Brooking NO ARGUMENT that those BFPs are on the way

(1000 Posts)
SweetieTime Sun 27-Jan-13 09:23:02

Not started a new Fred before but hope it is successful for us as we are going to get our BFPs, either by traditional rat smacking activities or using the power of medical science.

Ladies I do declare WE WILL GET THERE - FACT !!!

ControlGeek Thu 14-Mar-13 23:11:43

meant to include keep sorry my lovely xx

Really bad at namechecking when I'm being hassled about which cats are in and which are out!

keepitgoing Fri 15-Mar-13 02:41:56

geek that sounds like a brilliant plan. I love staying in hotels hotel sex... also you are so sweet being so excited for mrGeek!

No news here. Huge painful boobs, for the last ten days, and now a leaky fanjo from progesterone (vom). The odd twinge, but who knows what's going on in there. T-7.

solars have you decided which cycle do be monitored on yet?

sweetie have you started your lining drugs yet? What are they giving you? I guess ET is dependent on how the donor stimms? Do they guarantee x number of eggs?

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 15-Mar-13 07:08:45

geek hope it goes well at the weekend. How long has it been since MrG last had contact?

musical it would be great to have you back again, especially if you carry on baking grin

I finally have some sort of news on my appointment. I persuaded MrB to ring yesterday, and its a good thing you lot have been nagging me about it, as the doctor had forgotton to send our referral to the IVF dept. Luckily the woman found the letter that had been sent to us and has backdated us on the waiting list to January. We should have our appointment by the beginning of May at the latest, and then I hope we would just start during my next cycle grin

ControlGeek Fri 15-Mar-13 08:10:54

Oops I got it wrong about the cats - the wee-er managed to find a hiding place and stayed in all night. Now I just need to find out where it might have weed hmm

keep I'm thinking there may be too much alcohol involved for us to enjoy the hotel sex - I always worry about people in the adjoining rooms being able to hear us! T-7 - how exciting!!! Are you going to sneak a test in yourself, or just test at the clinic?

beedle it's been just over 11 years. MrG's DS was 9 when he last saw him. I know people can be extremely judgmental when it comes to 'absent' fathers, but I can honestly say it wasn't for lack of trying, or desire, and the pain that MrG has felt for all those years is unbelievable. I'm so pleased you chased the clinic, I can't believe how many of us have ended up 'forgotten'. You'd think they would be more on the ball. Brilliant news that they have backdated you on the waiting list though. Brooking for an early May appointment for you!

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 15-Mar-13 08:30:05

keep I forgot to ask, have you had any news about freezing the other embryos?

keepitgoing Fri 15-Mar-13 09:52:50

Ah, did I forget to bore update you on my embryos. We have three frozen, the other two didn't make it. I'm happy with that, it should mean at least one FET cycle. They said they'd email the full report yesterday, but didn't, so I've just emailed them. Thanks beedle! Good news on the appt, though so annoying at all the lost appointments. How hard is it ffs...

geek I don't give a rat's smacking arse if people hear us in hotels... They're usually sound proofed, go for it!

Testing. Well, I don't know. I'm not keen of the idea of a blood test at 2.30 next Friday, then wait around for the doctor and results at 4. I feel I'd rather have some time to process the result just us. But dh is worried of a false negative and us getting stressed. I also feel I'd jinx it by doing it early... But at the same time it's dh's birthday on Tuesday. That's too early, art 11dpEC isn't it. Yes, too early and if it's negative I'd have to hide it and feel crap.

keepitgoing Fri 15-Mar-13 09:55:49

Ah, did I forget to bore update you on my embryos. We have three frozen, the other two didn't make it. I'm happy with that, it should mean at least one FET cycle. They said they'd email the full report yesterday, but didn't, so I've just emailed them. Thanks beedle! Good news on the appt, though so annoying at all the lost appointments. How hard is it ffs...

geek I don't give a rat's smacking arse if people hear us in hotels... They're usually sound proofed, go for it!

Testing. Well, I don't know. I'm not keen of the idea of a blood test at 2.30 next Friday, then wait around for the doctor and results at 4. I feel I'd rather have some time to process the result just us. But dh is worried of a false negative and us getting stressed. I also feel I'd jinx it by doing it early... But at the same time it's dh's birthday on Tuesday. That's too early, art 11dpEC isn't it. Yes, too early and if it's negative I'd have to hide it and feel crap.

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 15-Mar-13 10:15:46

3 frosties is fab keep
I think Tues might be a bit early* but I don't think I'd be able to resist testing on Friday morning, just so that its just the 2 of you when you get the result, whether its positive or negative ( as opposed to the process of conceiving that took a whole load of doctors!)

