Out with the OPKs, ban the body temping; here's Just Shagging thread 14!

(1000 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:04:55

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband

The link to Part 13 is here

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers

Bearface Fri 12-Apr-13 09:51:23

Hi All,

I'm back from smelly work trip away. Feeling a lot better about friend's pregnancy now. It is very difficult when friends are on their second pregnancy and I'm still lagging behind trying to get my first BFP, but there we go. That's life, I guess.

Hi Lil - good to meet you! You'll like it here.

Well done on the weight loss Quark!

Well I POAS yesterday with an IC and got a BFN. Still no sign of ERTD for me despite it being CD30. My cycle is normally 28-30 days long. hmm

At least it's Friday eveyone! [party emoticon] And thank goodness too!

essie81 Fri 12-Apr-13 11:55:20

Hi bear glad you are feeling a bit better. It is very hard, of my close group of friends I'm the only one not to have gotten upduffed, most of them now have 2 dc, some are onto no 3 shock, til coming on here I felt like I was the only person in the universe lagging behind too.
<<<<<hug for you>>>>>

Good luck with poas/ertd, got everything x'd for you.

Yay for the weekend!

AQuarkTooFar Fri 12-Apr-13 12:20:21

Bear that sounds like some exciting POAS action brewing! Fingers and toes crossed!

Essie defo YAY for the weekend. It will be very quiet in the Quark household as Mr Quark is working very long days Sat & Sun but it means I get peace and quiet and might get those jobs I have been putting off done!

What is everyone else up to?

coffeewineandchocolate Fri 12-Apr-13 12:29:52

I'm off out on a girls night it on sat. Staying with my friend who lives in another town and heading into Manchester. It will be very drunken! Hopefully it will be my last proper night out as a bfn lady!

essie81 Fri 12-Apr-13 12:39:01

I'll be flinging stuff into boxes and going to the dentist (I know, on a Saturday what was I thinking when I booked that?). Rock n roll.

Have fun everyone.

MrsAVB Fri 12-Apr-13 12:51:09

I'm visiting my parents; my mum has just come out of hospital, which is a whole other story which makes me <sob> when thinking about having a baby- i want my mum! plus grandmas are supposed to be able to be useful with kids, damnit, so I'll be being chief nurse/ skivvy/ chef/ cleaner/ entertainment.
Sigh...
Have fun everyone, bear and anyone else peeing and shagging, FX
X

Bearface Fri 12-Apr-13 15:03:55

I'm currently sitting on the sofa doing nowt and it's lovely. Might even go and have a snoozette! Think I might be getting a cold as I keep sneezing. Plus I found a dead frog in the road and nearly trod on it today! Eek!

Everyone sounds like they're having exciting weekends! I'm spending mine with DH and we doing normal weekend things together. If ERTD arrives we might even go to the pub. grin I love a quiet weekend with DH though - I'm such a homebody.

Sorry that your mum's not well MrsAVB - hope she is on the mend soon.

Thanks Essie and others for the kindness, hugs and words of wisdom. It's hard but I'll get over it. smile

On a different note, I was listening to Jeremy Whine Vine on Radio 2 today and there was a discussion about IVF and one woman had the gall to ring up and say people who go for IVF are selfish because there are so many other children out there needing a home and they should adopt. angry All I could think was I bet she's got her own brood of kids and not had any trouble conceiving. Also, why can't people understand that adoption is fantastic for those who want to do it and extremely worthwhile, but I want to have the baby of the man I love. I want our baby that's part of both us and is an expression of our relationship and our committment to each other. IVF is just a means to accessing that and if I have to go through it I will, but how dare someone accuse me or anyone else of being selfish just for wanting our own children. Grrrrrrr. angry

<abseils off very high soapbox and comes back down to ground level>

Anyway, I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Happy Friday everyone! Still no ERTD here - doing regular pant checks though. Lovely.

MrsAVB Fri 12-Apr-13 16:14:21

Ohh bear you stay up on that soap box! And have some <<<<hugs>>>> and cookies! Have you had any news on more appointments etc? I don't think anyone should make any generalisations about IVF, its such a personal thing. Have i just made a generalisation about making generalisations? People that call up radio stations are generally very annoying too. And I bet she was really ugly and not getting any boffing.
Have a lovely weekend with DH- those are just the kinds of weekends I love too, especially when you don't have anything you have to do.
Hope you are ok, feel free to rant!
Xxx

Bearface Fri 12-Apr-13 18:02:01

Oh no - I had to get down. It was a bit high and was worried that I might fall off! grin Generalise away about generalisations Mrs Avb - afterall, they need a taste of their own medicine!

