BFP in 2013

(922 Posts)
RedRobin1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:02:18

Hello - starting a new one as the old one filled up.....

Didn't want to start another...but I really hope this is the last thread for all of us.

twinklestar2 Wed 20-Feb-13 19:19:25

Thanks girls you are all wonderful. I can't wait till the day I can tell you all that I'm pregnant.

resipsa Wed 20-Feb-13 19:47:37

winkle it sounds like you got a good one (consultant, that is). You sound like things might have fallen into place for you mentally, too. A consultation helps you take back some "control" I think. Chances are that by this time next year there will be a baby wrecking your house. Exciting!!!

twinklestar2 Wed 20-Feb-13 20:03:02

The consultant was bloody gorge and lovely too grin

Thingymajigs Wed 20-Feb-13 20:09:58

Haha! It's so nice to see it has cheered you up. Can't wait until we're all on the pregnancy boards.
Think I o'd today or yesterday and after dtd 4 days in a row poor DP is ready for a break.

Glad your appt went well winkle and glad to hear your DH is on board with taking consultant's advice too. Sounds like this should be a positive cycle and its reassuring to know that if you need it that you'll be top of the list for IVF. ((hugs)) however it happens 2013 is going to be your year of bfp hurray!

twinklestar2 Thu 21-Feb-13 09:18:49

I'm having a break this cycle. The hsg is on cd14, I can't dtd till cd17 and oh goes away that weekend anyway so I'm giving myself a well deserved break and will go again in April.

One thing the consultant did say was that stress doesn't stop you getting pregnant unless it stops you having sex. So relaxing and not thinking about it is bollox!

Hope that helps someone :D

twinklestar2 Thu 21-Feb-13 09:21:06

Thingy 4 days in a row is good going. Are you stopping now? Sounds like you need a break too!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 21-Feb-13 09:46:05

twinkle glad you got positive news from your consultant.

thingy excellent work on dtd

RedRobin1 Thu 21-Feb-13 11:27:27

That's just what i needed to hear winkle I don't think anyone can truly not stress about ttc. glad to hear it doesnt affect chances of conception.

We've dtd 6 times now. every other day since CD10. CD19 today. I think I OVed last week as all my opks are negative smile really hoping we caught it this month.

twinklestar2 Thu 21-Feb-13 12:07:06

Fx for you red. With your OHs results improving so much you have to be in with a good chance.

Another thing consultant said was pregnacare conception and wellman conception were the next tablets on the market.

twinklestar2 Thu 21-Feb-13 12:29:59

I mean the best tablets on the market! Stupid iPhone!

Thingymajigs Thu 21-Feb-13 13:16:05

I read a study the other day which showed no correlation between stress/anxiety and difficulty TTC or holding onto a pregnancy.
That's a relief about the vitamins. I occasionally wonder if I'm just throwing my money away with those every month.
No I'm not stopping yet. We're taking a break for a couple of days and then trying every other day or every third day. DP had this on going theory that we haven't been successful yet because we stop too early.

RedRobin1 Thu 21-Feb-13 14:49:06

thingy I am testing that theory out too. Still going for it beyond ovulating. If manage another DTD on CD20 that will be first. We usually stop by CD17 when I OV.

I so so want to pregnant. Damn, the craving to have a bump just never goes away.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 21-Feb-13 15:03:19

thingy & red I think there could be something in the whole dtd after ov. We dtd 5 days post ov and it worked (we also dtd before ov).

Fx

Alexandra6 Thu 21-Feb-13 16:21:51

winkle I thought I read somewhere that pregnacare conception has been known to mess up cycles, so I stopped taking that. If your hot consultant said it's good to take though, I wonder if what I read was a load of crap inaccurate?

I so want a bump too red, some days I can't think of anything else! I hope they can see a follicle developing at my scan tomorrow morning

RedRobin1 Thu 21-Feb-13 19:24:13

Good luck for your scan alex fx the follies are growing well. How is the clomid cycle going? Any side effects from it?

when I shall keep on dtd then. Waiting to join you on the otherside.

