Ttc after recent mc, for Creme egg scoffers, shared confusion and joint cursing of mother nature

(956 Posts)

I couldn't bring myself to call her a bitch, we still need her help! Come on ladies, let's do this thing....

I know I worry about the age gap but I'm sure once it happens I will be fine - we had to wait a while as I knew we couldn't afford 2 lots of nursery fees so always knew it would be at least a 3.5 year gap. I will always find something to worry about and it's normally something I can't control. I thought the bleeding had all stopped but I have had some random pain and spotting this evening so guess I will have to wait a bit longer before ttc again - hopefully it won't be long x

Thunderbuns Sat 23-Feb-13 07:51:04

Morning all. Hello and welcome to ark. Sorry you're here. I don't have any other children but saggy I think those sound like very sensible words!

Conception question- so most important days for dtd when using cb opk must be something like day before smiley, day of smiley and then the couple of days afterwards would we think?

Thunderbuns Sat 23-Feb-13 08:42:16

Meant to say janie double YES to wine!

JanieLovesCake Sat 23-Feb-13 10:04:22

diy chocolate jmf and thunder thank you for the wine encouragement. i had a couple of glasses - god i needed it last night!!

waves at ark sorry you're here. i have no kids either but know friends who also determined to get the 'perfect' age gap. i hope it happens again for you soon, but try not to stress about it if possible, as it sadly can't put time on hold.

also ark i'm with you on the long cycles, mine are normally around 50 days which is so frustrating. i've had only 2 AFs since my MC at the start of october. i find the internet cheapies the most economical as you can use these every day, all month if you want to and you can get a month's supply for under a fiver. this month i bought the Clearblue digital opk pack of 7 (£20), but because i'm not exactly sure when i'll OV due to long / irregular cycles, i feel they will disappear really quickly. i think i'll OV some time mid next week, so we're dtd everynight for the next week or so. the internet cheapies seem to give you the sign for the 4/5 days running up to OV so personally i think they're better than the CB ones. as thunder says, you get the smiley on the day of OV, so if you don't know roughly when you OV, you've already missed a few days before that when you could have been dtd.

SpanishLady Sat 23-Feb-13 14:23:51

I use the clear blue opks too. My plan so far when ttc is to start DTd once I stop bleeding from my period, then use opk to ensure I try and catch ov to make we definitely Dtd in the 24 before and after. That way I give myself the best chance I can but don't get too stressed If we can't Dtd for some reason eg if its not directly around ov I can give my dh the night off without worrying I have missed my best time!

Thunderbuns Sat 23-Feb-13 15:57:44

When you say 24 before and after spanish, do you mean smiley day and day after smiley?

Bakingtins Sat 23-Feb-13 18:22:50

Smiley detects LH so you are likely to ov in the 24 hrs following the smiley or peak. Once the egg is released it has 24 hrs to be fertilised. If possible I'd DTD that day and the following one. Remember swimmers can survive 5 days, so if your DH can't change his plans I second the suggestion to DTD before he goes away.

SpanishLady Sat 23-Feb-13 19:52:28

The best scenario would be to Dtd the day before smiley, day of and day after..... But then I obsess as you might have figured out!

Thunderbuns Sun 24-Feb-13 09:06:47

That's great, thank you ladies- as I thought. Now need to figure out when he's actually going but if I'm getting back to normal then I should now have some idea of the really important time.

How's everyone today? I'm hungover!

DIYandEatCake Sun 24-Feb-13 11:54:34

Suffering with a migraine and not able to take anything stronger than paracetamol thanks to being in the 2ww. Looking forward to a day of pain and chucking up... Get v annoyed when af comes and I needn't have suffered, but clinging to the hope this could be my lucky month... Anyone else get the same?

Thunderbuns Sun 24-Feb-13 12:13:04

Poor you, diy, thats horrible. What's the reasoning behind not taking paracetamol in the tww?

Sunshine2013Hopefully Sun 24-Feb-13 13:51:53

Hi everyone, I'm a long term lurker and yous all seem so nice and supportive on this thread, so could some of yous answer a question for me plz?

I had an early mc in January and we decided to TTC again straight away. When I did get pg in Jan my breasts started tingling from 5 dpo - which was obviously a positive pregnancy sign for me! So thus month I'm currently 7 dpo and no tingles but my breasts r sore and a bit swollen!

So my question is to those ppl who have had multiple pregnancies, did ur early symptoms change from one pregnancy to the next??

Thanks for any help, and sorry we all hav to meet in such sad circumstances! Xx

Bakingtins Sun 24-Feb-13 14:37:00

Hi sunshine and welcome, we could use a bit of sunshine on the thread! I think unfortunately thinking about possibly being pregnant makes you overanalyse every sign and poking your boobs experimentally makes them sore and in my case a lot of PMS symptoms would fit into the possibly pregnant category. Hormones, eh? I got a BFP in early Feb and I've had fewer symptoms than every other month when I got BFNs hoping this is not a bad sign and each of my five early pregnancies has felt a bit different.
No alternative to waiting it out for another few days and testing. Hope you get a BFP.

Bakingtins Sun 24-Feb-13 14:38:35

DIY hope the migraine passes soon. Have you asked your doctor if there is anything safe you could take if you were in early preg?

Wardy17 Sun 24-Feb-13 18:01:47

Hi everyone, can I join???

I had an mmc at the end of Nov, I was 11 weeks but baby stopped growing at 8 weeks, this was my 1st pregnancy! We wanted to start trying again straight away. Didn't have AF at all in December and first period after the mmc was 7th Jan.

