No EWCM - could I still get a BFP?

(15 Posts)
mrsLAQ Sun 03-Feb-13 21:15:57

Just wondered if anyone had any advice about EWCM, or rather a lack of! I had this around cd15 of my last cycle (30 days) but am now cd19 and nothing. No sore boobs, no cramps and no EWCM that I had around ovulation time last month confused

Has anyone else experienced this but still managed to get pregnant?

I don't use OPKs but we dtd on days 9,11,13 and 16 this cycle so crossing everything that something may have happened! I hate the 2ww countdown.

Not sure when I could start expecting to get some early pregnancy signs?

Any wise words welcome smile

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 03-Feb-13 22:07:23

It is possible that, for one reason or another, you have not ovulated yet this cycle. If you usually get signs around ovulation then I would be looking for those rather than assuming you ovulate in the same day every cycle.

As for early pregnancy signs, it's too hard to tell! Most "signs" that people refer to are also signs that AF is on her way - sore boobs, etc.

If I were you, I'd keep on having sex every 2-3 days until you are sure you have ovulated.

mrsLAQ Sun 03-Feb-13 22:10:45

Thanks frankly ,poor old dh, i never thought I'd see the day but i actually think i might be over working him!

chocolateteabag Sun 03-Feb-13 22:12:02

Could you have been dehydrated? Stressed out at all?
Dehydration could explain low or no cm, stress or illness can delay ov a few days.

I found I had to "know" if I've ov'd so I use a CB fertility monitor, but lots of people swear by temping on here too.

So you could have ov'd same time or later this cycle, I would suggest not POAS-ing until at least cd30 in case you have just ov'd later. And keep DTD just to be sure!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 03-Feb-13 22:15:14

I'd add that OPKs, be they cheap Internet sticks or the CB ones, cannot tell you that you have ovulated, they can only read the hormone surge that you get before ovulation. Some women experience several hormone surges in a cycle before they actually ov.

Only 2 things can absolutely confirm ov - a temperature rise identified from your daily charts, or a blood test to measure your progesterone levels.

BookWormery Sun 03-Feb-13 22:17:03

Is it possible not to get EWCM? I never seem to see any. Should I be worried?

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 03-Feb-13 22:20:57

Everyone is different BookWormery. Personally I get very little EWCM usually, but I've learnt to be able to tell the difference in my CM throughout my cycle.

mrsLAQ Sun 03-Feb-13 22:59:28

That's really useful chocolate . Not sure about dehydration,i didn't realise that affected cm. Definitely stressed though,although feeling less so today so maybe ovulation will follow,fingers crossed.

Thank god for MN,there is so much i didn't know about ttc!

babyrose Mon 04-Feb-13 07:59:31

Hi, I posted roughly the same thing recently.

I was getting ovulation pain but no ewcm some replies were that the woman still got pg with the signs I had.

I would just keep a look out over the next few days just incase!

mrsLAQ Mon 04-Feb-13 21:54:53

Thanks babyrose , are you ttc too?

babyrose Tue 05-Feb-13 07:30:35

This our 2 month, how long have u been ttc? Im not feeling very hopeful this month, I've had a cold round the time of ovulation so I probably haven't!

setayharas Tue 05-Feb-13 07:45:36

Sorry to butt in but thought I'd add Iv always drunk very little water, I heard dehydration affects cm so have been trying to drink 2 litres a day if water I'm weeing like a race horse but the last cycle I defiantly had way more cm all through my cycle just hoping it helps me now!

babyrose Tue 05-Feb-13 09:10:51

Thanks setayharas, ive heard that too going to make a start! Im always running around and then I realise I've hardly touched any water/juice all day!

mrsLAQ Tue 05-Feb-13 09:22:11

We're cycle 2 too babyrose , ttc #1. Not feeling very hopeful either because the lack of signs that I've actually ovulated and because I feel no different at all. Here's hoping that I'm wrong and just rubbish and knowing my own body!!

Thanks for the water tip setay , I'm also one of those that goes all day without having a drink. Tut tut I know!

babyrose Tue 05-Feb-13 20:54:38

Lets keep our fingers crossed for us Mrslaq!

Ive had very light cramps the last 2 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now