BFP in 2013

(922 Posts)
RedRobin1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:02:18

Hello - starting a new one as the old one filled up.....

Didn't want to start another...but I really hope this is the last thread for all of us.

twinklestar2 Thu 07-Mar-13 10:57:57

Fx she stays away thingy!

I'll be the same as you Alex I think. Won't ever use contraception again and start trying soon afterwards. A friend of mine has two lovely children - her first was 6 months when she fell again! She had problems getting pregnant so I think she had the same idea in mind!

Hi when! Dtd last night for first time this cycle. I'm on cd15 and generally OV cd16 so timing wise it's perfect. But I ran out of bloody sticks for the monitor today grrrrr.

Sometimes I don't feel desperate for a child anymore I just want to get off this bloody rollercoaster!! If time was on my side I would have stopped trying for a while.

RedRobin1 Thu 07-Mar-13 14:38:11

I'll also be in the no contraception club. Can't go through this hell again!

Thingymajigs Thu 07-Mar-13 14:44:45

Thanks. Funeral went fine. But of an error not wearing waterproof mascara though.
I'm with you on wanting to get off this roller coaster. If anything else was causing me this much emotional upheaval I'd cut it from my life. With TTC the only way to stop it is to get pregnant. I've been completely blasé all month but now AF is due I'm feeling the familiar hope and excitement that inevitably leads to a crash. I have to keep telling myself that it will be worth it in the end.

Alexandra6 Thu 07-Mar-13 15:33:08

I'm sorry you're all going through this too...but weirdly quite relieved you're feeling the same frustration and upset about it all - purely because it makes me feel less like an emotional wreck to know it's normal to feel like this when struggling ttc! It is hell red

Having a bad day - after being so positive about finally ovulating (woop), I got annoyed at work because they're putting stress on me (am worried about stress affecting the party that's hopefully going on in my uterus!) So I lost it a bit in a meeting, nearly cried and got all shakey and had a bit of a row with my boss sad I have to remember my plan to keep an emotional distance from work and anything else that could stress me out.

Sorry about the funeral thingy sounds like you had a much worse day than me and am really hoping a BFP comes along instead of witch-face

RedRobin1 Thu 07-Mar-13 17:48:52

Aw alex completely sympathise about work stress. I have too much on my plate right now and travelling away from hubby doesn't help. I have snapped at ppl same as you in that meeting on my bad days or when someone has announced a pregnancy. It's awful what ttc brings out in us sad hopefully it will be over soon for all of us. Hope you get your bfp this month!

thingy fx that AF doesn't show up for you either. We have got to get off this thread soon!!!!! Come on bfps! Start rolling in smile

twinklestar2 Thu 07-Mar-13 23:02:34

I'm off work this week. Have really been enjoying my time off.

I dont know what I feel about TTC anymore. I just want to stop feeling like this every month.

Thingymajigs Fri 08-Mar-13 05:55:53

Hugs all around.
Don't worry alex, stress doesn't affect ovulation or pregnancy unless its really severe. We can stop stressing about our stress apparently.
I can't wait until we are all off here and on chatting away on the pregnancy boards. smile
Do you think you might need a break from TTC winkle? Hopefully the week off will help you relax a bit.
Still no AF but this is the first month I've guessed at ovulation just with CM so I could've been a bit out. I won't get excited until Sunday at the earliest. DP has already gone into full excitement mode though.

Alexandra6 Fri 08-Mar-13 07:14:51

Sorry thingy I'm in full excitement mode for you too smile but then being in the 2ww for the first time has made me a bit excitable!

Stress affects AF though doesn't it, and hormones etc? I'll try to keep my stress levels down just in case - at the very least it helps keep work in perspective!

Was thinking yesterday that my life has become all about ttc and it's what I think about and want to talk about 99% of the time (was thinking about this while I was lying there having acupuncture!). I just got a bit worried that my life has been taken over a bit, I don't enjoy things like I used to. Maybe I should look at planning wkends away with DH, a holiday for June etc. Does anyone else feel a bit consumed by it all? winkle sounds like you need some mental time off it all too? Glad you enjoyed your wk off.

Thingymajigs Fri 08-Mar-13 08:04:41

I'm not really sure. I read an article recently suggesting it takes a lot of stress such as grief or something equally extreme to alter ovulation but I'm not sure about hormones though.
I'm excited for you too. Fingers are crossed for you. smile I understand about feeling consumed by it all. I've had to throw myself into other projects. At the moment it's cooking; I'm learning lots of new recipes and trying to be as frugal as I can to save up for our holiday and of course for any possible baby purchases.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 08-Mar-13 11:32:15

thingy wow you're patient.

