fat girls ttc??

(65 Posts)
acsr1987 Thu 31-Jan-13 10:11:36

is there any other fat girlies out there who like me are classes as obease? i.e. a bmi of over 30, just wanted someone to relate to! NO SKINNY MINNIES PLEASE lol

acsr1987 Sun 03-Feb-13 19:17:06

bump

WaynettaSlobsLover Sun 03-Feb-13 19:45:51

I think some of you on this thread are kidding yourselves about the health risks of being obese or overweight. Just because some don't get gestational diabetes and high blood pressure doesn't mean the vast majority won't either. My mil is overweight and was even more so with her first pregnancy. Ended up with gestational diabetes that's turned into type two diabetes because she kept eating badly and doing no exercise. My sil's mum is very obese (diabetic too) and sadly suffered a stillbirth. Both women have gone on to have overweight and unhealthy kids, both with severe health issues. I think it's great if you have the resolve to lose weight and become healthier, but if you don't then at some point there will inevitably be consequences for those choices.

acsr1987 Sun 03-Feb-13 19:57:37

well im really sorry that we cant be as perfect as you are, and we are not "kidding ourselves" we are just not buying into every bit of bullshit or making other people feel bad, it was just ment to be a thread for ladies who on top of the sheer stress of TTC and lose weight is too much.
how great it must be to be you

acsr1987 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:01:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

WaynettaSlobsLover Sun 03-Feb-13 20:11:50

hmm ok OP....can't remember when I said I was perfect on here but I must have judging your aggressive reaction. Do you in all intelligence and common knowledge, think its responsible to TTC whilst being obese? Genuine question.

DolomitesDonkey Sun 03-Feb-13 20:14:50

Waynette You do know of course that GD is a metabolic disease - one of the Syndrome X ones right? And you wouldn't be ignorant enough to assume that being overweight means that you eat yourself in to Syndrome X would you? No, of course not - that would make you ignorant and rude and I'm sure that wasn't your intention!

Because you do know right that Type II diabetes and GD are different to Type I diabetes right? hmm Tell me, what do you eat? Do you follow government guidelines? Food pyramid?

acsr1987 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:19:07

this thread is for support for fat girls who are ttc, so they can have a vent and a moan and a bit of support and not a put down..... are u fat? and yeah i do think its responsible to ttc when u are obese if you are going to love that baby no matter what, can provide for it and physically look after it... then what does it matter. do you think that it is responsible for a lady to ttc over the age of 35? or a teenager? or someone in a wheelchair? or someone with a sensory impairment? or someone on benefits? answer me that.... genuine question

DolomitesDonkey Sun 03-Feb-13 20:23:42

Ironic that the person having a pop has named herself after Waynette Slob, a chain-smoking, cheap beer drinking, fat, uneducated "common" mother. grin

WaynettaSlobsLover Sun 03-Feb-13 20:24:14

I'm telling you exactly what happened to my mother in law. She had GD which then got worse and developed into the diabetes she now lives with permanently. She says its type two...so I not knowing the full ins and outs of diabetes, have not asked further questions. She's pretty sensitive about it as you can imagine. And my mum is a nutritionist so yes Ive generally always eaten well but don't deny myself treats here and there. grin

DolomitesDonkey Sun 03-Feb-13 20:24:33

... who debates calling her first child "Rothmans" but is told no by her long-suffering husband Wayne "naaaaah thassa boy's name".

WaynettaSlobsLover Sun 03-Feb-13 20:25:09

I'm a fan of kathy Burke. So sue me grin

DolomitesDonkey Sun 03-Feb-13 20:26:17

Oh dear, so your aunty has followed your mum's nutritional advice including the diabetes II inducing food pyramid as pushed by the UK government? Oh crumbs, no wonder you don't know your facts and are just idly lashing out.

You're never too old to educate yourself love.

Funny thing about the GD, I've never known a fatty have it.

acsr1987 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:26:36

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

WaynettaSlobsLover Sun 03-Feb-13 20:28:18

And I'm not having a 'pop'. It's interesting when questioned about something serious, the easiest thing is to get all defensive and accuse the other of having a dig or a 'pop'. Do you seriously think its responsible or a good idea to TTC whilst being obese? Answer that.

