TTC#3 Anyone who is care to join me?

(381 Posts)
QueenofClean Sun 27-Jan-13 11:41:59

We actively started TTC#3 yesterday. I have a DD1 who is almost 8yrs & DD2 who is 13 months.

Scared about going from 2-3 but excited at same time grin

Cycle1 BFP due15th Feb.

mumoftwoboysS Fri 12-Apr-13 20:38:52

don't panic! I can understand why you'd be freaked but it is more than likely that the drug leaves your body after a few days (surely?) and in the first few days the egg is travelling down to the implantation site where the cells start multiplying/forming don't they?

You don't know if that lady's baby was disabled due to other reasons (or just sheer bad luck) and nothing to do with that medicine.

here's a link to research that found no significant difference in birth problems/abnormalities women who had taken the drug and those who didn't. might put your mind at ease a bit!

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2014300/

wish I knew exactly when my AF was as now I'm starting to think I'm late and I'm probably not!!...

btw, anyone had implantation bleeding this time and not before, or vice versa? I had with both previous so assuming I will for my third. (and therefore can't be preggers now!)

Fairypants Mon 15-Apr-13 07:17:05

Mythreeknights - I agree with mumof that at that point in your cycle you have no actual contact with the egg so it is extremely unlikely to affect it. I also am slightly cynical about any stories from the states because they have such a blame culture. If you are truly concerned, your dr can give much better info than dr google.
That's all assuming you get a BFP-any news on that score ladies, am I right in thinking you are testing about now?

Fairypants Mon 15-Apr-13 07:19:31

Btw I ment to say mumof- I haven't ever had implantation bleeding or at least not that I noticed as I was not trying with dd's. I wouldn't use a lack of it as gospel that your not though...you never know.

Mythreeknights Mon 15-Apr-13 09:08:51

Thanks mumof and Fairypants for your kind comments. It means a lot. Given this is our third, I just want to make it perfect and ensure that given I'm an older mum (35), our future baby has the best chance in life to be ok.

Tested this morning after feeling truly yukky yesterday (but following 8km hill run and then a couple of G&Ts that night...) and BFN! Which actually delights me for the reasons mentioned above. Having said that, it aint over until AF visits, and no sign of that at the moment. Am on CD28 now, AF due tomorrow, so we shall see.
mumof - how exciting - this could well be your month!! :-) :-) I really hope you get a BFP. Anyone else testing now?

mumoftwoboysS Mon 15-Apr-13 17:19:10

Well I'm still confused as to whn AF will come (damn that Easter holiday- I didn't keep track after that!) I have counted 14 days from when I should have ovulated and worked out that I should have had AF on sat or sun (and I'm very rarely late) but that doesn't necesarily mean anything- have sore boobs but no other symptoms....
Very tempted to buy a pregnancy test tomorrow if still no AF but I've probably just got the dates wrong though we did DTD 1-2 days before OV so.....

fairypants I just assumed I'd have implantation bleeding this time round, but who knows- if no two pregnancies are the same then I guess it could mean differences just after conception too...

And mythree it is probably for the best that you got BFN this month if it puts your mind at rest- otherwise you'd be worrying (probably unduly but it doesn't stop you worrying!)

I'm just thinking now,...what if I AM pregnant- OMFG!.....Have I really thought this through....3 kids???....this waiting game drives you crazy...

Mythreeknights Tue 16-Apr-13 09:22:07

Waaaaaah mumof have you tested?? It sounds quite positive (excuse the pun) to me. Well, AF arrived late last night after going for a run - am definitely relieved, but slightly sad too of course. We got pg so easily with one and two, that it's very new to me all this 'trying' to conceive. Please let us know wink xx

mumoftwoboysS Tue 16-Apr-13 19:16:41

haven't tested yet and still no sign of AF. Might wait a bit longer as I could just be out with the dates?? Have a phone interview tomorrow for a job too now so many thoughts going round my head. was made redundant nearly 15 months ago- with so few part time jobs around I'd given up hope and focused on having another baby- now I could end up being offered a job and being pregnant!! argh! Well no point in worrying until I know either way I suppose....

Mythreeknights Sun 21-Apr-13 18:20:22

Mumof....don't hold us in suspense...did you test? You must know by now so I am hoping no news is good news. Fingers crossed for you and everyone else on this thread.

mumoftwoboysS Sun 21-Apr-13 21:10:55

BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was going to wait till monday to find out (who was I kidding??) but was sipping my wine very slowly on friday night and OH thought it wasn't normal for me wink so I said I might be, then decided to test this morning.

He was happy but I think he's shell shocked and can't quite believe it! It does all seem so surreal. Now it's really happening! I knew really that I must be from the tiredness (and sore boobs) oh and that tiny thing- a missed period!! I wonder how long it'll be before the sickness kicks in??

Good luck MYthree with your TTC, it will happen soon enough I'm sure.

I'm in such a daze, happy one minute, freaked out the next....

SweepTheHalls Sun 21-Apr-13 21:39:42

Can I come and join in? We've been TTC no 3 for 4 months now and each 2ww kills me! AF due on Friday, so trying to stay strong as the odds aren't great this month. We hardly DTD at the right time at all-but you can't help getting hopes up every month anyway can you?

