Brooking NO ARGUMENT that those BFPs are on the way

(1000 Posts)
SweetieTime Sun 27-Jan-13 09:23:02

Not started a new Fred before but hope it is successful for us as we are going to get our BFPs, either by traditional rat smacking activities or using the power of medical science.

Ladies I do declare WE WILL GET THERE - FACT !!!

CruCru Sat 09-Feb-13 13:44:46

Sorry Geek, forgot to say, yes I'm still having lots of drugs.

Solars Sat 09-Feb-13 16:38:19

Hello, hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!! Got some time to catch up with you all today.

Cru how long are you on the drugs for? Do you get to have an early scan too?

Cups hope you're doing ok.

Hope you're not still suffering from AF Maybe and hope MrM's surprise party goes well, how exciting! When I was a student we lived in an old draughty house and one of my friends used to walk around with her hot water bottle stuck down the front of her track suit bottoms tied with her bathrobe belt confused very fetching!

Sweetie hope as everyone says that the issue with your bloods is easily rectified. How are you feeling about it all? Hope you and DH made up too, I was not very nice with MrS this morning but he did tell me we had to reschedule our initial consultation as he forgot about a course he is meant to be on, grrrrrr, I'm sick of all this waiting around!

Keep how did it go today? Don't you worry about mentalling, we'll all be here to get you through it.

Geek the ovarian drilling sounds very scary, why on earth have they said they are doing this if as you say you are ovulating? Hope MrG's toothache is better, I feel his pain.

My toothache was excruciating especially since I had to wait a whole week to get to be seen by a dentist. The pain was so bad on Wednesday night and my jaw was swelling up too so DH prescribed me antibiotics as he suspected it to be an infection. Fridays dentists appointment wasn't too bad after all, dentist agreed with DH's course of action and just gave me a clean up although the dental technician was pressing the suction thing right where my infection was so very painful. Thankfully the pain has more or less subsided now.

Also I think AF is on its way today, lots of cramps and feeling emotional which also means that the ivf has increased my lp to 16 days sad

Waves to all not name checked, hope everyone is doing ok x

ControlGeek Sat 09-Feb-13 17:15:02

Yay!! work is finished for the weekend, no need for me to go back in tomorrow smile

cru ouch to the idea of progesterone injections in the bum! I thought they were normally taken as suppositories blush Did they have to shut down your ovaries in order to do the FET or is that a separate issue? And less of the cracks about getting older now you're 34, madam some of us are a bit older than that! Isn't it easy for our fellas to have these quaint notions though - I'm sure the human race would have died out by now if it was men who had to go through what we do!

solars I'm glad you were able to sort your toothache out in the end, but that's appalling that they couldn't see you for a week. Good for DH though. MrG obviously didn't take my threat seriously, as he still doesn't have an appointment. He's in a lot of pain and it's interfering with his eating now so he is calling up on Monday morning to get an appointment sorted. What was your LP before IVF? Surely the longer the better no?

I have no idea why they have suggested ovarian drilling, the reason the consultant gave was to try and bring my AMH down (it was 49.1 which was pretty high for someone of my advancing years) but to me, artificially destroying follicles, eggs and parts of my ovary isn't going to help me get pregnant. I don't really care about bringing a hormone level down that doesn't need to come down. From a very cynical and mercenary point of view, I did wonder if he threw that in there to try and get as much money out of the NHS as possible.

The cats are playing merry hell this afternoon so I'd best go and rescue what is left of the landing carpet. My fault for teasing them with a laser pointer when I got in I suppose grin

Solars Sat 09-Feb-13 18:07:59

Geek I too would definitely be against the ovarian drilling for all the reasons you mention. Amh levels can change too. Great you don't have to go into work tomorrow.

Lp was 14 days before, it just makes the 2ww even longer sad

CruCru Sat 09-Feb-13 18:38:13

Hi Geek,

Yes they did shut my ovaries down with a nasal spray but that caused my liver some problems. Sorry, wasn't meant to be a dig about the age - it was more that this time I am finding it harder. Glad to hear you aren't doing any more work this weekend.

Hey Solars, Im on the drugs for another 6/7 weeks. You know I had some period like cramps this month. May not mean you have to give up hope.

ControlGeek Sat 09-Feb-13 19:14:40

oh cru I wasn't having a go, I'm sorry sad

Does anybody else have rl euphemisms for DTD? I am currently fuming that MrG has cried off my promised post-work 'afternoon delight' because of his toothache which I first told him to make an appointment about last wednesday grrr

CruCru Sat 09-Feb-13 19:40:03

Hey Geek, no need to be sorry. I used to ask DH if he was feeling shaggy. I don't think he found it very subtle though.

keepitgoing Sun 10-Feb-13 04:02:55

Hi all! I am iui-d up. The scan showed I had just ovulated, so Dr said that was 'perfect' timing, I of course am worried its too late. But lining is a bit thin, 6.5mm, so I am on....... HRT!!! Which is basically just oestrogen, but seems weird. I have five days till potential implantation to plump it up.

solars my lp is 16 days too. It's annoying, huh! maybe has a long one too. Hope yours goes back to normal, or actually that its eight months. Sorry you had to reschedule the appt, how far back are you moving it?

Two birth announcements on fb this morning. Argh.

geek glad you're not at work today. T-8!! We sometimes say 'hanky panky' for dtd.

maybe tell all about the party.