WaynettaSlobsLover Sun 03-Feb-13 20:31:56

My Aunty? Specs on Dolomite. And amusing how you have assumed I'm skinny or something OP. Ive got fat on me, not a ton, but enough to feel a bit shit about myself. If you look on page 1 of this thread I was advising other posters to at least try to eat healthily if they WERE trying to conceive. Your defensiveness and uncalled for aggression are out of order.

acsr1987 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:33:07

yes i do and ive already said why... now answer me do you think it responsible to ttc when
over 35?
teenager?
sensory impairment?
in a wheelchair?
someone being on benefits?
go on then answer that

gollygosh123 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:40:16

fat ttc = wrong

covert drinker/smoker/drug taker ttc - fine - cant see ur issues

- judgemental oafs as normal

MN044 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:47:56

Nice. Fwiw, I wouldn't wish a high risk pregnancy on anyone. My last dc turned into a risky pregnancy when they thought I had a clot on my lung. The diagnostic process included x rays, being injected with radioactive stuff, and a daily shot in the bum. And it was all a false alarm. I am far far from perfect. But I do think it's worth considering the risks before shooting anyone down who dares to suggest being BMI 30+ and ttc may not be the best plan. I know how hard it is to lose weight, I';ve lsot mroe than 5 stone in the past. I wouldn't want to start pregnancy at a higher weight, the stress on my joints by the end was an absolute killer, pregnancy and the immediate aftermath are far far harder on the body than many modern women expect, we tend to downplay it massively. Getting into the best physical shape you can reasonably be expected to is only going to be to your benefit. But I await your no doubt charming comeback.

WaynettaSlobsLover Sun 03-Feb-13 20:50:28

You didn't answer my question but I'll answer yours: I was a teen mum in a stable marriage so nothing wrong in that depending on circumstances. All the rest of your provocative questions are also based on circumstances too though aren't they? So that's my answer.

acsr1987 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:53:04

i am sorry but this is just a thread for ladies who are fat and what to have a bit of a moan and support... does any of the 40+ ladies get any of this? god us poor fat lasses eh? if its not bad enough we cant shop in river island

acsr1987 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:54:20

i did answer you question, i think its perfectly reasonable to ttc when your fat if u can look after and love a baby no matter what... does a fat lass not deserve to be a mother just because she struggles with her weight

MN044 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:57:23

I'm not entirely sure you're for real tbh. But the 40+ ladies can't do anything about their age.

acsr1987 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:59:20

im not targeting the 40+ ladies, as ive said everyone deserves the right to be a mother, but there is just as much risk to them ttc and not everyone can do something about their weight

DoctorWhoFan Sun 03-Feb-13 21:00:24

I think it's a real shame this thread has turned into a "let's have a go at the overweight ladies" thread, cos I was going to join as it seemed a nice idea.

However, I'm 45 AND overweight AND ttc my first because it took me so long to find a decent man. I also have bipolar disorder and suffer with fybromyalgia. Does this mean I'm incapable of being a good mother, and producing a healthy child? Neither my GP or psyciatrist think these things are a real problem. My only problem is that my poor eggs may be too old.

So to the doubters, I have medical professionals telling me there is no reason I shouldn't try for a child with my DP. Being overweight is the least of my worries!

WaynettaSlobsLover Sun 03-Feb-13 21:00:44

It's unacceptable that a person who questions the risks of TTC is shot down. It's almost like political correctness because it creeps around and makes excuses for the real issue. Getting up in the night constantly for a colicky newborn is exhausting, but even more so with extra weight and other health problems..having to heave yourself out of bed with tiredness and the result of obesity isn't something to take lightly. I know a guy who is overweight and suffers from sleep apnoea, he wears an oxygen mask to bed. This in itself could severely limit his ability to pick up on the cries of a baby should he and his partner decide to have one. Why isn't it reason enough to have that will to lose a bit of weight before TTC so you can enjoy and relax through pregnancy more and not suffer the effects of it? Babies become runaway toddlers and that's motivation to get prepared for running around a lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now