TTC#3 Anyone who is care to join me?

(381 Posts)
QueenofClean Sun 27-Jan-13 11:41:59

We actively started TTC#3 yesterday. I have a DD1 who is almost 8yrs & DD2 who is 13 months.

Scared about going from 2-3 but excited at same time grin

Cycle1 BFP due15th Feb.

3sthenew2 Fri 08-Mar-13 14:36:48

Toffee you sound like my double! I'm having mixed feelings over number 3. I'm 37 with a 13 & 9 year old so keep having moments where I ask myself if I'm mad going back to it all!
Anyway, it's ttc cycle 2 following a mc in January (after which I swore it was a sign I was too old) but I just dont feel ready to give up the school plays & crafting at the kitchen table.
I have 2 dc who are getting more & more indepedant (which is how I tried to bring them up!!) and I DONT LIKE IT sad
on the other hand, sleepless nights, no money, childcare worries....mmm what to do?

workingonitagain Fri 08-Mar-13 21:13:07

hi all can i join in . have a 3 and a 1 yo dc and had a mmc last dec and we just decided to start trying again. as i've been through it 3 times, it feels like im pregnant again but im not sure if it's not just wishful thinking. im on 13-14 dpo (as not 100% when i ovulated) usually would only go up to 12dpo but this month i ovulated very early and suspect that it was becasuse of taking vitamin b6.
only have 1 test left and i am trying real hard to not to use it. haven't tested since 11 dpo and too scared to feel disappointed again. just wish af came or just knew either way
i wasn't sure about no3 but decided to go with it but when i got pregnant (which ended in mc) i felt awful and very negative about the whole thing and how i'd deal with with it and not sure if it was because deep down my body knew it would not work out or had some prenatal depression. anyway i know i'd like another one but also worried that when it happens, i'll go into melt down mode again and won't be able to deal with it hmm
good luck to you all for this month x

Tranquilitybaby Sat 09-Mar-13 05:10:07

DH is currently pondering the while TTC no. 3 thing. I'm so broody but the main thing I worry about is that I have health anxiety. If we decide to go ahead, I'm so much older now than when I had my other two children (11& 8), so obviously with that brings higher risks. I'm 35 now.

Just concerned that I'm going to spend the whole 9 months worrying myself silly that something's wrong with the baby. Also I've had two sections and always said I'd want to try for a VBAC if we had another. However the thought of it terrifies me but so does the risks to me of have a third section.

God that all sounds so negative, but I do still want another, I know I do.

Does the Harmony test give you a 100% accurate result?

X

QueenofClean Sun 10-Mar-13 09:39:11

Welcome newbies. Well AF is 9 days away and I've been feeling really tired & nauseous since yesterday. Poas this morning BFN but knew it would be to early to tell yet. hoping it's not all in my head had pains in my boobs on and off too!

First sign with DD2 was needing to pee every 5 mins. Don't have that feeling yet today.

BangOn Sun 10-Mar-13 12:41:39

hi everyone, thanks for the welcome.

although i feel guilty about my dds not being 'enough' for me, i can't seem to think rationally about wanting another one. i just do & that's all.

i'm now 12 dpo & wishing someone would put me out of my misery! went swimming today & was convinced af was going to start in an embarassing manner. my cycle is usually between 26-28 days, but the month before last was more like 31. just to throw me out completely! so if af does hold off i'll try & wait til day 32. i have loads of ebay cheapies just taunting me to poas but must resist as i'm not even late.

boobs aren't much sorer than usual, pms is making me a joy to be around & feel bloated. so business as usual then.

workingonitagain Sun 10-Mar-13 14:58:48

Hi ladies so my symptom spotting was right and i am indeed pregnant shock one dtd was all we did this month as dp was away when my ov stick showed positive so we only managed it the night after. It took us 7 month with other 2. Anyway im so happy and excited. Hoping that mmc was just a one off and i ll have an uneventful pregnancy smile

BangOn Sun 10-Mar-13 16:30:45

congratulations workingon ! all the best for a stress free pg for you x

i've also just given in and tested on one of my pee in a cup ebay cheapies - a faint, but definitelt there BFP!

now of course i'm thinking my hormone levels must be abnormally high to get a bfp on a cheapie before i'm even late. always something to worry about

workingonitagain Sun 10-Mar-13 17:44:01

Thank you and congratulation too ?grin im trying a different approach this time around and will try and keep fit despite of the tiredness. When i had the mc i felt even worse for putting weight on and have nothing to show for. How old are ur dds?

BangOn Sun 10-Mar-13 17:50:17

me too (if indeed the cheapie tells the truth). i put on about 2.5 stone first time & closer to two the second time around. my dds are 3 & nearly 7 - how about your dcs? sorry to hear about previous mc.

