BFP in 2013

(922 Posts)
RedRobin1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:02:18

Hello - starting a new one as the old one filled up.....

Didn't want to start another...but I really hope this is the last thread for all of us.

Alexandra6 Fri 22-Feb-13 13:05:34

My scan was a bit of a disaster. First the guy doing it asked it I was on medication. I said clomid, and said "don't you know why I'm here?!" He asked about my cycle and I said I was on day 8, the day they wanted to book me in on to check for follies, and he said "oh I don't know why they do this, it's a waste of your time, too early to see anything, but we might as well do the scan as you're here". So he did the dildo-cam thing, said he couldn't see anything (as expected) apart from tiny follicles all over my ovaries and then he asked if I have PCOS. I said yes, I do, as it clearly says in my notes...

So have to go back next week for dildo cam part 2 and hopefully more success!

Great news when try not to worry smile I say that but I know I'll be the same! One of my best friends was ironically having her 20 week scan at the same hospital I was at earlier, at the same time - that will be you soon! smile

Sorry to hear the witch got you someday

Alexandra6 Fri 22-Feb-13 13:11:43

Ps red and thingy my DH is ridiculously positive most of the time too! It is lovely although I do wonder how much is for my benefit and whether he's keeping the worry inside, he's 37 this year and desperate to be a dad (blub!) He seems to have got more anxious since I went on clomid though, so am not telling him about the scans

twinklestar2 Fri 22-Feb-13 13:21:42

ah alex that was a bit of a waste of time hey?!

You know I cant resist girls, dont you.... I said I was going to have a month off trying but the HSG is day 14 and we might be able to catch the egg if we dtd CD17 (cant have sex for three days afterwards) so OH is rearranging his weekend away. I know, I know...

Poppy79 Fri 22-Feb-13 21:11:08

Sending calming vibes to everyone! I'd been on pregnacare for 2 months as my Dr recommended it, but I was about to order a new packet and saw some negative comments on Amazon and wondered if it had been contributing to the fake symptoms I'd been getting. So this month I've tried seven seas pre-conception and things seem better, also I've had Ewcm for the first time since coming off the pill. Not sure if this is pill related or vitamin tablet related. Guess we're all different and you need to find the things that work for you.

OH is on wellman tablets and seems fine, but wish I'd known that it takes around 70 days to show any positive effect in the little swimmers!(they take 2 1/2 months from being made to maturing apparently!).
Good luck to all xx

RedRobin1 Sat 23-Feb-13 02:54:37

Just had a late night and lot of vino.
I don't think I am pregnant. Just have a gut feeling it hasn't worked again.

Sorry about the scan alex really hate it when they are so useless and unhelpful. Why don't they see how important these things are for women who so badly want to be pregnantangry

Hope the second scan is better than this one.

winkle shag away after the hsg smile

thingy yes DHs excitement is sometimes lovely at other times though I just feel like I am letting him down by not getting pregnant every month. He's never made me feel that way but I just wish for one bloody month I'd have a bfp sad I am probably 6/7 dpo today and I just know I am not pregnant. Silly but I don't feel any different to the other 9 cycles. Why should this month be any different.

Right wine induced rant over. Bed time now.

twinklestar2 Sat 23-Feb-13 10:49:30

Hope you feel better this morning red. I swear we are twins, I always read your posts and understand or think 'yeah, been there'. So if its any consolation I know how you feel.

Thingymajigs Sat 23-Feb-13 11:27:19

Good luck to you poppy. smile
red I get the same after a glass of wine. Suddenly I start getting carried away with the negative aspects. There is no way you could know at 9dpo though so don't worry, there's still a chance.
I thought I ovulated 2 days ago going by CM but I'm having cramping pains. DP seems concerned that we've timed it wrong again but I've given up trying to get it spot on, it doesn't make a difference so we might as well relax.
Sorry to hear the scan was a bit of a waste of time alex. Hope the next one is a bit more useful.
Have a great weekend everyone!

RedRobin1 Sat 23-Feb-13 15:05:07

Feel a bit delicate this morningblush wine is great but after effects are not so great.

winkle you are my virtual twin too. Your posts always reflect what's going through my mind.

thingy yep don't think about OV much I am sure you have caught it this month with all that dtding.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 23-Feb-13 15:07:36

Sorry you have a slight hangover red. I still remember my last one, god it was awful. Hope you feel better soon.

weechops Sat 23-Feb-13 22:01:38

Smiley face on the opk today day 15. Dh not home for another 12 days. I knew we were out this month anyway but it still feels a bit crappy. Ah well I'm booking a holiday tomorrow to feel better smile

RedRobin1 Sun 24-Feb-13 10:05:40

Hope DH is home next month wee it's good to take a break from ttc and you can both feel recharged from it.