Hope af stays away.

twinklestar2 Fri 08-Mar-13 11:48:46

Fx thingy

I just feel like I can't see the end of this ttc business!

Thingymajigs Fri 08-Mar-13 12:29:46

Turns out I'm not that patient. Clear negative and now feeling cramps. DP might be a bit upset this cycle.
Oh well, I get to enjoy some wine this weekend and then onto cycle 10. I might give OPK's another go.
Hope everyone else has better luck. We have got to get off this thread sometime! smile

Alexandra6 Fri 08-Mar-13 12:30:26

I've just realised I'm going on a very boozy hen do abroad towards the end of March, right at the end of the 2ww. Do you think I should go easy on the drink? I probably should, shouldn't I? I can do a test right before I leave but it might be too early to tell. Just don't want to do any damage if I am preggers - at the same time I don't want to be boring on the hen do and then get landed with a BFN anyway! What would you all do?

Alexandra6 Fri 08-Mar-13 12:33:46

Oh thingy sorry crossed post, wasn't being insensitive sad - that's rubbish, have a big old glass of wine or three tonight, and onwards and upwards. Can't wait until we're all in a grad thread together either smile

Thingymajigs Fri 08-Mar-13 12:45:40

I had a similar issue and ended up just opting out of the hen night altogether because I had no idea if I would've been pregnant by then or not. Seems silly now and I should've gone but its tricky to decide.
DP is going to his best friend's stag do and is going to drink moderately which I'm sure will make raise some eyebrows but he doesn't think it's worth the damage it could do if he matched his friends drink for drink.

twinklestar2 Fri 08-Mar-13 12:48:59

I'm so sorry thingy but hope its too early to show.

Alex I would go but take it easy on the drink.

weechops Fri 08-Mar-13 12:56:07

oh thingy big hugs. But still could be too early so fingers tightly crossed.

Af arrived in style this morning, on my 5th anniversary, so no nookie today unfortunately (poor dh smile ) I'm onto cycle 10 now and started with the epo so will see what happens.

If cycle stays at 28 days then dh is due to leave on cd 13, so I'm feeling slightly optimistic that we still have a shot this month. Hoping epo brings ov forward, even by a day would be good.

RedRobin1 Fri 08-Mar-13 13:24:29

So sorry thingy sorry about the bfn and the cramping sad hope you get lucky next month.

wee sorry she arrived on your anniversary day. Hope the EPO brings your OV forward next cycle.

Alex I would do a test day before, fx you don't get to drink on the hen night wink

I am waiting for AF to finish. We won't be able to dtd on OV day as I am away in a hotel during fertile time. I feel I am in a strange weird phase right now. No pressure or rush to get to a BFP, as I just don't believe it will happen soon. I know and I do believe it will happen ONE DAY, just not expecting it to happen anytime soon.

Alexandra6 Fri 08-Mar-13 13:35:54

Thanks girls, but I actually worked out my 2ww wrong! blush so IF I ovulated when I think I did, I should be able to test on 27th which is before the hen wkend anyway! Am going to try go easy anyway because of the clomid I'll be on. thingy your DP is good, my DH is still having boozy nights, I try not to nag him though as don't want ttc to consume him too but I might have a gentle word for the next cycle of clomid!

red could you not dtd just before and after the hotel trip? Good luck with EPO wee I've been taking royal jelly as apparently good for fertility!

twinklestar2 Fri 08-Mar-13 14:59:30

Red that's exactly how I feel. I'llbe married two years next month so that desperation of having a baby straight after getting married has gone - time has done that for me! Now it's just a waiting game.

KerryJewels Fri 08-Mar-13 17:02:52

I wrote a super long post about how this is crazy,and how I was tired of being sad,and then it didn't let me post it.So I guess there was a reason for that..AF is due in two days and I'm sure she will be here...Another chance to have a roll at this thing we call Life I supposesmile When the time is right we will all get our wish....

twinklestar2 Fri 08-Mar-13 17:53:26

What's this? OV pain and EWCM on cd16, ie, the right time? Surely things can't finally be going right for me after all this time?!

weechops Fri 08-Mar-13 18:34:06

Winkle!!! See, spring clean smile go for it!

Alexandra6 Fri 08-Mar-13 18:55:55

Woop woop tell DP to get his feather duster out winks! grin

kerry I TOTALLY understand. I also have the pressure of my career being slightly on hold for this and there may be redundancies at my place at the end of the year...and I can hardly go for hospital apps in a new job. So another reason why I need it to happen ASAP on top of DH's age etc (he's only 37 but so ready for kids too)

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 00:23:57

Have dtd!
Still haven't received the sticks for my CBFM tho grrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now