Well, I've PIAWLP (Peed in a washing liquid pot) today with an IC and still got a BFN. Yet still no ERTD. <Drums fingers impatiently> Think I'm too late to go and get an FRER from the chemist now - yes, I am. Looks like I'm going to be drumming my fingers a while longer . . . and I'd really like some wine

MrsAVB Fri 12-Apr-13 18:16:05

Do it bear - the wine I mean... smile

cookielove Fri 12-Apr-13 18:29:38

Hello lillady waves manically grin

mrsavb hope your not meeting is over now or soon. Thank god I don't have to do them in my chosen profession just clean up sick and shit

essie ahhh your poor dh

My dh is better (yay)

Bearface Fri 12-Apr-13 19:07:32

MrsAVB- no news on appointments - I'm not sure it's actually going anywhere with the docs. Does anyone know how long referral letters take to come through? Or is that a piece-of-string-type question? It would be good to hear something. Feel in a bit of limbo really.

essie81 Fri 12-Apr-13 20:15:29

bear slightly different dept, but I had a severely abnormal smear a couple of years ago and had to have several treatments to sort it out. Got shoved all over the system and found the whole referral and appointment system a mess. I found phoning up and chasing and generally reminding everyone I needed sorting out worked best and got me seen. Don't know if some trusts are better than others but ours is crap in terms of admin though the care I received was first class, it was just getting there. Tbh if you are waiting for a referral letter more than 2 weeks I'd phone and chase xx

Hello all! Happy weekend! That's all really - hope everyone's well and happy. x

AQuarkTooFar Fri 12-Apr-13 21:53:02

Every one is busy busy! Symptom spotting here: sore head, windy, funny taste in month and funny pains across tummy!

Argh slap me now or give me a big hooya!

Redshoes56 Fri 12-Apr-13 22:06:44

So much going on, ladies! I am laughing at the "wet patch" conversation. Glad we aren't the only ones who deal with that. DH is a clean freak and whips the sheets of the bed if so much as one drop of something hits them. JSing has become quite the ordeal. I may have to buy some don't yet have a baby wipes.

We got some quality activity in just before ovulation this month, but missed the key days just due to being busy and exhausted. We are total slackers in this baby-making business lately. Visited our friends' last night and seeing DH coo at their newborn made my uterus all achy. Once this class is over, no more slacking. No spreadsheets, though. Shudder.

cookie I have heard good things about IKEA mattresses! That sounds like the perfect compromise - a little bit of everything, foam, springs, the works. Humpty I love bed too. There's no better place on earth. We'll have to go to a few showrooms and do some napping (and Swedish meatball eating at IKEA).

MrsAVB I think it's been years since we've done it in the morning. Who has energy for that? That should be an automatic BFP in my mind. That's some commitment.

Excited for the Muse concert tomorrow night. And popping some quarters into the slot machines. Wish me luck!

Welcome, lil!

Redshoes56 Fri 12-Apr-13 23:33:48

Missed your post earlier quark. Slap! A gentle one though.

MrsAVB Sat 13-Apr-13 08:48:53

OMG... Did anyone see the Bublé singing to the pregnant ladies on Graham Norton last night? I think my ovaries cried a little! Also, there was no wet patch last night, whoop whoop! A combo clench, roll, tissue, followed by foofoo in the air move! yes!
cookie - yes fortunately I was home by 6 and drinking by 6.10...sssh!. I've had a cleaning up sick and shit job before too, so I feel your pain.
bear I have no idea re IVF appointments but, essie's advice re. chasing up seems sound. Is the referral in the same clinic/ hospital or to somewhere else? If its somewhere else I'd chase both places. But only when you're ready though - I know sometimes I can be frustrated about other people not doing stuff quickly when at the bottom of it I needed some time to think about it too... If that makes sense?
quark when are you peeing? Does anyone know if folic acid makes you err... windy? just out of interest, natch, not that I am at all windy... <<PARP>>
red, how were muse? DH has seen them and said they're amazing live. hope you were lucky on the slots too.
Happy Saturday all xxx

Bearface Sat 13-Apr-13 11:22:31

Thanks Essie and MrsAVB- yes, I'm sure you're both right. I broached the subject with DH last night and he said he'll chase the doctors this week. We already think their admin is pretty crap so this would be just another notch on the belt.

