Out with the OPKs, ban the body temping; here's Just Shagging thread 14!

(1000 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:04:55

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband

The link to Part 13 is here

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers

crazycatlady82 Mon 11-Feb-13 18:34:44

Oh no! So thick! What's CP?

xx

MrsBri Mon 11-Feb-13 18:41:35

Conceive Plus!

AndieDisestablishment Mon 11-Feb-13 18:42:19

adds Conceive Plus to shopping list

I'd rather have ERTD than BFN too, can't bare waiting for a line that never appears.
Who's peeing this week? I've no idea where I am in terms of ov, think it was Saturday given the one sided cramping but I've stopped thinking about it so much. I'm due ERTD on 24th.

Bearface Mon 11-Feb-13 19:26:31

OOO I think I definitely deserve the drama crown Frog! I have not let you down!

So, after all that I thought I'd maybe better POAS because I thought there's no point in filling out a job application form if I'm upduffed, so thought I'd better go out and get one. The only ones they had were FRER at my local chemist so got 2. Well, I got a BFN sad but I was checking back through my dates and I might only be 8dpo as I think I ov'd somewhere between 1st and 3rd. Pretty sure it was the 3rd as contraband said so So I'm thinking is it all a bit early for me to be testing? Or am I out of the game? ERTD is due on 14th/15th ish. What do you guys think? Still filling in the application form and am now just confused!

<hurries off to sneak some conceive plus into the shopping basket>

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 11-Feb-13 19:41:14

8dpo is early Bearface, I'd test again tomorrow....if you're upduffed you'd get a smidge of a line (hopefully). Stroke the unicorn a bit, it may calm your inner dramacrown wearing ways!

Andie, if they could invent a stick which said 'Not pg, but your ertd will come along shortly' that would be amazing

Re. Conceive plus...I know I'm the exception because it took 9 funking months to get my first bfp, but I wasn't using conceive plus on either cycle 9 or 10 (both my bfp cycles), just good ol fashion spit blush

frogchops Mon 11-Feb-13 19:48:27

Bear! Don't start your posts with capital letters , I nearly collapsed. I swear my heart is racing!
Massive well done on excellent use of the crown!!
No you are definitely not out, I have every faith and everything crossed!! Just because frers can detect 6 days early doesn't mean it will!! Now you've had a poas moment, don't use your other one for 2/3 days. Did u say uve ordered ic's?? Maybe wait til they arrive if they are predicted soon??

MotherOfCleo Mon 11-Feb-13 19:54:39

I used CP every single time last month rock bri and I didnt get my bfp sad actually the times I didnt use CP I was pretty dry sorry tmi! so dont think I was very fertile last month. I'm only using it for quickies an perhaps a valentines marathon this month wink

Bearface Mon 11-Feb-13 20:02:34

grin Frog - so all I need to do to produce drama for you is use CAPS?!!! Arf! won't be using that technique at all in the future <evil grin>

Yes, ICs not due to arrive until at least the 14th. Thanks for the reassurance Gary and Frog - am stroking the fur off poor lil' Uni the Unicorn! (Do you remember Uni from 'Dungeons and Dragons'?) It does feel a bit early because in theory I may have only just had implantation because I read it takes place about 7-10 dpo. I am getting some twinges today, but then again coud be ERTD. Gah! <shuffles off to the SS cave clutching Uni>

<pops head back in> I've always avoided spit because of the presumed 'killing of the swimmers', but I don't think it's true otherwise there woud be a few less BFPs on this fred! blush

MelodyHarmony Mon 11-Feb-13 20:10:10

Too early Bear, too early. Don't do this to yourself. BFNs are too painful.
If it were me, I'd fill out the application and worry about the fall out later.

I cannot see DH stretching to £18 to encourage the conception of a fourth baby that he would love to bits but isn't sure we'd cope with and worries we can't afford! I'll have to be like Gary and stick with good ol spit! I'm lucky with bucket loads of EWCM though I could sell it to make money to feed fourth child

frogchops Mon 11-Feb-13 20:26:49

Bear, save yourself and don't test til ic's arrive on the 14th. I remember uni, Who'da thought he'd be such a significant part of our lives! Stroke him stroke him.

Bearface Mon 11-Feb-13 20:39:30

Oh, I'm not going to test again for a while now. Luckily(!) I'm working until Thurs this week so will be very busy and won't be abe to think about it, so will only test again if ERTD hasn't appeared later in week. I only really honestly hand-on-my-heart tested because of the app form - I wouldn't have bothered otherwise, so I don't think it'll be a problem waiting until Thurs or Fri.