BangOn Sun 10-Mar-13 17:54:20

meant to say it took me absolutely ages to lose the babyweight last time & still carrying some on my face of all places. really don't want to add to it... let's form an active pregancy sub-group or something! grin

workingonitagain Mon 11-Mar-13 06:44:59

Bangon im sure ur internet cheepy was right. Ive used the same every time although i can get into a crazy state where im analysing how dark the line is hmm i find if i eat ok and dont cave in to all the junk food im craving, its easier to keep healthy. Anyway i hope i can keep my sanity even when the awful morning sickness kicks in confused

BankWuggery Mon 11-Mar-13 09:30:38

Congratulations working and bang smile I so hope some of us will be able to join you on an antenatal thread in the not too distant future.

Am on day 14 of a normally 28/30 day cycle. So should be ovulating right about...NOW... but am having a stressful time at work and stress normally delays my ov by a little while. So no ewcm or mittelschmerz yet. Most annoying, now we're trying I don't want my cycle being muddled up! Gah.

Thinking sticky pg thoughts to those already successful and fertile ones to those of us still trying.

Number 3's here we come!

RubixCube Mon 11-Mar-13 09:41:39

I'll join.Though not actively trying just messed up my pill by accident.Have no idea if id have a withdrawal bleed or not i only had intercourse 11days ago it's my pill free week this week

BamBam21 Mon 11-Mar-13 23:36:48

Aargh, I go away for a few days and miss 3 BFPs!!grin Congratulations new, working and bang!

DP has been on hols from work for the last few days, and we have DTD once (CD6 or 10 depending on when you count AF as startingconfused), but he has now come down with a horrible sicky bug.

Toffee sorry that AF came, but I can totally understand your mixed feelings. I swing wildly from being madly broody, to feeling hugely relieved when AF arrives. It's like an itch that I have to scratch! I hope we will see you back here, even if it's just to say hello!smile

<waves to everyone else, and hi to all the new folk!>

QueenofClean Tue 12-Mar-13 07:00:32

Congrats to everyone with a BFP.

Hopefully will be me at weekend but doubt it sad

Wasn't this hard last 2 times...maybe it has something to do with turning 30!

BankWuggery Tue 12-Mar-13 11:27:28

Hang in there Queen. How many cycles of trying have you been through for no.3 thus far?

Mixed feelings really resonates here too- what if I am tempting fate and a third pg would end in disaster?

Plus newtothisstuff sorry I missed you out- congratulations! Has the brown yuk gone away now? Hope so.

QueenofClean Tue 12-Mar-13 11:33:13

Bank Only on 3rd cycle so not many I know it's quite frustrating already. However, last week DH was away and I was coming to the mid-end of my green week according to my iPeriod app. I used this app to fall with DD's and worked first time. Maybe it's turning 30 what's done it?! We really want a 3rd child - 3rd and last mind you lol.

RubixCube Tue 12-Mar-13 11:46:35

With my 1st it took 11months and my second 1month and i was just coming off AF when i had intercouse blush so really didn't think i had gotten pregnant that month.Good luck to you all x

Fairypants Tue 12-Mar-13 23:19:00

Congratulations on those bfp's, and fingers x for those of you on a 2ww.
queen I'm really hoping turning 30 doesn't make it tricky as I'm the wrong side of 30 this time round too!
I'm inching closer to ttc- in fact once I see my next af, we will be all systems go for #3! Ok so that's a month in the future but still, I've waited 10 years, what's another month?
I really hope it doesn't take too long though - I'm not exactly patient.

QueenofClean Wed 13-Mar-13 06:47:46

Fairy that's the trouble I'm having I'm not exactly patient and we have been very very lucky previously.

Fairypants Wed 13-Mar-13 18:12:27

I'm sure you will get there soon- after all your dc2 is only little so your fertility can't have gone downhill that quickly. Are you maybe putting more pressure on yourself this time than previously?

QueenofClean Wed 13-Mar-13 20:55:29

Maybe prob to do with turning 30 lol

Hi. Can i join. Ds 3 next month and dd 16.months. I'm currently 5 days post ovulation (i think) but cycle varies. About 35 days at the monent.

metimeatlast Fri 15-Mar-13 19:14:14

wow, what is this??/ again, like a couple of others had gotten AF, so disappeared, and we now have some BFPs!! congratulations to those of you, new working, bang! its lovely news for you all. AF just leaving our house, so still gota wait a bit then theres that bloody 2ww... ah well, good luck, fingers crossed ladies x

RainbowBelle Fri 15-Mar-13 20:44:53

Hi there, can I join please? Have DCs age 5 & 3. Am on Cycle 3, testing next weekend. Have had cramping for the last 2 days which I am wondering if is post ov pain (apparently when the egg is making its way down the tube). It is specifically on one side only and quite sharp (but sporadic) rather than AF type dull ache. Anyway I guess I'll know for definite by the week after next!

Good luck to all trying x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now