The am I, aren't I game, anyone else trying not to POAS and driving themselves nuts?

(56 Posts)
teafan Sun 27-Jan-13 15:21:50

I am 12-14 DPO as track using CM so can never be 100% sure. We have been TTC #1 for ages and I have been pretty calm about it for the past few months, haven't even been on MN! But this month I have gone bananas all over again. Can't put myself through the disappointment of yet another BFN so am trying not to POAS until at least Wednesday! My fake symptoms so far are:

Burning boobs - although I have been squeezing them lots to check if they are sore blush
No pink tinge when I wipe which would normally have happened by now
Feel knackered
Had terrible cramps on 7-9DPO and then dull cramps ever since

Please someone join me so that I don't have to go quietly insane by myself grin

ILoveMyCats Mon 28-Jan-13 21:44:32

Gave in and poas (Internet freebie with opk) bfn. Cd be time of day as not late yet technically. Or just imaginings of impatient would-be mum!
Will leave it til Wednesday fmu. Pah!

chocoloulou33 Mon 28-Jan-13 22:07:01

Evening all. Sorry to hear all the BFN's -looks like I started off a trend sorry girls. Lots of us testing weds morning so let's hope for some better news!

teafan I don't blame u for not having the tests, I rly hope u concieve naturally very soon!! This month of course smile x

apperleydapperley Wed 30-Jan-13 14:54:11

Well I tested this morning and am now in even more limbo as I either had a vvv feint line or evap line, can't decide. Might test again tomorrow , hoping its feint as I'm only 12dpo, but also have backache which I don't think is a good sign confused

Anybody else test today?

chocoloulou33 Wed 30-Jan-13 14:57:54

sounds promising apperley test again 2moro. I tested, got a BFN x

ILoveMyCats Wed 30-Jan-13 17:21:49

Bfn here too. Got a FRER for later, just in case......

teafan Wed 30-Jan-13 18:10:32

ooohh apperley now that might be just the upward turn we're looking for, keep us posted please!

Thanks choc i'm giving myself until after the wedding (September) then giving in and going to be poked and prodded, i'll make DP go first though, his is considerably easier ha ha grin

No change here, still got sore boobs and weird taste in my mouth (like I licked a skunk) but all cramping seems to have stopped. Got a bfn on Monday morning but i'm not sure it counted as FMU as went to bed after downing a pint of squash at 12.30 and then woke up at 4am dying for a wee so used that instead blush plus was an Asda test 15miu but not sure how good they are? Any experiences? I can recommend testing in the middle of the night though, the drowsiness takes the edge off the bfn!

SeriousStuff Wed 30-Jan-13 19:30:41

Guys, I got my BFP! All the symptom spotting was legit! Tested 2 days ago with a line that was barely visible. Last night, similar line, but today a clear pink line and the words 'pregnancy' on the second test (just to be sure).

I'm sending anyone who's poas soon as much luck and good vibes as required!

teafan Wed 30-Jan-13 20:36:28

Wow, congratulations serious grin that is fab news!!! How many DPO are you? [teafan asks clutching at straws]

Correction to my earlier post, I POAS Tusday morning not Monday so when I tested I was minimum 13DPO so not holding our much hope sad

chocoloulou33 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:39:31

Congrats serious rly happy for you. Let's keep our fx for us teafan am sure I'm out though x

SeriousStuff Wed 30-Jan-13 21:05:33

Thanks both!

teafan test says I'm 1-2 weeks pregnant so I'm roughly 12-15 DPO. Not sure of the exact ov date as had EWCM on more than one day that week and got very confused! But DTD every other day from CD10 - CD25.

Let us know how you get on over the next couple of days!

apperleydapperley Wed 30-Jan-13 21:08:40

ooh congrats serious thats great! Really hoping my extremely faint line is actually a line like yours and turns into a stronger one - what dpo did it get darker? I'm 12dpo today.

