have prevented it. im sorry that this may not be helpful to you.
I'm taking everything in the evening this time, I find it easier but not sure if I really should be. hmm

mollieboo Sat 11-May-13 14:45:22

mel this is my 3rd pregnancy on treatment, I'm hoping the last one was due to a chromosomal issue too but I didn't get any testing done. If this one doesn't work I'm not sure where to go from there.

cartoon how is it going taking pred in the evening, do you find it better than taking in the morning? Am interested as insomnia is hardgoing!

I've booked a scan for Tuesday now. I find it so hard to go longer than a week without a scan, I worry too much.

mollie its only been a couple of days I've been back on it for. but I'm having a hard time sleeping. I'm not sure if its just worry or if its the pred. I wasn't too bad last time. I'm going to persevere for a bit and see if it gets better. I may end up going back to having it in the morning.
how many weeks are you?

Mel3062 Sat 11-May-13 15:30:55

Cartoon sorry to hear that I really hope this works out for you. I'm not sure if mine is implantation as my last 3 have been about 6 weeks hence the hysteo.
I don't mean to sound like I like others misfortune but I was so convinced treatment would work first time for me so it helps me look forward knowing others have been in my position.
Mollie best of luck to you too x

don't worry mel I understand what you mean. I was convinced it was working and had kinda forgotten that something else could cause things to go wrong.
it always helps to find people who are in the same position as you.

mollieboo Sat 11-May-13 16:23:09

Totally understand mel, I take comfort in knowing others have mc'd on treatment and then had success. It always helps to know you're not the only one.

Cartoon I'm 7w3d. Saw a heartbeat a week ago but still worry lots, that goes without saying I guess!

doubt we will ever stop worrying. I have my fingers firmly crossed you mollie

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Sun 12-May-13 20:13:43

Congrats MollieBoo on getting this far and seeing the precious heartbeat.
Wow cartoontrickster I'm so so pleased for you, I will keep my fingers crossed.
I imagine that ere must be so many mixed emotions for you both. It's such a roller coaster.

I'm yet again on my 2ww. I can read pregnancy symptoms into everything, fortunately after trying to concieve pretty much constantly for years I have a little voice of reason reminding me to not obsess too much. The delay in concieving has enabled me to have a lovely 40th and holiday in Italy without any worries so that's positive smile.
Testing on the 15th...

bless you accidental thank you.
glad youve been enjoying urself. I'd like to go to Italy one day.

mollieboo Mon 13-May-13 16:43:14

Thanks accidental. Hope you get your bfp soon. Glad you enjoyed Italy and your birthday.

I had a scan today, all is still well and I'm still measuring exactly to the day, so I'm very relieved, not used to good news these days and hope it lasts!

Waves to all, hope everyone is doing good.

I'd like a slight mental if I could ladies. how far along am? guesses welcome! I'm sure we are all familiar with the Wtf cycles experienced after mc/erpc. my last period was 13th April but spotted the day before. which was 33 days after erpc so a bit long for me. I usually have a 30 day cycle. but bearing in mind I tested on day 26 in the evening with a darker line than last times early testing in the morning makes me think I was having a shorter cycle. during other Wtf cycles I have had ones around 27 days. so am I only just 4 weeks or am I more. I'm worried that by having a scan on the 29th I could be only just 6wks which is hit and miss as far as a heart beat goes.
I'm hoping the darker postive is a good sign!
hope all this makes sense. will the md just date me according to a 28 day cycle?

freelancegirl Mon 13-May-13 22:22:10

Mollie that's brilliant news! Another good scan. The wait is horrible isn't it. I remember time dragging so slowly. Are you having them every two weeks?

Cartoon that's a tough one. I've no idea either. Maybe it's best to put the scan back a few days to make sure it would be closer to 7 weeks in the hope that by then something will definitely be there? It's awful to wait but doubly awful to have the stress of an inconclusive scan if it's too early.

mollieboo Tue 14-May-13 04:05:15

My nightly insomnia time! Thanks free. Was meant to be having fortnightly scans but have decided to have them weekly as I can't handle the wait. I keep expecting the worst every time I go, but so far its all good which is wonderful. Just trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Cartoon I second free's advice, could you book your scan for a few days or week later? Or if you do go on the date you've booked just be prepared for earlier dates and no heartbeat and then go back a week later? I know its difficult all the waiting and worrying...

helterskelter99 Tue 14-May-13 07:14:16

Hello lovely people in the haze of newborn stuff I haven't been on mums net for ever so have been catching up
Glad to hear some success stories and big hugs to those who aren't there yet.
If Penny thinks you need something whoever is on that dilemma I would do it, friends have found the Athens treatment v thorough (sorry can't remember who is seeing her at the mo
For those preg one day at a time is the way I survived wake up preg go to bed preg that's as far as you need to think xx

Baby boy arrived at the end of Dec he is an Ivf Hammersmith baby for those on that path. Mr Lavery there prescribed the pred & did my immune testing. Fingers crossed his cousin will arrive this Dec as a result of Ivf + immune treatment from care.

helter what lovely news. I so love to hear about the babies.
thanks free and mollie its a shame that date is so convenient as dh is already off work. the NHS are giving me an early scan too hopefully my letter should come in a few days and that will help me decide where to change the one with Mr s. I did another frer this morning, darkest line I've ever had which makes me think I must be nearer to 4.5wk than 4wk. don't you just love my logic! so then I'd be 6.5ish at the scan.

Mel3062 Tue 14-May-13 08:17:32

Thanks helter and congrats that's the news I needed to here ill def head to serum.
Cartoon I saw heartbeat at 6 weeks 4 days so you maybe lucky fingers crossed xx

duggs1976 Tue 14-May-13 08:24:57

Helter great to hear your IVF news. There are quite a number of us going down that route now. Mainly on the soon to be renamed super ov thread. We think that if dr s treatment isn't working within 3 to 6 cycles then more help is needed be that super ov, IVF or further testing. Most of us have struggled to even get pg since starting his treatment so we've either moved on or trying variations of things from the elusive bfp's we long for. I'm actually going down hammer smith route with NHS but I didn't bother to mention immunes at all so far as figured I'd just take some pred as a precaution as my nk cells were tested normal after my last IVF failure last April. Don't think they have been my main issue. Anyway do pop over or I will re post on there as we could do with some IVF success stories. Folk are going far and wide as far as Greece and checz republic. smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.