BFP in 2013

(922 Posts)
RedRobin1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:02:18

Hello - starting a new one as the old one filled up.....

Didn't want to start another...but I really hope this is the last thread for all of us.

KerryJewels Tue 26-Feb-13 17:16:04

Thank you..you too!!What an adventure!Ive been trying all day to get ahold of my RE office to find out how my 3 day/18 day bloodwork panned out.Do you know what they are looking for?I'm sure it's all info pertaining to ovulation..hoping for the best for everyone...a child is truly the greatest gift!!

LeenHS Tue 26-Feb-13 17:18:54

red would preseed/zestica help with swimming upstream?

LeenHS Tue 26-Feb-13 17:28:41

Hi Kerry... I've had the 21 blood before which was all about looking for ovulation and a jump in hormone I think. I'm guessing the 3 day 18 one must be widening the net to check maybe? But I don't know so hopefully someone else can help. Welcome to the thread! Fingers crossed for you and everyone.

Adsum my bleeding is so light - this is my first week - was a bit heavier at the weekend but nothing too major... does that mean I'm in for a lot more next week? It's so confusing. I wish I knew what was going on in there.... hope you are nearly reaching the end (or new beginning I should say).

RedRobin1 Tue 26-Feb-13 18:12:15

kerry the day 3 blood test checks for balance in LH and FSH hormones. The results of this one are used to check if you have PCOS and making sure lh/fsh ratios are correct for hormonal balance. The balance needs to be right for you to be able to ovulate.

The day 21 (perhaps your day 18) checks your progesterone level. This confirms if you have ovulated. Anything over 30 for progesterone confirms OV.

KerryJewels Tue 26-Feb-13 18:28:59

Thanks red...I'm sure they told me..but they give so much info at those appointments it's hard to take it all in.Well I forsure have PCOS but maybe because I was a bit younger it didn't prevent me from having my children..I only had been trying three months and the RE put me on Clomid...i guess she figured it wouldn't hurt...I'm hoping it helps!Just the blood work..no looking at follicles..no checking for cysts...hope she knows what she's doing...I seemed urgent with my biological clock so I think she was aiming to please..and she did.Whats up with the cramps and bloating?Does it go away?Well sorry for writing a book...no one else is interested in any of this..but you guyssmile

Thingymajigs Tue 26-Feb-13 18:43:40

Hi kerry. smile
Glad to hear everything's ok with you when. Not so great about the tiredness but I suppose it is encouraging. I bet the 2ww seems like nothing in comparison to a 2ww got a scan.
leen I get low temps too. Usually on the day of ovulation mine drops to 35.6 which apparently means I'm seriously ill or dead. I took it once when I came in from the cold and it read 33! It's best to avoid googling these things.
Not long to wait now red although I think I remember that you have a longer luteal phase. Hopefully you won't need to think about any extra intervention too much before you get your BFP.
Hi twinkle and alex and anyone else I may have missed.
Oh, I'm actually still 5-6 dpo not 7. Getting way ahead of myself.

KerryJewels Tue 26-Feb-13 18:55:53

Just watched a video on Facebook with a Dad giving his daughter away at her wedding..blubbering like a baby..what is wrong with me?????lol

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 26-Feb-13 21:30:34

Hi red I took 80mg everyday for 5 days. Took it cd4 to 9 (picked those days because I only picked up the pills on cd4).

Oi twinkle no more talk of twins. I'm hoping for one healthy embryo only smile

Best of luck to you all. Big welcome to kerry

Adsum Tue 26-Feb-13 23:07:34

Leen I'm not sure what levels of bleeding one should expect!! I'm having only a little bit today but it went right down and then heavy again a few days ago so I'm not hopeful just yet!! Ill do another preg test at the weekend and hopefully that will be negative (!) - oh the things we wish for...! It's 2 weeks ago tomorrow since my erpc so will see what tomorrow brings... Hope you're settles soon

Oh and hello everyone else and welcome Kerry! smile

KerryJewels Wed 27-Feb-13 10:11:02

Thanks for the wonderful welcomessmile Does Clomid cause insomnia for anyone else..I've been up since 4am!!!I was thinking also we might be on different times as I'm in the US....