Gross Melody - in a funny way - you on the streets in your Victorian shawl selling buckets of EWCM to passers-by and women queuing up!! Bleugh! grin

Bearface Mon 11-Feb-13 20:43:38

Oh yes, and saw my six week old nephew at the weekend, but didn't have a meltdown after, so feeling like I have reached a new place on the TTC mountain at the moment! Proud of self.

babyiwantabump Mon 11-Feb-13 20:50:16

I am having a meh day.
A meh im fed up of this TTC lark . It's never going to happen . Why was it do easy with dd and now nothing . Meh it's been 8 long months .

I haven't tested again . I think seeing a bfn might tip me over the edge!!

Thursday will be my next day to test if ERTD hasn't showed up before then .

< also adds CP to shopping basket>

Bearface Mon 11-Feb-13 20:58:43

Don't give up Baby - everyone has up and down days when TTC, no one more so than me! Sometimes you just have to ride out the meh and think about something else for a bit (that's what I do) and then come back to it with renewed enthusiasm. I've been going at this for such a looooooong time that it's boring even for me. I first came off the pill in August 2011, so you can imagine how I feel on some days (but there's been lots of to-ing and fro-ing and breaks here and there until we started TTC in earnest in July 2012). I'm not trying to dismiss your feelings- just saying, I know how you feel and how frustrating it is. Hang in there baby. <squeezes hand and passes over Uni for a cuddle and a stroke>

Hi all, sorry to see there's been no more bfp's this weekend, although I'll give you all to the end of the week (as that's when I probably should have waited till!) Got a nice strong line this morning so feels more real, told DH, but we haven't mentioned it all day perhaps I should check he heard me and wasn't still asleep!

Baby I was really really fed up last month, wanted to be upduffed more than anything had symptoms and ended up with nothing but loads of bfn's, tried to relax this month and just dtd as much as possible, and enjoy it.

CoraBear Mon 11-Feb-13 21:43:30

Ooooh a cape - fancy.

I had a positive pregnancy test the day I got ERTD last month. I went from shock to anger in the space of two and a half hours. I did a google search and apparently it's to do with hormones, I wish they warned you about it on the instructions. Not going to be pregnant this month, I've missed the window.

Melody I'd quite like to see a Dragons Den demo where you try to sell your EWCM grin

babyiwantabump Tue 12-Feb-13 06:18:58

Well now I know why I was so meh yesterday - ERTD has got me this morning .

Oh well .

AQuarkTooFar Tue 12-Feb-13 14:00:19

I don't want to write this because as soon as do the witch will probably turn up but.............I am two days late. Tested with a FRER on Sunday pm and then again on Monday with FMU and BFNs!
Does a Frer ever not work do you think? Or am I clutching at straws?

Hi Cora, welcome. Yay for your BFP threeblondies!

Everyone else hang in there! I think if ERTD doesn't show I will try anothr test on Thurs.

frogchops Tue 12-Feb-13 14:13:05

Quark did u test last night? Sometimes people don't get on with frers and get better results with others. If you're due a bfp the hormones will be shooting up day by day so maye just wait til tomorrow am an try again?

AQuarkTooFar Tue 12-Feb-13 14:59:28

Hey frog how you doing? The last time I tested was yesterday morning. I am not the most regular so think I will wait till thurs as I feel bad already wasting two tests!

frogchops Tue 12-Feb-13 19:15:36

Quark, I'll be back!! ;)

And I'm fine thanks, just waiting for someone to tell me I've outstayed my welcome on this thread!

CoraBear Tue 12-Feb-13 20:30:54

what's frers?

AQuarkTooFar Tue 12-Feb-13 20:38:10

A first response early response prego test cora.

fish88 Tue 12-Feb-13 20:39:50

Just to add my thoughts a bit late in the game I think I would prefer to get a BFN than ERTD. Last month I didn't test but was still half convinced I was upduffed beacuse ERTD was different and lighert than usual. I think seeing a BFN would have confirmed it for me. This month I am going to POAS 1 day before ERTD is due (18th Feb). Currently 7DPO, got a very busy week so the TWW isn't as painful as last time. Hopefully some of you ladies who are further in your cycle than me will get some BFPs in the next couple of days to keep me going through the weekend grin

AndieDisestablishment Tue 12-Feb-13 20:45:03

Baby Sorry to hear about the witch. Hope she doesn't stay long.

Quark It is entirely possible to get false negatives and different women process the hormones at different rates, done women don't show BFPs until a few weeks in when the hormones are blindingly apparent. Here's hoping.

Cora FRER = First Response Early Result (hope that's right), basically a test that picks up hormones early.

I'm having a weird week. Nipples are killing me, I'm bloated and yesterday my boobs had a weird achey/tingly feeling like when my milk came in before (hopefully those with DCs know the feeling I mean?!) anyway, ERTD not due til 24th so it's too early for any if this nonsense. I'll carry on ignoring it and get back to my book....

This thread is not accepting new messages.