Fx for everyone else

apperleydapperley Wed 30-Jan-13 21:09:41

cross-posted serious !

ipswichwitch Wed 30-Jan-13 21:12:50

Congrats seriousthanks - let's hope it's the beginning of a flock of bfp's for us all eh!

BigWhoop Thu 31-Jan-13 06:48:48

I might POAS today. I love POAS grin Spend far too much bloomin money on the things.
Have dtd much more this cycle but I don't think it's at the right times so suspect I'm not. Plus symptoms are confusing as I've got mastitis (still bfeeding toddler at night time, she got an ear infection and horrendous latch meant poorly boob). Stomach tender though, slight nausea, and a really strong craving for drinking milk. All of these could be due to the mastitis though (even the milk as it makes you thirsty!!).
I'm just a hopeful kind of person smilesmile

SeriousStuff Thu 31-Jan-13 09:02:57

Thanks apperleydapperley I think it was dpo14 yesterday when it got darker (not 100% when I ov-d though! so this is mere guess work!). A line, even if really faint, is still a line. I reckon you've got your SSP (slightly shy positive)

apperleydapperley Thu 31-Jan-13 14:32:08

well it seems you were right serious smile A definite second line this morning. So thrilled, but also nervous as my last two BFPs ended in MMC and CP...haven't told DH yet, think i will wait until Saturday and do another test to be sure (!).
Good luck to everyone else, hopefully this is a lucky thread!

SeriousStuff Thu 31-Jan-13 16:22:02

Woo-hoo apperley !!! Completely understand your concerns - hopefully as it sinks in you'll be able to enjoy it more. I'm completely paranoid that every time I move, that I must be doing some harm!

ILoveMyCats Thu 31-Jan-13 16:53:55

Got bfn yesterday with FRER in the afternoon. Still no sign of af at all & still have weird symptoms - tiredness, weepiness, dull cramps, cold, dizziness, light headedness & nausea. If I'm not pregnant, I want to know what else it could be! The dizziness & frequent peeing are getting me down.
Didn't poas today, going to wait til tomorrow morn. Would anyone advise a trip to the GP if af still not here next week?

Can I join in? Am on CD 24 today. Just POASd and got a BFN. Why oh why do I do it, of course I am thinking "well I still might be and I just tested too early". For a demonstration of the madness, I used a boots digital test (^not pregnant^ on display) AND an OPK which had just one sad little line, no trace of picking up a bit of HCG.
And yet still I am jiggling around to see how sore my boobs are and convincing myself that I am preggo. Could seriously do with some moral support...

chocoloulou33 Thu 31-Jan-13 19:26:32

Brilliant news apperley that's great! X

loobloo Thu 31-Jan-13 20:03:22

Can I join you please? AF was due yesterday and after 2 years of trying I decided to not try this month. No chlomid, opk testing or EWCM checking; just dtd every alternate day. But feel different this month! Cramping and sore boobs earlier in week, but gone now. Tested today but BFN. Is it too early or has my body now created another trick to send me over the edge?

teafan Thu 31-Jan-13 20:54:01

Congratulations apperley! I am wishing you very good luck for a healthy pregnancy. You ladies have been a fab support during this exceptionally mental cycle but i'm afraid i'm out, AF has quite stubbornly jammed her foot in the door and it's only a matter of time before she's in and drinking my tea/eating my biscuits and making herself at home!!

Never mind, i'm off to focus on my wedding for a bit and take my mind off it hmm

Good luck everyone smile

Tea x

chocoloulou33 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:05:30

Aww tea am sorry to hear that sad but am glad u have your wedding to focus on smile xx

apperleydapperley Thu 31-Jan-13 21:51:47

Thanks all. Tea sorry AF got you but as choc says good to have something else to focus on. Hope you get your BFP soon x

Hang on in there everyone else going loopy with the 2WW

chocoloulou33 Fri 01-Feb-13 21:31:46

Got my af 2day. Am not in a good place sad x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now