*who am I kidding I'd be testing every day grin

keepitgoing Fri 15-Mar-13 10:19:24

You always test a lot, though don't you beedle. I never do...

ControlGeek Fri 15-Mar-13 11:48:32

keep I definitely wouldn't test on Tuesday - your trigger was HCG and if you've not been testing it out you'll not know whether to believe the positive or not. I don't think I could resist testing on the Friday morning though - this is one occasion when you know for a fact that fertilisation (and survival of the first five days) occurred, so it's not quite the same as just a normal month where it's all a bit more hidden iyswim? Well done on the 3 frosties btw - deffo a chance at FET for a sibling for the UBE you are now carrying.

keepitgoing Fri 15-Mar-13 12:40:48

geek you talk sense. I don't want to test the trigger out as I'm a wuss and have just had enough of negative tests. Maybe if I just wait a few months I'll get a bump. OK, Tuesday is Off The Cards.

BTW clinic emailed the embryo report within 15 mins of my email! well we have just paid £4000 Not that its very comprehensible, but at least it's not in Thai!

SweetieTime Fri 15-Mar-13 17:06:50

keep sorry totally forgot to ask about the progress of your other embies in all the excitement. 3 frosties is really good, I would be really happy with that myself. I started on Climaval this morning 3 x 2mg per day. I took this on my mock cycle after Christmas and got on fine with it. My womble lining was 11mm when they measured it so they were really pleased with that. I have my scan on 4th April, which will be day 21 so it should be ok but if not they have over a week before possible ET to get things right. They guarantee 8 eggs, otherwise we get a reduction in price.

I know a girl who tested every day from trigger shot to watch the lines get fainter then when she got the double lines started to show again she knew. I did test before our official appointment but I had also had a visit from AF so I knew we weren't successful. I think I would rather have the time for it to sink in before the blood test, but Tuesday must be a bit too soon. Do you have any HPTs over there? I am not sure if I sent you some they would reach you before Fri but I would happily do so if you want?

Geek if I don't get chance tomorrow good luck for you and MrG tomorrow. Hope it all goes really well for you all.

Beedle good job MrB chased up your appointment. Not much longer to wait and still time for the ironic BFP to be snuck in.

keepitgoing Sat 16-Mar-13 10:23:59

sweetie that's so exciting you've started. Grow, lining, grow. That's a good long timne for it to plump up. Eight eggs, from a lovely fertile donor, will be brill, and hopefully will be even more. Do you know how old she is? Thanks of the offer to post HPTs, but I have one went out of date in Feb, sigh plus lots of internet cheapies. Assume you can buy them here in case it's positive and I start going mad.

geek good luck to you both tonight. I really hope it goes well, with not too many awkward silences, or sensitive subjects. Enjoy the hotel sex too...

I am starting to fret. Is my emby dead already, has it implanted as I think it should have by now.

Last night I dreamt the whole ivf was a con, they just gave me drugs, knocked me out, gave me a fake photo of an emby, injected some water into me. What proof do I have. Oh god, I'm mad.

T-6

Keep stop, breathe and take yourself out for a quick slap look at it rationally, emby is in there, emby is trying to settle, don't worry thanks (I do realise easier said than done)

<does a little waddle along to the grow lining dance> <has a sit down> grin brooking for you Sweetie

Geek you must enjoy the hotel sex tis the rules!! Brooking for Mr G today.

Right, I'm off to find something else to clean, this nesting malarky don't half keep you busy!! smilesmile

ControlGeek Sat 16-Mar-13 11:33:07

ooh sweetie exciting days ahead! <jiggles pom poms in a full on plump lining plump dance, moving smoothly into an embed emby embed dance for keep >

MrG left just over half an hour ago. I am so nervous I don't know what to do with myself. In two hours I'll be going to catch my train over there, by which point The Meeting will have happened!!! All we know so far is bowling possibly followed by drinks. I'm really hoping I get a text to say 'sort yourself out for tea, I'm hanging with my son' grin

Sorry for the mememe, was working til midnight last night and up and working again at 7am this morning so feeling a bit frazzled and runnign on adrenalin. Just realised I've packed my makeup bag in the suitcase, which is in the car on its way already. Pretty pointless really since I'll be the one checking into the hotel first!

ControlGeek Sat 16-Mar-13 11:33:39

ps thank you sweetie boo and keep smile

ControlGeek Sat 16-Mar-13 19:37:45

V quick post - all went fab today, more meetings could well be on the cards, including mrg's ds coming over to us smile will try to write more tomorrow, thanks for all the brooking ps sorry for unctuation and imp fingers, am on mobile in pub debriefing mrg

Geek we have all told you, the debriefing should be done in the hotel winkwink

keepitgoing Sun 17-Mar-13 05:11:59

geek grin am so pleased it went well!! And hope you had a good verbal debrief in the pub and a physical one in the hotel ;)

boo, nesting? Come on, booby, come and say hello!

