Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Brooking NO ARGUMENT that those BFPs are on the way

(1000 Posts)
SweetieTime Sun 27-Jan-13 09:23:02

Not started a new Fred before but hope it is successful for us as we are going to get our BFPs, either by traditional rat smacking activities or using the power of medical science.

Ladies I do declare WE WILL GET THERE - FACT !!!

NewYearNewBoo Tue 26-Feb-13 07:16:49

Morning all, sorry I didn't update last night, completely forgot in all the excitement!! Teen boo had no changes in his vision grin

ScarlettInSpace Tue 26-Feb-13 08:15:25

The power of brooking proves itself again, good news boo

BeedlesPineNeedles Tue 26-Feb-13 09:04:47

Excellent news boo I was brooking from a far yesterday, I just didn't have time to post

scarlett and keep sorry there was no ironic pre-IVF BFP, but great that you will be cycle buddies. AF showed up here on Sunday, but I think my cycles might be a bit short for us to maanage another triple whammy in a few weeks time.

Still no news from the clinic even MrB is saying perhaps we should ring shock But I did a bit or searching on the internet and I think that as they have start our treatment within about 3 months they will probably make us wait the 3 months for our appointment. Then we should pretty much start straight away, so hopefully we'll have an appoinment in April and maybe a cycle in May. Of course I would rather get the letter now, just so I know what's happening. I like to have a plan like scarlett

olives any sneeze news?

geek how are you feeling today?

Soph80 Tue 26-Feb-13 09:18:33

Hello ladies! How are we all today? Got the day off and nothing to do! What a waste of annual leave!

Beedles, theres still time for your pre ivf ironic pregnancy! x

Morning all!

Sorry to hear about AF Scarlett and Beedle. Hope that letter comes through soon Beedle it's good to have a date to aim for.

Hope you're not in as much pain today Scarlett

That's the best news Boo

Soph what cupcakes are you going to make. I love baking. The biscuits and cookies came out so well!! MrMayve got in from work this morning and demolished a load grin

Soph80 Tue 26-Feb-13 10:21:29

maybe something pretty I think! Glitter at the ready! xx

Ooh yes Soph love a bit if edible glitter me grin

it has been brought to my attention that there has been a lot of mention of cake over here so have come to see if theres any about.
geek how's the recovery going?
keep what's next for you?
sorry af got you scarlett and was it beedle too? hope the cramps are better today.
waves at everyone else cos I've forgotten what else I read. grin

ControlGeek Tue 26-Feb-13 12:55:46

scarlett so sorry AF is giving you a rotten time. I hope hugging the hot thing helps. I'm glad she arrived on the right day, if she had to arrive at all though. You are now on track, and this is day 1 of your IVF pregnancy. I can feel it in my stitches waters, this is the one for you!

maybe and olives we could be a great team - I can breathe for England! You do the stretching and I'll lounge on the sofa measuring my breath. Seriously, in the shred cool downs JM says 'sit on the floor with your legs as far apart as you can manage' - I can't even get mine to be at right angles from each other, it stretches like fury just to sit on the floor with my legs straight. But breathing? Oh yes, I can do breathing grin

olives any news? I didn't even realise they swept chimmeys so many times - I thought it was once and that's your lot! <lot to learn>

mmmm solars how was the lemon drizzle cake? If there's any left I'll be over to your party in a flash. SFF is always good, but it can still happen naturally for you my lovely, even the dr thought so. Whichever way it happens, you will have your brooking baby.

maybe how do you make custard creams??

soph annual leave without plans is the best kind to have grin Hope the cupcakes turn out well, and that there are enough to share here.

boo that's amazing news, I'm so so pleased for you, and for teenboo. Long may it continue to do nothing!

beedle damn AF, it's bad enough when she gets one brooker, but two is just not on. I'm with MrB on chasing the clinic, you won't want for them to realise at the last minute that they need to be seeing you and then don't have a slot. They should surely be able to let you know when the first appointment is, even if it's not for some time?

cartoon pleeeeaaase take my share of the cake and the crumpets, and the pains au chocolat, and the quavers, and the yoghurt covered raisins as it's weigh-in night tonight and I'm actually thinking of going.

