Out with the OPKs, ban the body temping; here's Just Shagging thread 14!

(1000 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:04:55

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband

The link to Part 13 is here

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers

Rockchick1984 Wed 13-Mar-13 12:23:42

Quark I keep my vitamins next to the bed - first thing in the morning I check my phone blush and they are next to it so I remember to take them!

Red fingers crossed the cleaning lady is right!

Bear I love having an iPhone and it's very easy to use, DH has a Samsung Galaxy S3 but I'm not keen!

cookielove Wed 13-Mar-13 19:31:48

Ok I offically feel told off will be taking my folic acid from now on grin

bear I have a sansung note 2 which I totally adore however if your a complete novice with smart phones then I don't think it would be the best phone for you. My phone is a large phone, a small tablet.

I gad a sansung s2 before that which was very easy to use and more phone like, before that I had a BlackBerry torch.

What kind of phone are you looking for. ?

Bearface Wed 13-Mar-13 21:13:53

Sorry Cookie - it's only because we care about you and your yet-to-be bean! grin

Quark - why don't you just change the bottle to something else like a standard multi-vitamins and make sure you tell DH, then you can leave them wherever you like and if MIL takes them, then it's her own fault for not buying her own and for being so nosey!

Oh dear Cookie - DH has a Samsung Galaxy (- is that a Smart phone?) and I'm okay with using that. I like the idea of an iphone, but not sure funds will stretch that far. Hoping to get a deal when DH renews his contract soon, so I may not have that much choice.

I know I'm going to sound like an old lady here, so I may as well just put on my cosy toes and dust off the tea cosy too, but I'd like a phone that I can use to get onto the internet and use apps and things. (I'm actually giggling to myself as I write this in the middle of the gym on one of their PCs. grin) I don't think I want a Blackberry from what I've seen of them. I don't want a huge phone either so maybe a Samsung Note 2 is out.

Bearface Wed 13-Mar-13 21:19:21

BTW Quark - don't worry - 3 shags could do it! Some people manage it in one! Sorry you're having a bit of a rough time. I'd avoid the 'friend' and spend the time looking for a new job instead.

And thanks for saying I'm being postive about all the crapness. I don't feel particularly like I am, but you've made me think that I'm handling it better than I think I am. I guess I'm inclined to freak out first and then I go off and do tonnes of research and beg for info from more experienced Mumsnetters so that I can then feel a bit more in control of it all and a bit happier about it. It works for me anyhoo. Just wish I didn't have to do the depressing freak-out bit to start off with.

cookielove Wed 13-Mar-13 21:50:01

Quark my friend got up duffed with one try smile so it's very possible.

Bear nope i don't they a note is the phone for you. Yes you do want a smart phone they are the ones you are describing. If you don't get the latest iphone then it wouldn't be that expensive, as they only really hike up the price of the brand new ones.

Although most smart phones are easy to use. The uphold is probably one of the easiest.

Don't apologise I needed the telling off. I didn't realise how important folic avoid is. blush

cookielove Wed 13-Mar-13 21:52:37

That was meant to be iPhone not Uphold.

New phone blush

AQuarkTooFar Thu 14-Mar-13 10:12:45

Thanks everyone. bear I loves my iPhone 4S. Very easy to use! Well shaggers what are your plans for the weekend? Any poas action coming up soon?

notsoold Thu 14-Mar-13 12:05:47

Marking my place and saying HI to you all!!!!
Bear,Cookie, Quark Red, Humpty, and everyone else....sending love through my laptop!!!smile Do not give up, ladies...upwards and onwards (gosh it sounds like another "getting preggers" position doesn't it???

Sorry I have been missing! I was going to be a birth partner for a friend in beginning of April, but baba did not wait and after lots of stress for Mum and family baby Alex arrived and I was there!!! After all that, baby just wanted to feed and sleep and I got to hold him loads!!smile Second time I am someone birth partner but first time since ttc and I thought...OOMMGG it hurts!!!! But Mum was happy I was there and I am happy to help her and quite honoured to see another brand new person arriving!!! She almost broke my hand though!!smile

I booked a private scan on 22th March (will be 8 weeks then). I hope it will help my nerves...as anxiety seems to follow me. I am hoping that if everything is as it should be, the chances of MC will be low. MW booked for next Wednesday

cookielove Thu 14-Mar-13 18:57:01

Hello notso an early scan that sounds like a good plan smile

Please come back and let us know how it goes. Wow being someone's birth partner
must be so exciting and scary. And all those newborn cuddles <yummy>

Nothing to report from camp cookie grin

Bearface Thu 14-Mar-13 20:23:35

Oh wow Notso - that's an impressive thing to do! I think I'd be a bit scared that it would put me off completely!