Thingymajigs Wed 27-Feb-13 13:44:21

Hi Kerry, I haven't tried clomid but I know it can cause a few hormonal issues so it could be due to that. I'm quite surprised by how many people on mumsnet are from the US. I hadn't realised until a few days ago. When I first joined 8 years ago it was a much smaller site.
I can't wait until I can get back on birth control or at least till my hormones calm down. I'm covered in spots and its making me really self conscious. Worrying about wrinkles AND acne is just not fair.

weechops Wed 27-Feb-13 13:54:13

I know this was discussed not long ago, but I can't remember - how can I try and bring on ovulation a bit earlier? Is it soy? Dh was meant to be home for 3 weeks after this trip, but has now told me he's going back after 2 gah! OV next month looks like it'll be 2 or 3 days after he's gone, so I want to try and speed the bugger up smile

KerryJewels Wed 27-Feb-13 14:06:18

So finally the much awaited phone call from doc just occurred...so my FSH level at day # 3 was 5.5 and antimalarian(spelling?) was 3.1 my progesterone at day #18 was 2.0 which she said was low but she thinks it indicated I ovulated later than day 14..which I knew I did.So heading to the lab to check the progesterone level again..pray it went up;)It's the first cycle of Clomid and I'm already so ready to be done with it..Hope everything is well with all of you...GOODLUCK BABY MAKING!!!!

Thingymajigs Wed 27-Feb-13 14:22:17

I found that EPO and vitex brought mine on much earlier but that could have been a coincidence. With EPO I ovulated 5 days earlier than the previous month and vitex brought it on another 2 days earlier. There's no way to tell if it would've done that anyway.

RedRobin1 Wed 27-Feb-13 15:19:15

Hi wee I am focusing on the early OV too. The earliest I have OVed (3 cycles out of 10) is CD13 and the latest I have OVed is CD18 (2 cycles out of 10)

I do believe stress and health have def affected my OV to push back beyond day 16. I don't know if it will help but at least it will make my cycles shorter.
The temping was really irritating my ovaries I think because the cycles I temped, only 1 cycle was OV on day 14, the other 3 were all day 17/18. I tested this theory this month by not temping and using OPKs only after day 16 to see if I had OVed early, and I had.

EPO just made all the twinges and OV pain very very prominent. I could feel my follies growing literally. Cycles without EPO, I had no OV pain. Might give soy a go.

Alexandra6 Wed 27-Feb-13 15:30:10

Just had my second scan (CD 13) and it doesn't look like the clomid is working, they found a follie which was bigger than all my little PCOS follicles, but they said it isn't big enough to look like it will ovulate. They're getting me back again on Monday to check in case of late ovulation but it's not looking good. Reading about you trying to ovulate earlier though red I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't give up hope...can you still get a BFP with late ovulation if your cycles are long?

RedRobin1 Wed 27-Feb-13 17:06:00

alex I'd keep dtding because you never know if / when the egg will pop. Fx for you for your scan on Monday. Plus Clomid will bring out strong eggs so even if you OV late you are in with a good chance of a BFP.

resipsa Wed 27-Feb-13 19:46:34

OMG, you guys, you're talking about exactly what I am worrying about here on CD18 with no +ve OPK yet (and I usually get one on CD17(ish)). I took soy and agnus castus this month after when's success. I'm now worried that the soy has delayed OV or worse buggered up my otherwise normal cycle. Took it on CDs5-9 and only on Day 8 did I read that you should avoid it if you have normal cycles! But, on the other hand, I can't really think it works straightaway and am sure I have read that it takes 3 months to get into your system.
So, I'd say don't take soy to bring OV forward! Praying for my smiley tomorrow!

weechops Wed 27-Feb-13 20:25:20

Right ok I think I'll get some EPO tomorrow then to try. I guess it can't hurt since dh might not be here anyway otherwise smile

res I read that too, that it doesn't work straight away, so I would think you'll get that smiley tomorrow

RedRobin1 Wed 27-Feb-13 20:47:58

Ah! Thanks for the heads up res I might just try a couple more cycles without extra supplements.

The stuff on Fertility Week This Morning seems good. Today was about SA but again wasn't the answers I was looking for. I guess it's good for people not aware of fertility issues and those who don't spend much time on MN winkor dr. Google. Most of it was stuff I knew.

resipsa Thu 28-Feb-13 07:41:41

Been madly googling soy effects as still no +ve (just as well in some ways as DH not showing much enthusiasm this month, claiming he's tired?) and it all seems very random: some people say it made them OV early, others late, others not at all, others sure it got them a BFP after months.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see (and put the soy away for next month).

resipsa Thu 28-Feb-13 07:55:57

Oh dear, I can see today is a write off and it's not even 8am. Bloody OPKs, bloody ovulation, bloody soy, bloody TTC! What happened to the days of flicking thru the BBC or ASOS on the train sad?

resipsa Thu 28-Feb-13 07:55:59

Oh dear, I can see today is a write off and it's not even 8am. Bloody OPKs, bloody ovulation, bloody soy, bloody TTC! What happened to the days of flicking thru the BBC or ASOS on the train sad?

resipsa Thu 28-Feb-13 08:29:16

Bloody double posts - oops!

resipsa Thu 28-Feb-13 10:34:33

Really worried now. CD19 and no sign of any CM; mine is usually, ahem, abundant near to OV. Oh crap, hope I haven't messed up a cycle as every one counts at my age sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now