Recovery is still happening here, but it's a lot slower than I had hoped. I'm moving well today but can't seem to shift this bruised ache feeling just under my belly button. None of my clothes are very comfy at the moment but I know it's still early days, and I feel very different now to how I did this time last week so hopefully I'll be ok for going back to work on Monday. I was hoping to just enjoy this second week off as though it was annual leave hmm

MrG is back to work, and my mum has gone back home so just pottering around the house is the order of the day smile

keepitgoing Tue 26-Feb-13 15:19:13

First stabbing done!!! smile

scar have you started? My next scan and blood test are on Sat 8am grr

Am home now so will do a proper catch up in the morning, by when I hope miniolives will have arrived! Shattered now.

Love to all x

Soph80 Tue 26-Feb-13 15:27:37

keep seriously 0am? Thats bizarre, does it really matter if you wait a bit longer? x

ControlGeek Tue 26-Feb-13 15:48:31

ooooh well done keep !!! Sorry about the v early morning scan and bloods, but it will all be worth it in the end smile

ScarlettInSpace Tue 26-Feb-13 16:45:20

I just got back from my scan, everything looked good, she said she could see 2 small follicles on the L and 3 on the R so there is something there before we start which makes me happy. She did say they may not all develop and we may stim new different ones, but as far as I'm concerned, at this moment in time we have more follies than we had at the end of the last attempt so that has to be a good thing! Plus we are going maximum dose stims so I have told my ovaries this time they have NO EXCUSE for not responding.

Start jabs tonight keep, I'm also back on saturday, at the more reasonable time of 10am grin it does mean I miss a family thing on satuyrday morning but OH can go with the SK's and the IL's and I'll meet them later, no biggie.

Soph80 Tue 26-Feb-13 17:01:08

Scar, thats great news. Hopefully this is your month xxx

what a good load of treats you have there geek I'd be happy to help you out wink .
well done on the stabbing keep
brooking for you and your follies scarlett

NewYearNewBoo Tue 26-Feb-13 17:33:03

There has been a mahoosive sneeze over on grads, pop over and have a look, you need to mark your places anyway winkgrin

Soph80 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:48:39

I can't even bare to look sad

Well done Olives!! What a whopper!

Brilliant news about your scan Scarlett

Keep how'd the first jab go?

Geek I hope you didn't go to weigh in <stern face>. The custard creams are amazing. It's like a shortbread pastry type thing nd a lovely icing middle. Nom.

ControlGeek Tue 26-Feb-13 19:57:49

Oh my word 10lb 14oz! I'm in pain just thinking about it. So that was the last of the tripe whammies <sniff> Who's next - boo , is it you?

ControlGeek Tue 26-Feb-13 19:59:27

x-post maybe yes I did make it to weigh in, and I have lost 1lb since the last time they weighed me grin I won't be going again for a while, I have rather a lot of choclate dates and raisins to work off first not to mention the remaining 7 pains au choclat still in the bread bin and the 8 packets of quavers calling my name Still, I'm being good tonight - three-cheese cheese burger with onion rings grin

Solars Tue 26-Feb-13 20:24:42

Well done on the first jab Keep All systems go for you and Scarlett now, grow, follies grow!!

Lemon drizzle cake was very good, Geek it was a Nigella recipe and we just finished off the last slices for dessert this evening sad think I'll be popping round yours for some pain au chcolat & quavers tmrw grin Well done on the weight loss.

Beedle sounds like a call is in order

What are you making today Maybe for MrM?

Have you decided what glittery cakes you're going to make Soph?

Soph80 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:17:39

Solars, I basically sat on my arse blowing my nose ALL DAY as I have a stinking cold and AF came today grrr. Not sure I'll have time this week now as I've booked my first session of acupuncture for tomorrow!!!! Probably should really spend my money and time on cakes but I've got to give it a go lol x

NewYearNewBoo Tue 26-Feb-13 22:10:39

Very envy of all the cake talk, can't wast to get rid of the gd so I can indulge again!!

Not my turn yet Geek tis Froot first. You will know when it is my turn, I will be hiding grin!! I can't believe you went to weigh in, crazy lady!! Good news about the loss though!

Off to bed now, bloody tired.

ControlGeek Tue 26-Feb-13 22:20:56

I seem to remember there were a few of us a while back reading the hunger games. Has anyone read the whole series? I've just finished it and am sitting here feeling emotionally drained. For a teen/young adult series that was pretty heavy stuff.

ControlGeek Tue 26-Feb-13 22:21:58

of course boo how could I forget froot ??? I was lying in bed last night trying to remember how many undergrad brookers there were, and who was in the current grad line-up <sad>

This thread is not accepting new messages.