Ttc after recent mc, for Creme egg scoffers, shared confusion and joint cursing of mother nature

(956 Posts)

I couldn't bring myself to call her a bitch, we still need her help! Come on ladies, let's do this thing....

SpanishLady Wed 13-Feb-13 14:49:57

Oh Janie - I can sympathise - I have two friends due to give birth first week of March so will need to 'man up' when it comes to visiting them - there is another girl on the periphery of my group of friends who I have a love-hate relationship with who I know is TTC and lets just say sometimes she and her DH lack any sensitivity (eg when she got pregnant with first baby - her DH said to our mutual friends - who had tried for 2 years to get pregnant - 'I got her pregnant first time - easy, Im not a jaffar' - whatever that means)

so I will have to plaster a smile on my face and you know I am pleased for people but it will hurt I wont lie

arigold Wed 13-Feb-13 15:51:22

thanks everyone, i'm as expected but doing better thanks to my family and friends which is nice.

janie definitely better to have a melt before you see her, its hard to process the mixture of emotions, I'm sure even if you did seem a little upset she would understand!

JanieLovesHerThreeLeggedCat Wed 13-Feb-13 17:51:03

i actually won't see her for a while as i'm in ireland and she's in england, i'll probably plan a visit over in a couple of months.

anyone seen thunder recently? helloooo! is dh feeling any better?

JBrd Wed 13-Feb-13 20:29:05

I'm also dreading the soon-to-start influx of new babies that is imminent here. It'll be 1-2 babies per month starting more or less now (waiting to hear from a friend who was due last week). It's going to be so hard, and I hate myself for begrudging them their happiness and joy sad

JanieLovesHerThreeLeggedCat Wed 13-Feb-13 21:52:43

jbrd don't worry, it's natural. i'm actually fine again today, it just all hit home last night i think. i was surprised at how emotional i got, really didn;t think i'd be as bad. it just brought back the fact that it wasn't us celebrating..ya know? but now i can't wait to go visit and get baby squeezes from the little guy smile

ChocolateCremeEggBag Wed 13-Feb-13 22:44:29

Hello All, sorry that you are all having hard times with pg friends, I don't have that particular problem to contend with at the moment.

I do however have the smear test letter staring at me, was hoping to have the pg excuse, but suppose I better get on and have it (ugh shiver ugh)

Shell - looking forward to the "sextival" about start next week (DH is a bit scared when I call it that)

JanieLovesHerThreeLeggedCat Wed 13-Feb-13 23:08:31

Lolz at sextival!! Looks like a few of us are on high alert dtd week and smear testing next week!! What fun things to have in common!!!!

Hello hello everyone and Happy Valentines Day to all. <air kisses> mwah mwah.

In short:

Welcome to newbies
TOTALLY get it about feeling Waaaaa! Re new babies. Hope I will be more sensitive to my friends when it's my turn than some of them are to me as well (just flipping it over)
Good luck with the smear tests- hopefully you won't have 'elusive cervixes' phone tried to autocorrect that to crevices hee hee like I did
OH feeling much better thank you janie and we're limbering up for Sex-March. The month, not the way of walking. <mind boggles>

How are we all today? I missed you!

Bakingtins Thu 14-Feb-13 14:18:48

Hi thunder glad to hear you are in good spirits.

What did everyone get for Valentine's day then? (apart from air kisses) I got a card. I'm sure the sexy lingerie, bottle of (non-alcoholic) champers, and tickets to Paris are just waiting for this evening grin

Busy doing helping my DS1 with his holiday homework, to make a picture in the style of Paul Klee. The most fun you can have with millions of pieces of gummed paper - who knew?

JanieLovesHerThreeLeggedCat Thu 14-Feb-13 14:31:11

hey thunder good to see (?) you!! and glad that your OH is back in the game!! double fun next month to make up for it then eh!!

we're heading off this weekend for my birthday (not valentines!) but got a nice m&s meal deal tonight... although we ate the dessert already haha oops!! chocolatey puddings don't stay long in our fridge! but i did get a card and a single red rose this morning... i'm kinda against big bunches of expensive flowers at valentines...i'd rather have the money!

oh and i never changed my name to something baking related.....

