BFP in 2013

(922 Posts)
RedRobin1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:02:18

Hello - starting a new one as the old one filled up.....

Didn't want to start another...but I really hope this is the last thread for all of us.

resipsa Mon 11-Feb-13 09:25:10

Ah wee. I hope she's got the message by now. Sounds like your loss is hitting you. Hope you are OK.

It takes me back to what I was thinking a couple of weeks ago; until you've had issues, you genuinaly don't get it. That was reinfocred for me yesterday after the new mum and mums-to-be chat about who is pregnant at the moment. The new mum came up to me a while later and said sorry, that was a bit insensitive etc. I said not at all, the world doesn't revolve etc and I want to talk about others' good news. The point was that she gets it cause she too had a m/c and so knows what it's like.

resipsa Mon 11-Feb-13 09:25:48

Hmm, it seems I cannot spell today. Hey ho.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 11-Feb-13 10:18:55

resipsa you are so right about people not getting it unless they have been through it. I keep thinking the silver lining to this is it will make me much more understanding I the future.

winkle well done on the dtd.

I still feel like crap, the worlds most drawn out cold is still lingering. Just feel tired and sick now. Which is really annoying cause it's making me symptom spot. This is cd 24 (7dpo). Bored.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 11-Feb-13 10:50:23

Ooh I forgot to say the uterus cramps have gone. I have a mad theory that dtd on Sat night (5dpo) has settled down the cramping uterus.

This is all me expanding on the theory that sperm useful post ov not just pre.

Adsum Mon 11-Feb-13 14:25:53

Just sitting an waiting for my scan sad
Don't know why they are bothering. Is pointless - just want to get it all over with. Surrounded by no doubt pregnant people gits who will prob be getting good news while I just hear the same news again about the scan. Woe is me!!! An almost laughing at my self pitying whingy there so at least have cheered self up!

Sorry to eat others feeling poo as well. The 2ww is the worst...

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 11-Feb-13 14:31:46

adsum just posted for a quick hand holding before your scan. I know it's not going to be good news for you hope you are ok today.

Sounds like you are keeping your chin up. thanks

Adsum Mon 11-Feb-13 15:00:19

Thanks when - no real change when they did scan so just waiting to see dr but the world and his wife are here too so looks like a long wait... <sigh>

Adsum Mon 11-Feb-13 15:12:44

Yes, approx 3 hours. This sucks. Bet a lot of these fuckers people don't need to be here [uncharitable]

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 11-Feb-13 15:30:19

3 fucking hours shock

Do they let you nip out (for a few hours) to get a coffee? Or do you have to sit there re reading the same crappy magazine with the other pathetic malingerers people.

Adsum Mon 11-Feb-13 16:10:26

Well I went to get 3 bars some chocolate but the loos are horrid (due to some poor girl with hg) so minimal fluids for me wink

Quite fed up...

RedRobin1 Mon 11-Feb-13 17:19:28

Big hug adsum really hope they can send you home soon. I just never understood why they can't have a separate ward or entrance when you are going through this. You don't need to see the pregnant bellies and happy faces. It's just cruel.

when fx for you hope the 2ww goes quicker and you feel better soon.

Hugs adsum, sorry you've been having such a rubbish day. Hugs & strength for you to get through this
(( )) x

twinklestar2 Mon 11-Feb-13 18:29:27

Hugs ad x

I cried when I went for my pelvic scan as it was in the same place that women who are pregnant go to get scanned. So I agree red, they should have separate depts.

Adsum Mon 11-Feb-13 18:56:10

Home and got the supper on! Booked in for erpc on Thursday (valentines day, of course!!) - glad to finally have a plan but will be incredibly nervous about having an anaesthetic!! shock

RedRobin1 Mon 11-Feb-13 19:10:42

adsum Like you say it's good you know finally what's happening. Will be thinking of you on Thursday.

How are you winkle?

Hi clutter and gillian sorry forgot to say that earlier on!

I have discovered a new method of cheering myself up at the moment - Big Bang Theory. How did I not know about this tv show. It's just brilliantly funny. Highly recommended for anyone who needs cheering up during ttc and otherwise.