I saw the Boob singing on Graham Norton last night - sigh. Yes, think my uterus started to sing as well. His wife is so amazingly gorgeous! Some people are so lucky! Stunning and married to the Boob, who is also very funny, I think. blushes at schoolgirl crush emerging

We've got an IKEA bed and it's lovely - would highly recommend it! Can't remember which one but it's quite firm and will withstand a lot! blush

Still no ERTD here and I'm now on CD31. <Have made holes in the table from drumming my fingers> Will let you know if anything happens.

Hope you enjoyed Muse Red.

A small hooya to you Quark. Any more and you might be sent to the symptom spotting cave!

Hi Humpty - hope you have a good weekend too!

Off to the gym now to work off the millions of extra calories I have consumed this week. I could be there some time!

lil1ady Sat 13-Apr-13 17:27:32

Hi all. Thanks for the welcomes. <waves back at everyone>

Wow this thread moves fast! I will try my best to keep up with everyone but please forgive me if I don't manage! I need to work out how to do the bold and strikethroughs too so lets give it a go...

I have had to drive 40 minutes to the next town with DH today for him to buy a new laptop. He couldn't possibly wait for it to be delivered to the store here on Monday! at least it gives me some leverage when I next need it

Out tonight with a friend which will be nice and I'm off work m/t/w as its my bday on tues smile

I know what you mean about other people being pregnant bear, I was shopping this morning and everywhere I looked it was a pushchair, a pregnant woman, or Mothercare! I know I haven't been trying long in the grand scheme of things but I find the inconsistencies of my body very frustrating!

Thumbs up for the weight loss Quark. I did really well at getting back to healthy eating after Crimbo and lost a few pound but didn't quite get down to where I wanted to. Fell off the wagon about three weeks ago and have been too lazy not managed to get back on! Don't know whats wrong with me really, but it doesn't help when I have a bad day at work and dh comes home with exactly what I need - Chocolate and wine! oh how I will miss wine if when i get my bfp!

MrsAVB - Can't believe I missed Bublé ...I love him! Off to find it on catch up!!

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend.

essie81 Sat 13-Apr-13 18:32:41

Hi everyone. Just having a quick break from cardboard box/bubble wrap hell to say hi. Hope everyone having a good weekend. Packing going well. Jsing not so. I don't reckon I've ovved this cycle? Just not felt it and cm not changed. Perhaps it's going to be a late one? Bit weird. Sort of feel like my hormones have taken a vacation in the last couple of weeks? Cd19 so guess I'll just wait and see what occurs!

Ooooh a steam train just went by! (I do live by the railway so that's nt as random as it sounds!)

Bon weekend xxx

lil1ady Sat 13-Apr-13 18:42:55

Hey essie I ov'd at CD31 this rediculously long cycle so all is not lost! The stress of the house move could have delayed it.

I would think of it as your body being kind so you can get the house move out the way then get back to jsing without having missed an opportunity!

cookielove Sat 13-Apr-13 20:57:19

MrsAVB I have to wait till dh gets home to watch buble on gn as its something we watch together (grrrr)

Starting to think about maybe working out when I am ovulating I'm moving over to the dark side wink

Bearface Sun 14-Apr-13 10:58:00

Glad the packing is going well Essie. When will you be moving then?Sounds exciting with steam trains going by there! Makes me think of The Railway Children!

Cookie and Lil - did you get to watch the Boob yet?

Well, I am very confused. CD32 and had some spotting yesterday but still no ERTD. hmm

essie81 Sun 14-Apr-13 19:20:57

Hi everyone.

Thanks lil, I think you might be on the mark with stress. I don't feel stressed especially, maybe cos moving is a positive thing, but I've got so much to do and have not stopped racing about so I guess that is enough to make my body do weird things!

Gutted I missed the Boob! Will have to try and catch it online sometime.

Packing going well I think? Everything seems chaotic! We move next Saturday. grin

How annoying bear? Silly cycle. Hate the being in limbo bit! Still keeping everything crossed for you.

Anyone been watching the village? Found it a bit harrowing last week but going to give it another shot tonight.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.