Mythreeknights Mon 22-Apr-13 09:31:16

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH mumof that is SUCH excellent news!! Well done you and how nice that the 'decision' has been made now and you can both enjoy the knowledge that you will definitely have a bigger family. I am properly delighted for you :-)
My shag week is coming up from tuesday, so I'm going to give it my all and hope to join you on the pg boards from May...who knows.
Well done your ovaries and MrMumOf's clever swimming spermies. xx

Mythreeknights Mon 22-Apr-13 09:32:22

And...HELLO sweep - I know exactly what you mean - it kills me too and I've only been 'trying' (as opposed to expecting it to happen on one shag a month) for 2 cycles. Silly me. Fingers x you miss your AF on Fri - keep us posted x

SweepTheHalls Tue 23-Apr-13 06:50:29

Spotting this morning, keep trying to convince myself that it could be implantation, but don't think so. Still cycle 6 was the lucky one with DS2!

Fairypants Tue 23-Apr-13 07:03:27

Congratulations mumof and welcome sweep.
I'm currently in my first 2ww and its driving me crazy. DH started suggesting I test on around dc10 so that's not very helpful.
Have been feeling rather nauseous the last couple of days which is either good news or completely psychological but af isn't due til sun so will have to hold on for a bit.

Fairypants Tue 23-Apr-13 07:04:51

Sweep- you have a well balanced approach not getting too wound up. I hope it is implantation bleeding all the same.

Congratulations mumof I was on thread at the beginning, I'm nearly 15weeks now! Told our DD's couple of weeks ago they are soooooooo excited, worth it just to see their faces, although all the questions are a bit tiring! smile

mumoftwoboysS Wed 24-Apr-13 14:02:24

Hi thethreeblondies - I remember your username! How's it going? Have you had any sickness? I'm still waiting for mine...though I seem to feel sick after eating at the moment.- not sure if it's just starting off

Oh that's sweet- no idea when I'll tell my boys- I guess when I start showing! Haven't told any friends or family yet and dying to but don't want to do it too early either!...

I won't lie it has been tough at times, without dh the house would have looked like a tip at times, very tired and felt sick unless I ate every hour (made it hard to disguise belly!) I told my sister at 10 weeks but no one else till after 12 week scan we wanted to tell the DD's first (and I let them tell all the rest of the family) couple of people at work knew earlier but everyone knows now and I'm enjoying letting my food belly hang out!

SweepTheHalls Wed 24-Apr-13 21:33:44

Definitely not implantation bleeding hmm still, cycle 6 made the most gorgeous boy last time. I am starting to get a bit disheartened though.

Mythreeknights Tue 30-Apr-13 16:18:40

Bad luck sweep (hugs)
So, I'm starting my 2ww now and am feeling fairly positive about it (e.g. not obsessing every minute!) I find week 1 ok and week 2 unbearable. We had a fun time DTD'ing' so if anything that was good shock but I'm longing to hear how everyone else is getting on...*fairypants*? Anyone?

Fairypants Tue 30-Apr-13 22:49:03

Hi mythree,
I'm rather frustrated atm- af was due on sun and nothing so far. I've tested a lot!! but bfn. Tomorrow I will equal the longest cycle since going off the pill in dec but don't know what to do about it. sad
I hope your 2ww is more productive than mine.

Fairypants Wed 01-May-13 17:38:46

She's finally turned up so I'm back to square 1. Waiting for af to leave now so I can get to work on this months 2ww smile
How's everyone else doing?

Mythreeknights Thu 02-May-13 14:41:27

Bad luck fairy but I will soon be joining you...we're attempting to have a girl which means we stopped DTD at CD12 and personally I think that's probably not done the job (esp as I was v horny yesterday (TMI??) and think I might have OV then rather than CD14)...anyhoo, coming to the end of my first week of 2ww so expect me to go bananas next week with the anticipation. I've also started growing a delightful spot on my chin which is always a sign of a normal menstrual cycle, so I think I'll be bouncing onto that June bus with you. xx (PS at least you have nice long cycles - mine tend to be 27 days)

mumoftwoboysS Fri 03-May-13 20:22:56

hi Mythree- just checking in to see when you're going to join us upduffed ones smile I conceived on CD 11 or 12 but am convinced we're having another boy- I'm convinced OH only has boy sperm!! Or my OV came early and screwed it all up and the fast boy swimmers won.

Are you doing any of the other stuff that's supposed to favour a girl?? We didn't really get the chance as I thought it'd take us months and I'd end up buying the book etc., but it didn't quite turn out that way!

Mythreeknights Sun 05-May-13 21:02:53

Hi Mumof, how is it going? Have you gotten over your intial nerves about having three kids now? I'm longing to join you all (I think...having slight palpitations at the thought of it today, my two boys have been very naughty and it has worn me out!) Well, tomorrow marks the start of my second week waiting so I'll know Monday 13th or thereabouts I guess... Every single month I feel nausea and sore boobs and this month is no different so I can't read it as a 'sign'. The spot on my chin stopped groping though so that's potentially a good sign (other than the obvious good sign that I'm not walking about looking like a spotty teenager). A friend sent me Shettles book - actually quite interesting especially seeing it from the sperm's pov...remarkable that any of us were born at all imo. TBH, if I'm not upduffed this month (I don't think I will be), next month I think we'll just shag all the way through and risk having a boy. 3 boys would be COOL. I think. Help...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now