When to try again after miscarriage

(5 Posts)
AlwaysBizzy Sun 10-Feb-13 13:21:57

I had a miscarriage nearly 2 weeks ago at 11 weeks. The baby would have been born in late August. As a result, we have booked a weeks holiday at easter, thinking that the summer would be a write off.
We'd decided to start trying again in April. I'll be 38 by then & if it works, it'll mean I have the baby when I'm still 38.
I've been mulling waiting until after the summer which will allow us to have a bigger family holiday with my 2 older children, the youngest will start school in September.
What am I trying to balance here? waiting another 4-5 months before ttc in order to give everyone else in my family an adverture against my worry about getting older & the increased risk of miscarriage.

quoteunquote Sun 10-Feb-13 13:31:41

The truth is no one knows,

Just do what ever suits you, what ever is the least stressful, if you happen to be pregnant in the summer, you will just feel that is what you are doing, and you won't worry about holidays.

Good luck.

AlwaysBizzy Sun 10-Feb-13 13:37:54

You're right, I'm over thinking it, trying to plan something, a pregnancy when there are no garantees. I have a sense of life's too short at the moment compensating by trying to do everything

quoteunquote Sun 10-Feb-13 14:12:57

It does make you manic, it is hard to find a focus for the energy.

Just be really kind to yourselves, the more you do this, it helps, really there is nothing that will fill the gap, but it does change,

it's really hard as the due dates and other mile stones loom on the horizon, it natural to want the distraction of another positive going on, keep busy, but do take some time out together to allow yourself to attend to your heads.

give your body a bit of time to recover, rest, relax.

and give yourself permission to do what ever is necessary to process the grief, if you need to howl at the moon howl at the moon,

take care.

Soph80 Sun 10-Feb-13 15:11:14

So sorry about your loss. Theres no guarantees you actually conceive when you want to, take it from someone whos been trying for 20 months. I'd just start trying now and everything else will slip into place xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now