Am I just late or pg?

(5 Posts)
ELA88 Thu 07-Feb-13 14:45:51

I was thinking this too, I had some brown spotting that I thought of AF last week for a few days and cramps on Sunday night but now it's completely stopped? Was that my period do you reckon?! I stopped taking my pill at the beginning of January when I finished the pack and had my withdrawal bleed but not had a proper period since so don't even know if or when ill ovulate :-( xxx

ILoveMyCats Wed 06-Feb-13 16:38:56

Thanks, Attila. I've made an appointment for next week. Hoping that af comes by then so that I can tell what cd I'm on for tests, but they should be able to advise.

The pill also leaves your system very quickly after taking the last tablet.

Would go to GP now and not keep retesting; seeing repeated negatives can be disheartening. Pill can mask symptoms of any underlying hormonal imbalances.

A "normal" cycle is a cycle of between 21 and 35 days or with less than 4 days of variation from month to month.

Hormonal imbalances are usually behind such problems; the GP should be able to do blood tests to see if there are problems with the thyroid gland or if you have a condition called polycystic ovaries. Both can be treated but you need a diagnosis first and foremost.

As your cycle is irregular they can also do blood tests according to calendar days ie the 2nd and 21st of the month. A day 2 test should be done in any event to check and compare your LH level against that of your FSH level; these could be out of sync with each other.

Do not be fobbed off, you're having irregular periods for a reason.

ILoveMyCats Tue 05-Feb-13 23:54:33

Hi!
Going slightly mad, despite nonchalant exterior..... This is my third cycle since coming off the pill. Previous 2 were 43 days. Now on cd50 with no sign of af and 5 bfns. I've had a few cramps, mild nausea a lot of dizziness & frequent urination. Also lower back ache & fair amount of cm.
Should I go to GP or just keep waiting? Any thoughts welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now