Out with the OPKs, ban the body temping; here's Just Shagging thread 14!

(1000 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:04:55

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband

The link to Part 13 is here

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers

cookielove Sat 23-Mar-13 19:40:18

Hello hello hello. I've decided just to take the folic when I remember have some sitting on the sofa and another bottle in the car. At least that way I'm taking it and not worrying whether I am eating or not smile

Red sad I am finding it hard to, each month when ertd comes. Mmmmm got any cake to make yourself feel better.

My mum had fertility issues before she had my sister, I have that playing in the back of my mind that I may to.

My friend went on maternity leave on fri, I really wanted to be pregnant before she get had the baby blush silly really

Bearface Sat 23-Mar-13 21:35:27

Hello!

Cookie, I read on a different thread on here that you can't overdose on folic acid, which might be of help to know. Apparently your body flushes out the excess. Glad you're onto it.

I guess I've kind of gone the other way now and I'm not expecting a BFP. I always expect ERTD so I'm not so disappointed when it appears. I'm not recommending it as a coping strategy though.

Two people I know had babies this week so I'm feeling it too Cookie. I really thought I'd have at least one if not two children by now. That was the plan anyway. I guess it just wasn't to be. There's still time though.

cookielove Sat 23-Mar-13 21:50:51

bear that sounds like a good coping strategy smile and if it works for you thats great. Endless disappointment can be so tiring.

Good to know I can't overdose grin I think you can overdose on maccy d's though blush

I take the Pregnacare vits when I remember - although I do find they make me very, erm... windy. Charming. I talked to a doctor friend once who said you can't overdose on any vit (when not preggers) as you flush it out, but you have to beware of Vit A when pregs (you'd need to take a lot to have too much though).

Not much happening this weekend for me, in 2WW, no symptoms at all though, and only DTD four times over the ov week, so v unlikely to be my month. Bloody work getting in the way of me wearing the shag cape.

notsoold Mon 25-Mar-13 07:39:44

Bear....I had the same strategy and for me was the only way to cope with ertd arriving. Fx for you xxxxx

Pregnacare does not agree with me so I go for other brands..

Remember the shagging as much as possible??? According to the scan last Friday ( then 9 weeks) I ovulated later then my apps told me ( more then a week later. I rememver using preseed because of ahem being a bit dry down at the station(tmi sorry) but not to help conceiving.... I am trying to say...don't give up , shag away ladies!!!!

Back to lurking smile

Redshoes56 Tue 26-Mar-13 03:09:47

"Down at the station" ha ha! We love when you pop by, notso.

Boobs are killing me; if I weren't spotting I'd swear I was pregnant. Third day of it...ERTD around the corner...ugh.

Only thing I've been overdosing on over here is jelly beans.

notsoold Tue 26-Mar-13 10:34:16

Oooooo jelly beans!!!!!
Love them!!!!

cookielove Tue 26-Mar-13 20:36:59

Hello all, well news is that ERTD came and it was on day 23, so the whole 40 day cycle seems to have disappeared sad confused not really sure what to do now.

frogchops Wed 27-Mar-13 07:55:39

Hello. De lurking to say I'm glad 'frolic' acid lives on way beyond my graduation!! grin
And, I wouldn't worry about other stuff....my mw said stuff the pregnacare its just expensive branding that you're paying for, as long as you're on folic acid up to 12 wks you're fine. I've only ever took it on its own (my dr prescribed it in high dose when I saw him at 6wks) that's still all I take now and I'm 15wks on Friday! Back to lurking.... Gives the unicorn a little pat....

Bearface Wed 27-Mar-13 10:28:39

Good to hear you're getting on well Notso and Frog. Always lovely to hear from the grads. Great one-liner Notso - haw haw!

Sorry about ERTD and the ensuing confusion about cycles Cookie. Were you on the pill before? And if so, when did you stop taking it? It can take a while for cycles to settle down after coming off it. I don't know, but maybe you ought to go and see your GP about the irregular cycles? Maybe others on here will have more experience and/or better advice.

We're on ov week this week, so obvs got my cape on. We're trying to dtd EOD though so that Mr Bear's swimmers have time to recuperate in between gos. Rather annoyingly we set the alarm to wake up early this am to dtd, but it didn't go off!!! So now I'm worried we'll miss ov because DH has a prior appointment this pm so won't be able to dtd until about 10pm. Hmph.

I made the mistake of going on evil FB again today and even more stupidly started thinking of how many people I know have had babies or got pregnant since we started trying and it's about 20. envy I'm back at square one again thinking why can't it be me? At the risk of sounding like a three-year-old, it's so unbloodyfair. I don't know why I do this to myself. At the same time, I know I'll be fine again later. It's such an emotional rollercoaster TTC. Grumble, grumble.

