Out with the OPKs, ban the body temping; here's Just Shagging thread 14!

(1000 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:04:55

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband

The link to Part 13 is here

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers

fish88 Sun 17-Feb-13 19:41:16

I work in a school so regular hours but OH works shift. 2 days a week we don't see each other at all.

I have resisted POAS for a very long time so going to test in the morning (CD30) grin

Zumbasmyfave Sun 17-Feb-13 21:23:58

Good luck fish

I've only done a couple of POASs but Gonna resist the urge for a while.. I don't think it's doing me much good stressing!

LOL about the squirrel and it's nuts :-o Have a feeling I may be looking that up for the bottom draw!

Yeah I know the feeling being so tired after work. DH and I are like passing ships in the night sometimes so gotta grab every moment- phew.. blush

CoraBear Sun 17-Feb-13 22:08:20

I feel your pain about ships that pass in the night, DP is away a lot with work and it makes the baby making difficult when I'm home alone. I've convinced myself I'm having pregnancy symptoms (I'm not pregnant and I'm not wasting my clearblue digital on a wild goose chase). I think we need reusable placebo sticks we can pee on over and over again that say "Better luck next time" or "Step away from the sticks lady". A new MN business venture?

Rockchick1984 Sun 17-Feb-13 22:42:02

Cora like a magic 8 ball???? grin

Evenin' all! Been busy like a bee the last few days. Congrats to all the newly BFP'd ladies, and hoping everyone has had capes on/nuts in cheeks/managed to step away from peeing on anything.

Managed to DTD on 2 days before, ov day and last night (ov +1), so fx for me. Now to lure Mr Humpty into bed for another go. x

CoraBear Sun 17-Feb-13 23:13:21

Exactly! A polite yet non-commital way to appease the peeing on sticks instincts that we have post ovulation. Not as big as a magic 8 ball though - think of the mess grin

Zumbasmyfave Mon 18-Feb-13 06:48:49

cora, rock.. I think it's one for the Dragons den!

Humpty see thread about 1 liners to get ur dp to dtd :-D oh the hilarity

x

AndieDisestablishment Mon 18-Feb-13 08:25:06

Welcome back Red glad to see your cape's back on.
Hi Zumba waves My DP works contracts so is either at home allllll the time or away/working all week. So it's either loads of JSing or complete drought. I've got an interview/assessment tomorrow for a job involving shifts so I'm hoping I get my BFP this month or I'll never get pupped up.l

fish88 Mon 18-Feb-13 10:22:46

BFN this morning sad, although no ERTD or cramping yet so will test again in a few days if no sign. This was my first negative test so feeling a bit glum.

Zumbasmyfave Mon 18-Feb-13 19:25:29

Aaaw sorry fish better luck next time. Keep on truckin' (or something like that!)

Hi Andie! Good luck for the interview! I'm sure you'll be able to get some JSing in in the mean time!

x

cookielove Mon 18-Feb-13 22:14:35

Bfn this morning sad

And now I am ill!!

Aw, fish and cookie bad luck lovelies. Good luck Andie for your interview/assessment!

fish88 Tue 19-Feb-13 13:26:14

Sorry for the wallowing yesterday, forgot to say good luck Andie smile

frogchops Tue 19-Feb-13 13:31:18

Cookie and fish, you're not out yet!! Fx!

AndieDisestablishment Tue 19-Feb-13 15:02:45

Sorry for the BFNs Cookie and Fish any signs of ERTD? Cling to hope it was a duff test.lol

Thanks for the luck ladies, I think it went well, find out tomorrow if I'm through to the next stage.

How is everyone?

cookielove Tue 19-Feb-13 16:03:09

Hello all. Well I am off work which is shocking for me as I am never off, well for sickness anyway smile

I didn't test today, but no ertd. I will hold out to fri to test again if no ertd appears.

Andie how'd it go?

fish88 Tue 19-Feb-13 17:28:25

No sign of ERTD, will test again tomorrow as that will be DPO15. Hormones should be showing up by then if upduffed surely?

Keeping FX for you Andie

Hope you feel better soon Cookie thanks

cookielove Tue 19-Feb-13 18:20:47

fish fingers crossed for you!!

I've mainly been feeling exhausted with a incredibly sore throat but i am feeling much better today, it helps when i don't do much e.g lying on the sofa watching telly.

fish88 Tue 19-Feb-13 18:28:17

Haha, I read that as "fish fingers" crossed at first. Glad you're starting to feel better.

cookielove Tue 19-Feb-13 22:29:09

grin

fish88 Wed 20-Feb-13 08:26:52

Another BFN for me this morning so I am going to declare myself out for the month. Just waiting for ERTD to start so we can get on with the next cycle.

cookielove Wed 20-Feb-13 10:22:39

Fish sad

Zumbasmyfave Wed 20-Feb-13 11:19:35

sorry fish :-(

notsoold Wed 20-Feb-13 12:43:41

Sorry fish!

Cookie hope you are feeling better!

Hi everybodysmile

cookielove Wed 20-Feb-13 13:12:45

I'm stuck at home bored out of mind confused

I think the problem with this kind of illness (not that i know whats wrong with me) is that over all i don't feel sick just getting up and moving makes me feel exhausted, so really i am just sitting on my arse trying to build up my energy, i've been all over the internet watched so many films, and almost completely wiped out my pre recorded stuff on sky.

Also being at home means i am near my ic's, work usually distracts me from testing.

The only good thing is that i have lost 6lb's grin, but now my appetite is back i can't see that lasting sad

My pinterest board is looking nice and full though, and i've thought of lots of things to do when i am better and if i every do get my BFP.

Have i said yet i am bored!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.