TTC#3 Anyone who is care to join me?

(381 Posts)
QueenofClean Sun 27-Jan-13 11:41:59

We actively started TTC#3 yesterday. I have a DD1 who is almost 8yrs & DD2 who is 13 months.

Scared about going from 2-3 but excited at same time grin

Cycle1 BFP due15th Feb.

nomoreplease Sat 16-Mar-13 19:56:26

Got bfp today. Have had to name change as was told someone at work uses this site and I could do without her knowing an very excited though.

Good luck to you all, bloody been awful, completely taken over my life and poor old DH when I told him we had to do it NOW, well his face was a picture!

QueenofClean Sat 16-Mar-13 20:02:22

Congratulations grin

Welcome Newbies.

I have my fx for weds as hopefully will be getting my BFP then.

workingonitagain Sun 17-Mar-13 08:05:51

Congratulations. Im 5 wks and still hardly feel a thing which worries me as with all previous (including mc one)i felt awful and very sick. Oh well just have to wait and see... Fingers crossed for a bfp soon for those who havent had it yet! X

Fairypants Wed 20-Mar-13 07:08:07

Congratulations nomore!
Welcome newbies.
queen any news? Fx for you!

QueenofClean Wed 20-Mar-13 07:13:51

AF due today...poas using ic yesterday and BFN sad waiting to see if AF shows her face.

She was a week late last month so think I may of ov'd later. We will see.

QueenofClean Thu 21-Mar-13 20:18:07

AF got me overnight sad so roll on April BFP!

Fairypants Fri 22-Mar-13 07:14:15

Sorry to hear that Queen sad
April will be the month, I'm sure.

metimeatlast Wed 27-Mar-13 11:24:49

ive come to the conclusion that most of the symptoms i spot during the tww are actually there throughout the month.... so that means a cant symptom spot as it would be pointless. Also i dont know when i ovulate, so im goina have to get some internet ov kits, i dont want to start temping etc, oh well, 8-10 days before af due (7 march) going on holiday on 8th, north wales shock,uk, hope this snow has long gone by then!!
How is everybody??

Af got me on sat night. Dh is now beginning to mmm about having dc3. Can we afford it etc. And yet we have regular unprotected sex snd he knows all about the birds and bees ffs

mumoftwoboysS Tue 02-Apr-13 20:56:38

lovelylentils I can relate to your frustration. OH has kind of agreed to ttc #3 and started DTD unprotected and yet is sending out mixed messages with some of the comments he's making. I am so 100% committed and he sounds like he keeps changing his mind- it screws with your mind!

I am just banking on getting preggers then he'll have to get used to the idea ;-)

Fairypants Thu 04-Apr-13 23:33:38

Well ladies, I am now officially ttc #3!! Well, still have af but, you know, contraception is out and rabbit type behaviour is scheduled for next week.
I'm very excited as I've waited sooo long, can you tell?
BFP due 28th April.

Mythreeknights Mon 08-Apr-13 16:09:56

Hello ladies, <waves, bearing folic acid, positivity, sunshine and happiness>

Just to say I sympathise 100% with those who have mixed-message husbands - mine was totally on off (for about 6 months which really confused me) but last month confirmed he is ON! Hurrah.

Last month I completely convinced myself I was upduffed, despite shagging only twice the whole month (I'm having a nasty recurrent thrush issue at the moment - basically anything and everything including TTC sets it off, putting me out of action for 10 days) and was v sad to get AF.

This month, I am yet again deluded convinced I'm upduffed (again, having TTC 3 times only) now in the last week of my 2ww with sore boobs and nausea...so in order to get some moral support ahead of AF arriving (due 15 April) I thought I'd say hello, see if anyone has good recurrent thrush remedies and see who gets a BFP this month!

Fairypants Mon 08-Apr-13 21:38:35

Hi mythreeknights, glad your DH is on board.
I'm still waiting for af to go so not yet waiting with baited breath but will keep my fingers crossed for you.

PopsyWind Mon 08-Apr-13 22:10:59

Hiya all
I posted a few times at the start of fred (mostly stressing about weird bleeding after coil removal) Anyhoo I got BFP 2wks ago smile

My3knights - you could get a prescription for 7 days fluconazole, it's the same as the one-off thrush tablet but a smaller dose taken for a week can eradicate it for longer. However you can't take it if preggers....

Good luck to you and everyone else
xx

Mythreeknights Tue 09-Apr-13 13:27:59

Congrats Popsy - you must be thrilled, although I imagine also a bit nervous about knowing you are going to have 3 kiddies running about :-) Thanks for the 7-day flucozanole tmt - I'm seeing GP again on Thurs to talk about it - was completely fobbed off last time (and was alarmed when during a swab, the (male) GP said "mmm, your vagina smells really nice" hmm (I think he meant he couldn't smell BV, but still...)