Alexandra6 Sun 24-Feb-13 10:38:57

Bet that feels a bit crappy wee but try and make the most of a month off trying.

I've got a cold but dtd earlier and am planning to try every other day this week (without DH realising we're on a schedule!) as can't afford to miss a month on clomid!

It's funny, I'm really up and down at the moment, really positive one minute and the next feel like it's never going to happen. Really hard to take my mind off it all. Am planning on a hot bath, eating some chocolate and watching some films today to try and relax a bit!

weechops Sun 24-Feb-13 13:34:52

Sounds like a good plan alex

red I'm using this month and next to diet furiously. Booked a holiday today and the thought of being in a hotel surrounded by gorgeous tanned thin people is spurring me on smile

Adsum Sun 24-Feb-13 22:11:30

Sorry to all feeling a bit rubbish - hope you have had lovely weekends tho?

I'm now 10 days post erpc and today started having a heavier bleed just when I thought it was all settling! Is pretty much all dark blood tho but pg test still slightly positive so is def not afhmm did anyone else who's had one have a similar thing? I'd hoped it was all about to stop - silly me...!

resipsa Mon 25-Feb-13 07:53:44

Hi ads - yup, sounds like me. Bleeding so light for first week or so that I thought, great, that's it over then it started all over again. I ended up going to GP at 3 weeks post-op and got progesterone course. The withdrawal at the end is supposed to cause a final big bleed. It worked, thankfully! Hope yours clears up soon but suggest you go to GP if it doesn't.

resipsa Mon 25-Feb-13 07:55:29

PS I was still getting +ve tests at 16 days post-op...funny to long not to see the very thing you yearned to see only a few weeks previously <sigh>

twinklestar2 Mon 25-Feb-13 09:29:19

Big hugs ad and res xxxx

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 25-Feb-13 10:01:25

More hugs for ads and res

weechops sounds like you have a good plan for an enforced month off.

alex I know what you mean with the positive one minute then negative the next. My mood can go all over the place.

RedRobin1 Mon 25-Feb-13 11:53:43

holiday booking sounds brilliant wee ah! going away somewhere nice can take away all the ttc blues and its quality time for you to nail DH ;)

hugs ad and res - can't imagine what you guys must be going through / have gone through.

Feeling a bit meh today and very weepy. Heard Katie Price is having her fourth. I just can't believe how these women fall pregnant at the drop of a hat.

Recording Fertility Week on This Morning from today, to see if it has any good tips. Missed the ITV one so recording the +1 channel.

2ww is dragging, I don't have any symptoms. Spent the whole weekend surrounded by babies. When will I have one of my own?

Adsum Mon 25-Feb-13 13:38:54

Ugh bloody Katie price. She's a pain in the arse isn't she?!

Thanks everyone for hugs/advice. I thought it was a bit too good to be true!!

Alexandra6 Mon 25-Feb-13 14:23:16

ooh can you let me know any tips from This Morning please red - I'll tape it from tomorrow but could you let us know if there is anything interesting, or if they mention polycystic ovaries at all?

Am on a major downer today - having a tough day at work and also spent most of yesterday googling things like clomid stats. Unless I'm mistaken, the stats are pretty shit with PCOS! Completely freaked myself out.

And now bloody Kate Price. Middleton's news was hard enough to cope with wink

Massive hugs ad and res In fact big cheesy group hug for everyone smile

RedRobin1 Mon 25-Feb-13 14:50:01

Fertility Week on This morning is basically a 10min Q&A session with Holly W.
Today they showed a woman having a pelvic scan and it was very basic Q&A, like the function of ovaries, what are follicles, egg reserve etc. They were explaining the pelvic scan procedure etc. not a bad start.

I didn't find it very useful today, hopefully tomorrow's session is more informative.

twinklestar2 Mon 25-Feb-13 15:15:02

Wee I'm on a health kick too. Figured I may as well try and lose some weight before our next appointment which is in 3 months. I only need to lose a stone or so which is doable in that time.

LeenHS Mon 25-Feb-13 15:34:03

Hi BFP's 2013! So was on the thread at the beginning of the year. Got my first BFP after nine months at the end of January. But wasn't to be. Started bleeding on Friday and went for an early scan at 7.5 weeks. The baby was only the size of 6 weeks and had a very slow heartbeat. I have to go in on Friday for another scan but they were very pessimistic and to be honest I've been bleeding ever since. So that is that. I'm devastated but trying really hard to move on.

How is everyone else....? it must be 2WW for some of you....?

LeenHS Mon 25-Feb-13 15:37:35

Also - just reading back on some of your threads... the month we got our BFP we started a lot earlier and finished a lot later - it was exhausting but worth it
it... if that helps anyone.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now