Off to ivf pre-consult, this time with dh. I spend my life in clinics!!!!

BartletForTeamGB Sun 10-Feb-13 07:22:36

Just popping to Brook for you all. Hope the IUI works, keep.

We'll have three graduates from the antenatal thread in the next few weeks so there will be plenty of space for you all. (I'm being induced on Friday with the Giant Baby, so bets on just how big he or she is are welcome!) I do hope that there are lots of BFP announcements here very, very soon.

CruCru Sun 10-Feb-13 08:08:07

That's very exciting keep!

Withalittlesparkle Sun 10-Feb-13 08:17:17

Fwiw I frequently asked mrsparks for a bonk!! Apparently that's a very sexy word!!

keep so excited that you've had your iui!! We're totally due a BFP!!!

NewYearNewBoo Sun 10-Feb-13 08:30:37

Keep brooking like mad for your BFP!

keepitgoing Sun 10-Feb-13 11:54:59

AskED, sparks... Is there no bonking once diffed?! shock

NewYearNewBoo Sun 10-Feb-13 12:10:10

Not in my house now Keep apparently leaky norks, drippy fanjo and a bleeding nose ain't sexy grin

When we did it was as easy as 'Mr boo, early night?? Mr boo is a man of few words and is more of a night time nudger grin

Withalittlesparkle Sun 10-Feb-13 12:25:50

keep there have been about 3 occasions when I've felt almost been possibly inclined to maybe have a little tumble, but then a wave of nausea has hit or I've fallen asleep before I've been able to do anything about it! And then there's the gas and bloating.....

Soph80 Sun 10-Feb-13 12:27:33

Hi Brookers! Not been around for a while. Is everyone ok? Any good news? x

ControlGeek Sun 10-Feb-13 12:27:52

You mean you punch poor MrB in the nose when you were DTD boo??? <shocked>

ControlGeek Sun 10-Feb-13 12:29:38

oops meant to also say a huge congrats and brookin-for-ya to keep the IUI sounds perfectly well timed, and I am sure that lining will plump up in no time with all that extra oestrogen.

bartlet how giant is giant? Have they said it's going to be a big 'un? If so my money is on 9lb 10 <winces>

NewYearNewBoo Sun 10-Feb-13 12:36:38

Oh yes I forgot to mention everything Sparks said too, in the early weeks I was too ill/tired then as soon as I felt better my body went all leaky on me blush

And Geek no, I have not taken to violence in the boudoir, tis me with the bloody nose sad it doesn't take much to set the bugger off these days.

keepitgoing Sun 10-Feb-13 14:07:54

shock 40 weeks sans sex? shock

Dh is hoping preg hormones will make me rampant...

Thanks for all the brooking! Btw think I forgot to tell you my amh is normal!! Also no stds... Still unexplained then, sigh.

Hi soph what news?

Solars Sun 10-Feb-13 14:48:37

Errrrm Geek I usually say 'you hoooo' or sometimes even whistle to get DH's attention then wink and nod my head in the direction of the bedroom and he amazingly gets up and follows me..... blush

Great news about your amh Keep and I have everything crossed for this iui. How was your pre-ivf consultation? Re the appointment, hoping they can give us the week after but we'll see, grrrrr!

Bartlet I'm going for 8lb 3

Waves to Soph

AF is residing chez solars at the moment, lots of tears this morning and a long talk with DH which helped so now ready to get on with the next cycle sad Off to watch The Life of Pi a little later, very much looking forward to it although it's been a while since I've the read the book. How's everybody else's weekend been?

Soph80 Sun 10-Feb-13 14:59:11

keepingitgoing - any pregnancy news?!!!! Can't imagine me ever getting preggers now so need to hang onto other peoples good news to keep me semi-optimistic lol.

Solars - waves back. Sorry about your AF, sending big hugs. Anyway, today is the first day of your next chance to get your BFP xxxx

keepitgoing Sun 10-Feb-13 15:14:23

We had cartoon get preggers at the start of Jan, and cru just recently through fet, but its been slow for ages... Are you still on clomid? How are things with you?

solars argh!! So sorry. God, this is so damned hard. I can't imagine it ever happening either... Life of pi is good, dh made us watch it in 3d, which normally I hate, but did enjoy it. Glad you have a lovely dh...

Ivf appt was ok. They made dh do a load of blood tests, which he said was just for money. We are all ready, just phone on cd1. Of course, we are brooking she won't arrive, but if she has to then she must NOT arrive early, else I'll still be in Laos and cycle will be kaput. Not before 25th, hear that you evil old hag!!!!

Soph80 Sun 10-Feb-13 15:31:26

Ah thats good for cartoon and cru. Yeh still on clomid. Kinda crashed down to earth with a thud when AF came though as I'd pinned so much on getting pregnant as soon as I started clomid! Think I thought it would be the answer to everything even though I was already ovulating just fine before. The doc has reduced my dosage to 50mg. Too late for this month as on CD15 so heres to hoping for twins this month!!!!

I LOVE Laos, where abouts are you going? x

Solars Sun 10-Feb-13 15:33:35

Thanks Soph & Keep we will all get there <bangs gavel>

I feel the same too about 3d Keep but everyone keeps saying its quite visually stunning.... Were DH's bloods for hep b,c etc? Also are you doing the short protocol? Is that why you need to be back for cd1? When does the drug taking start? Brooking of course you don't need the ivf x

This thread is not accepting new messages.