Well that was my last one, I am now on CD49 and no sign of AF and I've tested a bit and getting BFNs I am guessing that my cycle isn't back to normal yet or I've had an anovulation cycle!!!

I just don't know what all this means, will I ovulate before my AF decides to arrive or not? Shall I continue trying I just don't know what to do!!! I have had increased cm lately and really bad skin.

Just feel very sad at the moment!

Bakingtins Sun 24-Feb-13 19:02:16

Hi Wardy sorry to hear about your MMC but you are of course welcome to join us. I'm afraid many of us have had WTF cycles the first couple after MC and it is very frustrating. No way to say if you have ovulated or will ovulate this cycle unless you are charting/temping/ov sticks. If you normally get increased CM around ov and have it now I'd give it a go! Did you have regular cycles before? Hopefully it's just a case of hormones settling down and you'll be back to being predictable. It is difficult, I'm sure you feel like your cycles being back to normal and being able to "try" with some hope of success is part of moving forward. Hope your AF arrives soon, or you get a sneaky BFP one of the times you test.

Wardy17 Sun 24-Feb-13 19:13:23

Thanks bakingtins yes before mmc I had very regular 32 day cycles. I was using Clearblue OPKs when I finished my period in jan and I got a smiley face on the 25th Jan I dtd the deed the 3 days leading up to my smiley face, the day of, twice and the day after so when I was late I really thought I was pg!!! I have since found out that I can have an LH surge but no release an egg... I definitely detected an LH Surge but think if I was pg now the tests would def pick it up at 16 days late!!!

DIYandEatCake Sun 24-Feb-13 20:52:25

Hi wardy and sunshine. wardy, that is frustrating, especially when you just want to get on with it again. Hope something happens for you soon.

bakingtins keeping fingers crossed for you and hoping you get some symptoms soon to put your mind at rest.

Feeling better this evening, but a wasted day. The triptans I used to take are a complete no-no in pregnancy (and breast feeding which I'm still doing), i've been managing ok the last couple of years with ibuprofen but some studies say that has an increased risk of miscarriage, so i dont risk it in the 2ww. Paracetamol is all the drs are willing to say is safe, was offered other drugs last time I got pg (suffered lots in early pg) but they all had some risk so decided I'd rather put up with it.

How's everyone else? Wonder who's going to get lucky this month, at least one of us has to!

shellshock7 Sun 24-Feb-13 20:59:44

Aaagggh just lost my reply...will try to remember it grrrr

Hi to all the newbies, sorry to find you here, good luck getting a quick BFP smile

janie I've decided to try to go dry for the 2ww, just in case really?! I usually drink the same right up to BFP as I don't think transfer to embryo happens until abt 6 weeks? DIY for this reason I would take nurofen in the 2ww?

sunshine in my 3 PGs (one DS) I only had sore breasts once, and it wasn't the successful one? I think each PG is different and symptoms are unpredictable.

So, I'm feeling a bit better flu wise and am on CD18...but now DH is starting with the flu and I just know he won't DTD anyway like i did and I don't ovulate until CD19 usually so got a few rounds left to go! sad

shellshock7 Sun 24-Feb-13 21:01:38

Ah just seen your reply DIY I didn't know abt the ibuprofen studies, sounds like you suffer badly glad you're feeling a bit better smile

jmf294 Sun 24-Feb-13 21:07:36

I wouldn't touch ibuprofen either just to be safe.
I need to cut down my caffeine- I don't drink much tea or coffee but I drink Pepsi max like its water!!

I had a smiley face on day 8, now day 13 with no more smilies!!
If you ovulate early can you test early or should I wait until day 28.
15 more days seems forever.
Also I'm going away this weekend- what can I drink- don't want to drink alchol but want to avoid caffeine. Water on a girlie weekend sounds rubbish!!
Hope you all have a good week ahead!

Bakingtins Sun 24-Feb-13 21:27:07

I've cut down to 1 or 2 cups of tea a day - since I normally drink it all the time I'm like a bear with a sore head it's difficult.
jmf I think it's days post ov that determine when you can test, so if you ov early you can in theory test early. Maybe try some cheapie tests from 10 dpo if you want to? I've always been in favour of waiting until AF is late but I don't like the disappointment of BFNs, and I know I'm v much in the minority on this one!

Hello ladies, hope you have all had a lovely weekend smile

DIY - I suffer with migraines too - I normally take sumatriptan but trying to avoid it while ttc - they are so painful though hmm

I am trying so hard to be more positive - I have ordered some more OPK from amazon and am back to work on Tuesday so some normality should back in our house - thing is I just feel really sad today - I know my miscarriage was only last Friday so it is probably still raw but I just want the sadness to lift - I feel cross that we are back to square one (I know how pathetic that sounds as we are all in the same boat).

Sorry for the rant - I will get a good nights sleep today and will be perky and positive tomorrow x

shellshock7 Sun 24-Feb-13 21:53:00

Forgot one bit, wanted to ask a question to anyone who gets ovulation pain...can it be anything like round ligament pain in pregnancy? I've had some strange pains today, thanks smile

DIYandEatCake Sun 24-Feb-13 21:56:33

Mummyark, go easy on yourself, it's still really early days. I'm with you with 'back to square one' - takes us ages to conceive (18m and 6m but the 6m one failed) and it feels like a long road ahead! You don't have to be perky and positive, it takes a while to come to terms with and you may have 'wobbles' for quite a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now