JanieLovesCake Thu 14-Feb-13 14:33:06

there we go... baking and valentines themed! xx

Thunderbuns Thu 14-Feb-13 14:48:39

How about this? Baking, dtd AND pg related?

Valentines...

Me: happy Valentines day my lovely
Him: it's not valentines day til tomorrow.

Nuff said? We're having yummy food tonight- organised and cooked by he.

Hey janie and tins

shellshock7 Thu 14-Feb-13 15:00:33

Just laughed out loud at thunderbuns ha ha grin

Thunderbuns Thu 14-Feb-13 15:17:29

Hey shell, you alright duck? Feeling a bit better? Good luck with the turbo sperm...

yorkiebilb Thu 14-Feb-13 16:18:35

Hey all, sorry to hear all the tough times everyone has been going through.

Unfortunately we've had to come back from our honeymoon early as DH's father has v suddenly become seriously ill and prognosis is not good. I'm not going to be on the thread for a while as ttc is obv on hold but wanted to wish you all the v best of luck in your ttc and fx future/current healthy pgs. x

JanieLovesCake Thu 14-Feb-13 17:38:44

Aw yorkie I'm so sorry to hear your news, how awful. Hope you and dh are coping asbestos as you can in this difficult time. Keep in touch xx

thunder I'm having a right giggle at your start to v day!! And nice name!! I have a good feeling about these baking names smile now where's my glass of Pinot noir, scallops and rare steak...

JanieLovesCake Thu 14-Feb-13 17:39:28

Oops obv I didn't mean to write asbestos...stupid phone. As best as...

ChocolateCremeEggBag Thu 14-Feb-13 17:50:05

Oh yorkie hope you are ok, hope to see you back soon..

DH managed a card and Chocolate Orange this morning, he has high hopes for these evening as AF has finally gone. So now doing my pre-match warm up exercises while feeding DS. Will also make some kind of dint in the calorie overload as I am also working through the segments grin

Hope everyone is having a lovely valentines xx

Thunderbuns Thu 14-Feb-13 18:10:57

yorkie that is so shitty. Poor you and DH. Sending lots of thoughts and thanks your way. Always feel free to pop back and say hello/have a rant or whatever.

janie, we're having scallops, red wine and rare steak too! AND pâté and Camembert and blue cheese. Pg banned food a go-go!

JanieLovesCake Thu 14-Feb-13 18:18:09

haha thunder dammit i forgot to get cheese! if i could be arsed i'd make chocolate mousse with raw egg whites just to make a point!! enjoy mr & mrs thunder!!

Bakingtins Thu 14-Feb-13 21:16:05

Yorkie I'm really sorry to hear about your FIL sad

Bakingtins Thu 14-Feb-13 21:17:08

I'm liking the name changes, ladies! Hoping all our luck is changing for the better.

BumpKitty Thu 14-Feb-13 21:35:58

hey everyone - happy V day, Dh and I managed to buy each other the same card which amused us no end smile we had a tasty slimming world friendly dinner (lost 4 lbs this week!).

yorkie so sorry about your FIL, we're here if you need us you don't have to be talking about ttc. Look after each other xx

I'm on CD 12, following the sperm meets egg plan, very feint line on the opk today (nothing previous 2 days) but copious EWCM yesterday - who knows...

Today I was attempting to poas (opk) whilst bathing DD, she is in spectacular tantrum form of late, this particular one was because I wouldn't let her scramble unaided out of the bath to flush mummy's wee wee. Oh the irony of attempting to determine ovulation in the vain hope of conceiving DC2 whilst blithely allowing DC1 to risk life and limb thrashing about in a frenzy of the unfairness of pretty much everything grin

Thunderbuns Thu 14-Feb-13 21:36:35

<passes janie the cheeseboard.

pass me mousse PLEASE

CoffeeandCremeEggs Fri 15-Feb-13 10:43:13

hey hey, happy Vday everybody (for yesterday!) Liking the name changes.

I got home from a work trip yesterday evening to find OH cooking me a nice rare steak and having bought me flowers. This is kind of unprecedented. There was also wine and blue cheese. Seems to be a bit of a pattern here!

And I think I'm about to o so perfect timing for the weekend. Except now I have a rotten cold so don't feel like it. Never mind! Functional sex for the purposes of procreating it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now