BFP in 2013

(922 Posts)
RedRobin1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:02:18

Hello - starting a new one as the old one filled up.....

Didn't want to start another...but I really hope this is the last thread for all of us.

RedRobin1 Fri 01-Feb-13 17:57:06

How are you doing fatas? Good luck for your results tomorrow. Hope your optimism wins and wishful thinking but I hope the first scan was a mistake. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.....

I wish they had a hug icon on mn!

fatasbutter Fri 01-Feb-13 18:48:31

Thanks red - I wish there was a hug icon too! MNHQ - find us one!!

I just ate two fat buttery crumpets (just after a cinnamon raisin bagel also drenched in delicious butter!) I love fat and butter!!! Shame it only makes you feel better while you are eating it... Now, what's next <plunders carb packed cupboard> wink

Thingymajigs Fri 01-Feb-13 19:14:13

Fatas, raid the biscuit tin! I've only just lost the Christmas biscuit weight. It was worth every calorie. Hope everything is ok tomorrow.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 01-Feb-13 20:38:07

Mmmm biscuit tin grin, I know what you mean fatas I have a sweet tooth and a fat tooth [doom emoticon]

Also the gods of ttc are clearly taking this piss this month. I definitely have a cold coming on. Dh's dad has a flu and is on his arse - I am praying it doesn't turn into that.

Also dh's best friend came round, he is having work done on his house and has been staying in a hotel. I asked him is his house liveable in. He said just about - what he actually meant was there's no electric, gas or water and all the floorboards are up. So no not at all liveable.

I told him he simply must come and stay with us for a few weeks while it gets sorted. He moves in on Sunday.

It suddenly hit me argh we need to be dtd. How the fuck are we going to dtd with him around. Argh

weechops Sat 02-Feb-13 09:23:30

red really sorry sad

fatas thinking of you x

when sneaky shags in the upstairs loo while he's downstairs? Quickies in the kitchen while he's in the shower? Umm really quiet ones at nighttime? You will manage! grin

twinklestar2 Sat 02-Feb-13 10:43:27

Hi all

Cd11 here so should start dtd but really CBA!!

RedRobin1 Sat 02-Feb-13 11:11:50

when try to keep really still and put something under the bed posts so it doesn't creak too much wink

AF hasn't started yet-bloody annoying as my cycles getting longer and longer. Going for a walk in the sunshine. Feels like spring today. Lots of birds twittering.

Winkle - know the feeling.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 02-Feb-13 12:17:54

red so af still hasn't arrived. I am recrossing my fingers for you.

Come on winkle get dtd.

weechops good plan. If we dtd in my office he would be quite far away so wouldn't hear a thing.

Cd15 here and got a grin on the opk. Bloody good job I started early this month dtd on Tues and last night so definitely need to convince dh to shag me tonight. Have got a cold coming on so will have to pretend to be well.

resipsa Sat 02-Feb-13 14:30:56

red I know I shouldn't say it but...breakthrough bleeding maybe?

Was in a good mood here until 2 mins ago when got text from DM to say that cousin who married (a surgeon! in Malta! DM much prefers him to my DH) in May is 12 weeks. Oh joy. hmm

resipsa Sat 02-Feb-13 14:32:05

fatas what's the score? Fx for you.

resipsa Sat 02-Feb-13 15:54:56

Had row with DH. DD asleep. Am bored and only 3DPO!

Anyone got any good news/jokes???

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 02-Feb-13 16:57:11

No good news or jokes. What was the row about (guessing it was ttc related)?

Just need to get dh to shag me again tonight, it's a bit of a big ask two nights in a row but hopefully he will comply.

fatasbutter Sat 02-Feb-13 18:07:14

Hi all. No news yet - have to wait til tomorrow morning! Been feeling sick and exhausted all day! Would be ironic if got lots of symptoms now!! wink

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 02-Feb-13 18:12:29

fatas it's crap if you suddenly get symptoms for no reason. Best of luck for tomorrow's results.

Dh has promised to dtd later smile I feel like I'm about to come down with some hideous virus and am doing my best to pretend I'm well.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 02-Feb-13 18:17:05

resipsa sorry about the news of your cousins pregnancy. I've decided to stop looking at Facebook for a while as at the moment there's a new pregnancy announcement every couple of days.

Honestly it's like they've put something in the water but I'm not getting my share of it. envy

Thingymajigs Sat 02-Feb-13 18:32:48

Woo! You're on a promise when. smile Lucky you. wink It's ridiculous how weird sex gets when you're TTC. Suddenly theres a role reversal which the man isn't as happy about as he once dreamed and then theres the strict time restraints. I think I'll look back and laugh at how serious we were about dtd in a few years. Hopefully anyway.
I'm being really frugal atm to save for our holiday, pay off my small overdraft and secretly to save for a possible IUI if it comes to that. I won't tell DP about that though. He'll think its unnecessary but I'd like to be prepared.

fatasbutter Sat 02-Feb-13 18:50:08

Ah when dose yourself up with paracetamol and plenty fluids and fx you'll be just fine - and then you can be ill for 48h til you require more sperm! wink

thingy I know what you mean about saving for iui but not saying to DH - mine would be the same but at least you feel you are doing something - otherwise the rest of TTC is so out of your hands hmm

fatasbutter Sat 02-Feb-13 18:51:38

red haven't you tested yet?! shock

twinklestar2 Sat 02-Feb-13 18:57:38

Res I beginning to hate those people who get pregnant quickly after getting married.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 02-Feb-13 19:04:27

thingy you probably won't need iui but its best to be prepared. Dh seems quite up for sex I've clearly been underest

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 02-Feb-13 19:08:03

Underestimating his sex drive damn you iPhone -posted too soon

fatas how did you know my plan. Honestly the second I get some sperm in me (I assume that's what you meant by plenty of fluids grin) I am going to take to my sick bed.

SunshineOutdoors Sat 02-Feb-13 19:09:53

Hi, sorry for the pregnancy announcements from friends etc., I've deliberately never announced on Facebook, I'm all too aware how annoying that can be to read. People who know me well enough to need to know don't need fb to find out.

I'm still lurking here obviously and hoping that there will be some lovely news on this thread.

weechops I hope you're doing ok and feeling physically recovered now.

fatas not sure if you're here or on other thread or both but I'm thinking of you.

And the rest of you too, of course smile

fatasbutter Sat 02-Feb-13 19:13:33

Yes when that's what I meant grin

Hi sunshine I'm sort of on both Freds really (after my dramatic goodbye on the other Fred!) you are all lovely so I am spreading myself around blush

resipsa Sat 02-Feb-13 19:37:45

Hi when. Row was DD related, rather than TTC. All part of the same bag in a way! Guess you've had your supply for the weekend by now wink!

red we're still interested...

Hope you're doing OK, wee and fatas.

Hi thingy. I know this thread isn't really the place but when we went to the fertility clinic , they basically said IUI was a waste of money. Part of me sees the point as success rates are quite low but the other part thinks, yeah, you're bound to say that cause it's so much less profitable for you than IVF. HATE the thought of someone potentially profiting from our TTC wait but that's life, I know (no pun intended).

Bet my DM thinks my cousin's baby will walk on water. Jealous, me?smile

Just popping over to see how you are fatas? Hope you are coping with the waiting ok, will be over again tomorrow to see how things are xx

Hope the rest of you are all doing ok too thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now