BlackholesAndRevelations Tue 09-Apr-13 16:43:13

Hi ladies! Mind if I join? We are ttc number three after two miscarriages. DC are 3 and 1.

shock at "your vagina smells really nice!" eek! Unprofessional much?!

PopsyWind Wed 10-Apr-13 09:32:29

OMG my3, I'm horrified at what your GP said. Totally inappropriate and makes you wonder what he's said/done to other patients....

Mythreeknights Wed 10-Apr-13 16:17:23

Don't worry Popsy - written down in this context it appears alarmingly inappropriate, but other than finding it slightly wierd, I wasn't uncomfortable at any point during the swab. I did have a completely awful experience when I was a girl (17 years old) in Italy with cystitis. I went to an emergency room /section of the local hospital where I was taken into a windowless room. The doctor (young, male) asked me what was wrong, told me to lie straight and not make a fuss, did that thing they do in horror films where they put on their latex gloves with glee, then actually rammed his hand inside my vagina, making me sit upright and scream..., and he laughed at me and said 'yes, you have cystitis'. As he wheeled me out I was trying not to cry, my dad met me and I pretended all was ok. I can't tell you how much I wish I had reported him, because he definitely was a sadist (or is it a masochist) and I was so young and vulnerable. So, in the face of that experience, although this recent one seems 'odd', it was definitely not abusive.

Mythreeknights Wed 10-Apr-13 16:19:22

BTW - this is really odd - I have never ever mentioned that experience to anyone in RL.

PopsyWind Wed 10-Apr-13 16:42:49

Am glad it wasn't as bad as it sounded my3, I think it was the 'mmm' that disturbed me. I'm a GP myself and was imagining what I'd do if one of my patients told me about a dr saying the same to them...

The other incident sounds horrendous as well sad

MummyPig24 Thu 11-Apr-13 08:32:38

Hello, can I join? Started ttc (not doing anything to stop it) baby number 3 this month. Was due on my period 5th April, still nothing but several bfns! I have a dr appointment tomorrow to see what's going on as I had a very weird cycle in march where I bled for 3 days, nothing for 3 days, then again heavily for 10 days. And now I am nearly a week late.

Good luck and congratulations to everyone ttc and who have their bfps.

mumoftwoboysS Thu 11-Apr-13 22:01:08

Hey Mythree seems like we're almost in synch -AF due any day now though I lost count as we went away for Easter so had to stop my daily temp recording (and hence noting down what day it was). I'm pretty sure i'm not upduffed as despite DTD 2-3 days before OV (which I thought was ideal for conceiving a girl!) I've had MAJOR rages today and convinced it's PMS (poor kids, they've had to deal with a mum on the edge)

OH is still sending mixed messages though certainly not saying no...I feel a bit cheeky like it's all in my control as when we DTD he says is it ok to (well you know) and I say yes or no! I'm a bit scared to do it bang on OV though?? Not sure if it's cos I'm scared. Well today was so stressful with 2 kids, one of those days where you dream of drinking wine as soon as their heads touch the pillow (but I went for a run instead :-)

I do want to have another,just all seems so overwhelming.....

-and Mythree, that experience, how awful :-(

Fairypants Fri 12-Apr-13 07:56:52

Congratulations popsy and hello mummy and blackholes!
I hope your dr appt goes well mummy. I am taking a similar approach to ttc as you- just stopped contraception.
Although I'm sure I will start ov tests and bbt etc if I'm ttc for long, I'm trying to hold off as long as possible as I know I'd get obsessive and it would add stress! We are definately dtd more often (ok both days since af ended) but that's just cos its nicer without contraception!
I thought DH was wobbly about the whole thing last week as he's worried about money so gave him the option to postpone - it turns out he wasn't wobbly at all so I'm glad I brought it up!

Mythreeknights Fri 12-Apr-13 16:22:44

Hello mumof - ooh goodie we're in it together! My AF is due Monday but I don't feel like it is remotely coming. HOWEVER I am now slightly bricking it as I took a fluconazole 3 days after DTD (e.g. right over OV) as had thrush, but wasn't until after I took it and remembered dates that I 'might' be PG. Anyhow, it's on the blacklist of drugs absolutely NOT to take in pg as leads to massive deformities in babies. So, obviously, now I am crossing my fingers that I do get AF so I can start DTD fresh next month wtih no nasties in my body. What posessed me, I have no idea. Normally I read the instructions before casually popping pills.
Anyhow, GOOD LUCK (and, look at it this way, at least you didn't have to say to your already skeptical husband, btw, if I am pg this month, the baby might well be deformed...as I did). Brilliant.

Mythreeknights Fri 12-Apr-13 16:57:03

Help! I've just researched "taking fluconzole before I knew I was pg" and one of the entries came up from a USA woman who like me took it 3 days or so after 'conception' (I don't know if I'm pg but I took it 3 days after DTD) and her daughter was born seriously disabled. I really hope AF comes now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now