Am still stressing, but trying to take my mind off things -ha - by proofing dh's job application. Fun times.

T-5

SweetieTime Sun 17-Mar-13 13:43:40

Just popping in to check on Geek and how it all went yesterday. Sounds like amazing news, can not wait to hear the full story.

Keep am brooking the minikeep is snuggling in getting cosy for the next 8.5 months. Hard not to mental for you but not long til you know.

Solars Sun 17-Mar-13 18:18:11

Keep fantastic news on the the frosties and how lovely having the option of coming back to Thailand for when baby no. 2 is wanted! How are you feeling? We decided to do the monitoring next cycle. They said scan may need to be day 12/13 which would be slap bang middle of when we're away.

Geek great news about MrG and kids!

Cups not long to go now for your appointment, eek! How are things with your mum going?

Sweetie fantastic news you're on the lining growing drugs, when do you find out when transfer is likely to be? Exciting times!

Maybe a wedding in Lake Como sounds amazing! How are you doing?

Scarlett your appointment sounded very positive and it's fantastic you have a plan in place, when will you start the iui?

Well we've decided to consult an Ayurvedic dr, a few people have mentioned Ayurveda to us for quite a while now, some with success after 6 years ttc. I was always quite wary about it in the uk as I've always heard that treatment is more suitable for the Indian climate rather than here but she adapts her treatment for here. Also since we may not cycle for at least a couple of months now we thought doing this may help prepare us. So we saw one yesterday. We had a long chat and she thought there may be issues with my energy levels in my stomach/bowel/ovary region. She's given me some supplements and she's given me a diet. The diet is not too bad apart from cutting out bread, pasta and tomatoes which may be hard! We didn't think it could do much harm especially as we're waiting anyway. Shes not that expensive and she also does a massage treatment which very much appealed to me! Will let you know how it goes.

Hope everyone else is doing good x

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Sun 17-Mar-13 19:51:20

Hi Solars I've never heard of Ayurveda, will have to google it. After trying for so long I think it's worth trying anything tbh.

Keep excellent news on the frosties! I really laughed when I read about your dream nightmare that is the kind of crazy thing I would be worrying about. I hope time passes quickly until Friday.

<joins in the grow lining grow dance and embed emby embed dance>

Sweetie so so exciting that you have started. Hope it's all going well.

Geek I'm so glad it went well with MrGeek and his DS.

Maybe how are you doing?

Beedle shock at your referral not being sent, at least they have moved you up the waiting list accordingly.

Our appointment is on Wednesday, we have been reading through all the consents/research stuff. I think we have agreed that any non viable stuff can be used for research. What did other assisted Brookers decide?

keepitgoing Mon 18-Mar-13 04:11:46

solars that sounds like a plan. I hope the hols are amazing. Never heard of that stuff either, but anything's worth a go...

I just read this trashy book about a couple going through ivf, the author clearly had been. It was good to read, but it annoyed me when after the ivf failed, they gave up, had amazing spontaneous sex and, yep you guessed it, she was then seven weeks preggers without realising it.

cup the time is passing sooo slowly. Whenever I think about it I feel sick with nerves, and have to distract myself. I have to plan something nice for dh's bday tomorrow. Bad, disorganized wife.

Yes, we said yes to research on those discarded ones. There were also qus about what to do if one/both of us dies, divorce etc. Cheery. I think research is good, anything that can improve all this would be amazing.

Good luck for Wednesday, cup

T-4 for me.

BeedlesPineNeedles Mon 18-Mar-13 07:03:43

geek have you recovered from the excitement of the weekend yet? So glad it went well for mrgeek.

cup good luck for your appointment on wed. I can't believe they forgot to send the letter either hmm

solars the treatment sounds interesting, as you say you may as well give it a go.

keep i hope you're not here reading this as you're busy thinking about other stuff and preparing for mrk's birthday.

sweetie does it feel good to have finally started your treatment?

I'm having a day in bed as I've got a yucky cold. I did wonder if it was that mythical pregnancy symptom, but I think its just a cold!

keepitgoing Mon 18-Mar-13 09:57:54

Poor snotty beedle. Good idea to have a duvet-day. When are you going to be poas? With me on Friday?

I have bought cakes for mrK and hidden in fridge. Need to book a good restaurant. His pressie is already sorted by him a tailor made suit.

This thread is not accepting new messages.