TTC after coming off the pill (cilest)

(3 Posts)
Franykins Fri 01-Feb-13 15:12:46

Hi Anything,

Thank you.

Yeah I've read this, been doing a lot of reading lol.

That's what I'm thinking of doing, just wondering if I start counting now form my WD bleed for the first cycle?

I've recently lost 2 stone and am still eating healthily, I don't drink very often anyway but am in the process of giving up the smoking as I am aware how bad this is, nasty habit that I wish I'd never started.

Haha I'm in a hurry but only cos I've always wanted kids, but generally happy to let nature take its course. As far as I know there are no other risk factors but as I'm only just TTC it's too early to tell.

Thank you.

AnythingNotEverything Fri 01-Feb-13 14:55:29

Hi franykins,

Congrats on deciding to start ttc!

I wouldn't worry too much for now. It could take weeks or months to get your cycle in a regular rhythm, or it may never be regular.

My plan would be:

Enjoy having lots of sex.

Keep a note of your cycles - there are some good apps you can use.

Try and spot a pattern.

Do what you can to get healthier - drink less, stop smoking, lose weight ... These may not be relevant to you, obvs!

You don't say whether you're in a hurry to conceive or f you've any other risk factors, but all you can do for the next few moths is give it a go!

Sorry if that's no much help - I suspect your way bet is jut to crack on!

Good luck! Xx

Franykins Fri 01-Feb-13 14:44:43

I only stopped taking my pill (cilest) 3 days ago (after being on it for 16 years with just a couple of 6 month breaks) I have already got my WD bleed and was wondering how long this tends to last and do I start counting my cycle now or when it stops? I stopped mid pack as I couldn't bear to wait the extra week after having the talk with my partner about TTC.

Needless to say I know it can take a long time for my body to get back on track but atm I am so excited about TTC. I'm sure this will change once I hit the problems of trying to get my cycle regular again though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated smile

I am very new to this so please bear with me, I don't understand all the abbreviations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now