Thank you everyone, particularly Cookie for the phone advice. I really need to go and look these things up.

No weekend plans for me apart from meeting a friend for quaffee and spending time with DH. smile

ERTD got me today. No surprise there though. I think I'll fall off my chair if I ever get a BFP! grin

Hello all! Back from sunny Swansea (was away there with work for a couple of days). Weekend plans include meeting two newborns and surreptitiously sniffing their heads and pretending they are mine and shopping.
Bear, nothing to add to phones advice, except I hate my old Android piece of crap, they just aren't as good as iPhones. I'm upgrading soon, so have been reading with interest. Also, I think bear or cookie or red def need to start the new Fred.
Hope everyone's well, cookie take your folic acid lovely, i got told that by the doc who took out my coil, is really important. Also, i think I read somewhere that Evening Primrose Oil is another good one to take. Loads of different advice floats around though!
wine for me i think - shitty bloody day at work, am on the point of resigning/flouncing, but luckily having v useful chats with colleagues and ex-boss, so surviving. xxxx

Redshoes56 Sat 16-Mar-13 05:14:39

Just popping in to say it is prime time and shags they are a-happenin'! grin I am feeling good about this month....

cookielove Sat 16-Mar-13 20:06:36

I am offically taking my folic acid and good news my dh I can shag with him on top. Yay I am soooo happy grin blush little things hey!!

cookielove Sat 16-Mar-13 20:07:08

I am offically taking my folic acid and good news my dh I can shag with him on top. Yay I am soooo happy grin blush little things hey!!

cookielove Sat 16-Mar-13 20:07:31

So happy I posted twice grin

Bearface Sat 16-Mar-13 20:41:47

Go Red and Cookie! Isn't that because your DH did his leg in a while back Cookie? If so, glad he's all recovered now.

cookielove Sat 16-Mar-13 21:22:42

bear he had a operation on his knee sad

AQuarkTooFar Mon 18-Mar-13 12:09:52

Morning shaggers! Hope you all had a lovely weekend shagging. No shagging here, spent all weekend with a sore tummy and feeling sick sad.

ERTD due here at some point between now and Thursday. Anyone else nearing the end of the 2ww? Any POAS action soon?

Its awful quiet out there?

Bearface Mon 18-Mar-13 18:04:08

I agree. It's spookily quiet Quark!

ERTD got me so no POAS action for a while. Yet ANOTHER friend just gave birth in the last couple of days, which is lovely and I'm not a bit envy

Nothing to report here. How's everyone else doing?

cookielove Mon 18-Mar-13 19:27:30

Evening all, is that spelt right it looks wrong. &#10003;

Not much to report here, had a horrible tightness in my tummy yesterday and today sad

Had some sad news about A friends ds who has been referred to GOSH today. sad sad but at least they might get some answers.

Hi cookie sorry to hear your sad news, but fx for your friend's DS. No news here from shag Humpty Towers - off to a conference tomorrow for a couple of days, but I ov'd over weekend, so timing is okay (fx anyway!)

Redshoes56 Tue 19-Mar-13 03:48:55

We have been awfully quiet, ladies - someone needs to start some commotion! Alas, I have no commotion to start. Pretty standard-issue stuff going on here. We made it through the memorial service this weekend (and I actually felt more comforted than sad, which is a good thing). Couple of romps this weekend, too; now we wait. I'm grateful to have a week off from class this week. Next week I start the final course of my MBA program. Graduation is right around the corner. The weather here is just gross, crunchy rain and freezing cold. Where is spring?

Whitetara Tue 19-Mar-13 16:29:10

hi everyone. I need some respite after a couple of months charting and feeling an obsession coming. love this thread as I need to chill out and stop stressing about whether my temp has jumped up. wishing you all loads of baby dust and shagging aplenty.

AQuarkTooFar Tue 19-Mar-13 16:30:38

Aw horrible news Cookie sad.

Glad to hear the Memorial service went well red.

What commotion can we start? Come on now shaggers think?!?

I am on CD33 today. the shorted cycle I have had is 28 and the longest is 34. Dont really feel like ERTD is coming but I think its just sneaking up on me! Roll on Thurs (CD35) when i will allow myself to test!

AQuarkTooFar Tue 19-Mar-13 16:31:38

Oh just about missed you there hiya Whitetara! Happy shagging!

This thread is not accepting new messages.