Advice about Ov predictor strips please.

(5 Posts)
dondon33 Sat 09-Feb-13 19:38:36

Ok, so I'm ready to start TTC this month - I've bought a pack of strips today to begin testing but I'm struggling to understand completely (I'm in a different country, instrucs are not in my language) So thought I'd ask here first before I begin the mammoth task of google translating.

So I understand NOT to use the first wee of the morning for testing - it tells me to do the test between 10am and 8pm - what day of my cycle to start testing = all good, all understood.
I'm unsure if it tells me to limit my intake of fluids 2 hours before the test or not (I think I read this somewhere else but I'm not sure)
Can someone advise.
Thank you.

happylass Sun 10-Feb-13 10:59:24

Not sure what brand you are using but I've tried a few different ones and all say to limit fluid intake beforehand so as not to dilute the urine too much. Also most need the test line to be as dark or darker than the control line in order to be positive, but again this may be different. Hope this helps!

dondon33 Sun 10-Feb-13 11:04:27

Thanks Happy, very helpful.
I thought I'd read that about the liquid intake - so will do so.
It does say that about the test line too on the instucs.
I need to use one today and Dp is away until tomorrow or I would have had him translate it all for me.
Thanks again.

PickledInAPearTree Sun 10-Feb-13 11:08:32

Not first morning urine as the hormone needs time to get into wee

About 2pm I did them

And try about the same time each day

Think that's all!

dondon33 Sun 10-Feb-13 17:11:25

Thanks pickled

I done it around 4.30 pm after limiting liquid intake for around 2 hours before, urine looked fine too definitely not diluted.
Got a negative result so will continue to try again at same time.

I think I ov later in my cycle but the test instrucs told me to start testing today (26 day cycle so begin on day CD10)

Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now