Saw my best friends baby shower pics. She's due on the same date as my cp would have been. I so want a bump and a baby inside me. Just want my body to grow something for ffsake! Arrrrgh! Frustrated and wonder if i will ever see the end to this ttc malarkey.

DH on the other hand is acting like me 7/8 months back. He's so excited about ttc - does my head in sometimes. He's so positive and hopeful and I know that's a good thing but I just hate seeing him so chirpy about OV and dtd and ttc when I have no hope left.

RedRobin1 Thu 21-Feb-13 19:26:29

Oh and I thought I'd add I have been on pregnacare conception for a year and DH has been on Wellman ones for 4 months now. No messing up cycles for me.

I stopped taking EPO because that increased my sore boobage leading to false hope and made my periods very painful. Shame! Cuz it was great for cm.

twinklestar2 Thu 21-Feb-13 19:45:37

Good luck for your scan Alex. I've also been on the pregnacare for ages and my cycles are okish

Thingymajigs Thu 21-Feb-13 20:03:37

I'll definitely try to carry on then when. Once I ovulate I have a massive change in hormones and never feel up to it but I'm going to make an effort.
Good luck with the scan alex.
I've also used pregnacare for 9 months with no issues.

SomeDaySoon74 Thu 21-Feb-13 20:07:39

winkle & thingy - so glad to hear stress doesn't impact 'results' - I'm in a permanent state of stress due to work / ttc and get so sick of people telling me it would all happen for me if I could just chill out. Annoyingly enough I did fall preggo just after an all-inclusive chill-out holiday last October (but that baby was not to be) so I thought people might have been right. Am back to usual stress levels (i.e. high) now!!
Am so pleased for you winkle that you're getting good advice (and sharing it with us!) and that you're feeling happier. Good for you!!!!
red - I know it must be frustrating for you with your DH acting like an excited puppy but it did make me chuckle a bit. Quite sweet really?! We mn-ers all have hope for you. IT WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU! It's just that life never pans out quite how we expect it to. But if it did then life would be very boring. (Am on the wine again tonight so sorry if I'm getting philosophical).
AF arrived for me today. Slightly annoyed as had done quite a lot of Dtd this last week, but also quite pleased as hopefully it will re-set my cycles after my op. que sera sera is my new motto. Let's see how long that lasts eh?

twinklestar2 Thu 21-Feb-13 20:09:35

Someday - I'm happy to share every single bit of advice with you girls if it helps anyone.

Alexandra6 Fri 22-Feb-13 07:53:28

Thanks for the good lucks, will let you know how the scan goes, as it's only day 8, I'm wondering if they'll be able to see anything interesting yet!? I had no side effects red, felt great on it, I've decided to believe that's because I've had a perfect reaction rather than it's not doing anything smile

Wish someone would tell my mother in law about the no correlation with stress thing wink I'm as relaxed as I can be in this situation anyway!

Had acupuncture last night, so am chucking eastern and western medicine into the mix and seeing what happens!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 22-Feb-13 09:45:41

alex the acupuncture sounds like a great idea.

I did a digi today it says I am 3+. Seems a bit too high to me as I think I am 4 weeks 2/3 days (not over 5 weeks).
Keep worrying about high hcg levels meaning a high risk of down's. Or less worrying - twins

At least the levels are going up smile

RedRobin1 Fri 22-Feb-13 10:15:42

Good to hear that when will you get an early scan? Can't wait to find out if its twins grin

I tried acupuncture alex and found it really relaxing. very expensive though and because the one in our area only does it 9-5 I couldn't go for another session as tricky to take time off work. Was worth it though as my cycle was good that month. Very relaxed as well after it.

Hope you can get back to dtd soon someday fx we will all be on that graduates thread soon!

Thingymajigs Fri 22-Feb-13 10:19:47

Sorry to hear about AF someday.
when, stop panicking! wink The HCG level rising is a good thing, honestly. smile
red my DP is the same. Beyond excited about becoming a dad and really positive about it all. He helps keep me out of my negative mind frame but I wonder why/how he's never worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now