BFP in 2013

(922 Posts)
RedRobin1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:02:18

Hello - starting a new one as the old one filled up.....

Didn't want to start another...but I really hope this is the last thread for all of us.

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 12:21:10

Oh god Mother Nature can be so cruel. I had the most vivid dream that I was pregnant - very early days so no bump but still pregnant. When I woke up I was so confused and then crushingly disappointed when I realised it was just a dream sad

If I hadn't been ttc for ages (which has made me old and cynical!!) I'd have said the OV pain and the EWCM on the right day yesterday coupled with the lovely sex we had last night was the one that got me pregnant!

RedRobin1 Sat 09-Mar-13 13:31:17

winkle!!!!!!! That is sooo spooky. I had a dream I was a mum and holding my very cute gorgeous baby and then woke up to reality sad you are def my twin.

Your month looks good though - hsg, ewcm and OV pain! Seems like things are lining up for tht bfp so long deserved.

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 13:54:23

Or maybe I'm just setting myself up for a massive fall! <old and cynical>

RedRobin1 Sat 09-Mar-13 15:10:46

Just realised its Mother's Day tomorrow and in not a mum yet confused this time last year I was planning to spend my first mother day with a baby.

When will it be our turn!?! This month is going to be our last chance for a 2013 baby sad would be great to have a little one by Christmas.

How cruel does this have to get before I get my bfp!

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 15:36:20

Yep red this is my second Mother's Day without a baby! It is cruel, that's a good word for it.

Alexandra6 Sat 09-Mar-13 16:11:51

My second without a baby. My mum had had over 10 mother's days with children by the time she was my age! sad

Alexandra6 Sat 09-Mar-13 16:12:46

Ps it does look good for you winkle!

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 18:23:38

Thx Alex. This would be so the right month for me to get pregnant. Aside from the things above that I listed (weird dreams, ov pain, etc) I've also given up all hope and relaxed about it, I've just passed my 12 week review at my new job so I'm now a perm member of staff and my husband drastically cut back drinking 3 months ago / beginning of year and they say it takes 3 months for new sperm to be produced. Fingers crossed hey!!!!!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 09-Mar-13 18:31:12

twinkle red & alex sorry about the impending Mother's Day stuff. If it makes you feel any better Mother's Day is actually quite rubbish with a small child.

They have no clue what is going on so you just get a card and chocs from your dh and then you have to spend time with you own mum too (and your dh's). I find the whole thing a pain in the ass.

Really hope you guys get some BFPs soon. You all really deserve it.

RedRobin1 Sat 09-Mar-13 18:35:46

Praying and wishing this is your month winkle

"go on sperm get that egg!!!"

Thingymajigs Sat 09-Mar-13 18:56:36

I hope it's a sign winkle. I had a few of those dreams too, it always a disappointment after I wake up and realise I'm not pregnant and its a Monday morning.
Hugs to those finding Mother's Day difficult. Hopefully this time next year you will all get a card. smile
I'm still waiting for AF. This is stupid now. Feels like its about to start any minute but never does. One thing for sure is that I got ovulation completely wrong this cycle. I hate the expense of OPK's but might go for it. Oh, I got DP to fetch some soy thingies for me to try out too.

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 20:27:46

OMG thingy not pregnant AND Monday morning! Worst thing ever!!

DulcetMoans Sat 09-Mar-13 23:16:10

Hi all! I was around for a few months last year but had to put TTC on hold for a bit. Currently have AF but then we are back on board with trying from next week. I'm a little nervous but excited I guess. Still remember the heart ache from before though so trying not to get my hopes up. Gonna try 'just shagging' for a bit before touching the left over sticks.

Hi to anyone I knew on here before, but hopefully you've all popped off to the pregnant threads now!

(Will try catch up with the thread convo but getting used to new app at the mo!)

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 23:24:58

I remember you dulcet!

Thingymajigs Sun 10-Mar-13 07:44:25

Hi dulcet. smile
Haha, I know winkle. I love the happy realisation that its Saturday or Sunday.
AF has finally arrived. Too late though for me to enjoy some wine though. hmm I only really drink on Saturdays during AF or before ovulation. Quite fed up about that but I'm looking forward to a new cycle and trying out the soya iso's.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 10-Mar-13 08:47:23

Hi dulcet best of luck ttc again.

thingy very best of luck with the soy, I highly recommend it.

Thingymajigs Sun 10-Mar-13 09:20:01

Thanks. I'm willing to give anything a try atm, I've even bought more OPK's to see if they work better for me this time. What dosage did you take?

Alexandra6 Sun 10-Mar-13 09:32:10

Hi dulcet I've been ttc for 15 months, just trying clomid for the first time (have PCOS) and THINK I ovulated last Weds so in 2ww! Welcome back to the joys of ttc wink Damn she got you thingy - but good plan to try soy - worked for when! Was just thinking, do you think OPKs are pretty reliable? Wondering how much to trust my lovely smiley face earlier this week!

Thingymajigs Sun 10-Mar-13 09:37:08

I'm not sure how reliable they are but when I used them with temping I found that I had a temperature rise 4 days after the smiley face. It kind of made it a bit pointless but I haven't heard of anyone else having the same problem. I'm hoping my cycles may have settled by now but I'll check with temping too.

RedRobin1 Sun 10-Mar-13 09:51:02

Hi dulcet remember you from before. Hope you don't have to wait too long now for that bfp.

thingy hope AF arrives so you can get on with the next cycle. I hate that limbo feeling when it chooses to arrive a few days late...and gets your hopes up only to come crashing back down.

alex fx for your bfp this month. I trust the OPKs more than the temping. A smiley face is a smiley face. Plus your scans showed a mature follie in line with the opk so most likely you have ovulated smile

twinklestar2 Sun 10-Mar-13 17:41:42

After my dream I was pregnant I dreamt last night I was having IVF (sigh)

twinklestar2 Mon 11-Mar-13 09:04:43

Morning all we managed another dtd last night so that's cd14, 16 and 18. Might go one more time on cd20 but OV signs were def on cd16 so I think we're covered.

Alexandra6 Mon 11-Mar-13 12:44:46

Good work winkle! I really hope I ov'd when I think I did as didn't manage to DTD on Thurs/Fri because DH was out at work do's and got smashed AND I could smell smoke when he got in and he confessed he'd had a few (doesn't usually smoke, just drunk social smoking) - what's he thinking though! We only have a few cycles on clomid and he's meant to be growing good swimmers - and he was also in no state to dtd in case ov was later than I thought! In his defence, he's usually an amazing DH and has been brilliant on the ttc journey...but still!! Am I a nagging ttc obsessed wife??

Grannyapple Mon 11-Mar-13 14:00:29

Hi ladies....not sure if you remember me but I was on here last summer...5 cycles later got pg...& am now 5 months pg! I realise 5 cycles is sod all compared to some of you....I have friends who were trying for 3 yrs, went down the IVF route..got pg..then got pg again (naturally) when they're little one was 10wks old!! So there is hope..

But just wanted to say that I found OPK's useful...I had no idea I ov'd day 14 instead of 16 til I used them...first month using them, I got pg (lucky I know, & I know they don't work for everyone!)..but dtd d9, 12, 14 & 15 that month...

Just wanted to pop on to say hello & sorry to see some are still here & horrific times some of you have had...but please don't give up & it WILL happen for you all soon!

Day off today as its my b'day...but staying in as weather is soo pants...ended up doing housework (borrrring!).

Alexandra6 Mon 11-Mar-13 14:17:53

You sound lovely grannyapple, shame you're not on here anymore - although I'm very glad for your sake you're not smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now