Hope everyone is well. x

Redshoes56 Wed 27-Mar-13 15:17:33

Bear it IS unbloodyfair, so shout away - this is where you can. FB has the tendency to get people worked up, whatever the topic! You know, I also get worked up thinking about all those irresponsible women out there who don't want to deal with the their children, when there are amazing, caring women who have so much to offer and simply can't get pregnant. ARG. Not fair.

Alright, calming down. ERTD has made me a bit of a crazy women this month. As soon as that's over and done with, we're back on the shag train. Another cycle, hopefully as school winds down, so too will the stress, and perhaps that will help the cause!

Redshoes56 Wed 27-Mar-13 15:35:58

Gosh, hope that didn't across as me saying your friends are irresponsible! Totally separate, random, rambling thought.... <slinks away sheepishly>

Bearface Wed 27-Mar-13 15:40:03

Not at all Red - it's good to know I'm not alone in my feelings of angst!

cookielove Wed 27-Mar-13 20:43:41

Yes Bear it is so bloody unfair i wish i could shout it from the roof tops!!

I was on the depo for just under 2 years but i came off it Nov 2010 (accidently), i eventually bled in April 2011, then came back more regularly by September 2011 i didn't chart it but i felt like it was coming more regularly/monthly after that i really only started checking in September 2012, after my wedding grin

I spoke, well facebooked my sister last night (she lives in Canada) about it she is pregnant at the moment and has a 1year old smile and she said that she has unusual cycle lengths anything between 24 -65 (wow) and has a short lp, some of what she was saying rang true with me so i feel a bit less worried and confused. I heart my sister smile although its times like this when i wish she was here.

coffeewineandchocolate Thu 28-Mar-13 09:36:48

Morning ladies grin. Can i join in too please? I've been lurking on another thread but its so hard to follow with the measurements and lucti something! I justwant have lots of sex and get up the duff!

Please can i join? Pretty please? grin

essie81 Thu 28-Mar-13 11:39:58

Please may I join in too? grin

Also a newbie and baffled by all the jargon on other threads and feeling a bit overwhelmed. Ertd here at the moment, but it was noticeably late this time for first time since coming off the pill in Dec (after 17 years on the pill - oops, how did 17 years go by without me noticing?!), which freaked the hell out of me and gave me kick up the arse required to make some effort ttc otherwise another 17 years will pass!

Doing well so far, this week, I've taken folic acid every day, I've had fruit for breakfast every day and no wine but am going out for ONE cocktail tonight pre cinema as a reward!

Happy Easter everyone!

cookielove Thu 28-Mar-13 16:06:56

OOOh hello 2 newbies at once yay grin

Essie i've been on this thread for a good few months and still the acronyms baffle me sometimes blush

coffee yes yes to lots of sex and up duffing grin

Welcome all <waves manically>

Redshoes56 Thu 28-Mar-13 17:06:32

Welcome coffee and essie! This is a fun group, no drama or baffling jargon. grin

coffeewineandchocolate Thu 28-Mar-13 17:30:45

Thank you! I guess i should tell you a bit more about me... I already have one 26 month old ds. Last time we didn't ttc we got drunk on holiday and jsed lots during the week of the month we usually avoided so the concept is very new! I have been on the pill and implanon from after ds was born until early Feb but came off due to bad side effects (there afs a month). Once off we decided we may as well ttc grin.

Ideally we wouldn't get bfp until June (better financially) but you never can plan these things/guess how long it will take!

coffeewineandchocolate Thu 28-Mar-13 17:33:42

Ooh i left out the most important bit- currently on ertd as of yesterday so will be aiming for much jsing next weekend :-)

Bearface Thu 28-Mar-13 18:33:14

Hi Essie and Coffee! Welcome. Nice to meet you Coffee. Thanks for coming over to check us out Essie!

Yay for no jargon apart from what we make up and yay for just shagging we're all at it! Here are your shagging capes Coffee and Essie <hands over shiny new ones> Wear them with pride!

Cookie - glad your sister has been able to reassure you. I'm sure that cycles will just take time to sort themselves out then and/or you maybe ust have irregular cycles which isn't a massive problem apart from not necessarily knowing when you are oving; however, if you just shag all the time then it may not actually matter anyway! grin

essie81 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:20:30

Thanks bearface for pointing me in this direction grin ooohh thanks, lovely cape, just my size.

Ertd has left the building today so I should be getting some wear out of it very soon!

essie81 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:25:27

Ps <waves back> at cookie and other lovely welcoming jsers!

notsoold Thu 28-Mar-13 23:07:53

Hi coffee and essie!!!!

Enjoy your capes and js away!!!!

Happy Easter everybody!!!!

I am still lurking here as always felt at home...please do not throw me away yet!!!!

<waves> to new JSers. ERTD due on Sunday for me (how nice, instead of a choc egg), but no symptoms yet. We shall see. Happy Easter everyone!

This thread is not accepting new messages.