Sorry you've had such a crap day adsum, it's good that you don't have to wait too long for Erpc but what a day to pick, they clearly like giving us dates we can't possibly forget......
Hugs after what must have been a really emotionally draining day sad

twinklestar2 Mon 11-Feb-13 20:23:10

Hi red I'm ok. On cd20 so need to get a couple more dtd under the belt.

I love BBT!

How are you getting on?

weechops Tue 12-Feb-13 08:02:46

Adsum big hugs from me x

Thingymajigs Tue 12-Feb-13 08:10:42

I find it amazing that you've only just discovered Big Bang Theory red! It's taken the place of Friends as the forever repeating TV series. We love it. I once had the flu and watched every episode back to back for a whole day. I ended up having feverish visions of Sheldon for a while.
Hugs to you ad. Is it general anaesthetic? I've gone under that before and it's quite pleasant. I woke up just as if I'd had an amazing nights sleep.
I love how enthusiastic you are about dtd twinkle. It makes me giggle. grin Looks like you've covered all bases. Makes my efforts look rubbish. I need to time it better this month. I might try for every other day all cycle.
Hello to everyone else. smile

resipsa Tue 12-Feb-13 08:46:39

Oh, ads sorry it's not turned out better for you and hope all goes OK on Thurs. Try not to worry too much about the GA. I was petrified myself last year (as I always am in hospital settings given my job) but for them it's an everyday thing. I remember waking up and asking when I would be going to theatre; I had, of course, by then been in and out! Felt fine afterwards, too, physically. Very little pain.
I agree with kitty - they seem to like key dates. Mine was on the day after Mother's Day!
wee hope you are OK too.
Glad you're feeling better when and congrats on the DTD, winkle.
On CD3 here and couldn't feel less like doing it myself. Having thought I was pretty chilled about it all on CD1 this month, I now realise that it was just a delayed reaction. Every time anyone says "how are you" (at work, in the street, in Tesco), I just want to shout "I WANT TO BE P" at them. But I haven't, yet, thankfully.
Must be in masochistic mood as just been reading about J Bulger case twenty years on. I still can't bear to think of the terror that 2 year old (same age as DD) must have felt...send shivers thru me, literally.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 12-Feb-13 09:39:25

Thanks resipsa sorry about the delayed response to af. It's crap.

Being reminded about the James Bulger stuff is awful, his poor poor parents are so traumatised. It does really make you worry it could happen to anyone. I keep reminding myself how rediculously rare these cases are.

This was the week my first chem preg was due. To be honest last night I was kind of glad the pregnancy didn't last. Dd was a complete nightmare, screaming fits, crys of cuddle mummy wanted to be carried everywhere

RedRobin1 Tue 12-Feb-13 17:08:28

Sorry about your cp due date when hope you have DH around to give you a big hug and cuddle.

thingy I have def been having a lot of Sheldon dreams as I have watched the episodes back to back for series 3.

I think I might take a leaf out of winkles book and dtd tonight as dh gets back today. Bought myself some nice lingerie to get into the mood and make up for not getting any valentines presents for DH. We don't really make a big fuss of valentines...Just some takeaway and a night in with wine

Has anyone got anything romantic planned for Thursday night?

weechops Tue 12-Feb-13 19:19:32

I'm really really struggling with my feelings. Usually I can take knocks and disappointments in my stride, I can handle sad news, I deal with grief quickly and not dwell on it. But jesus I can't stop crying, feeling sick and being thoroughly miserable since I heard sil is pregnant!
Maybe if we were close I would be happy for her but I'm not and I know that's awful. In my irrational brain I think she has stolen my happiness, the future that was meant for me . I lost my baby and am devastated but someone decided to put the boot in and sil is having what I can't. And she has form for being stealthily smug and gloaty.
I really need to get past this but I don't know how, other than getting pregnant again which as you know is bloody hard!
I'm sorry this is so long and selfindulgent but I couldn't possibly say all this aloud. Dh thinks I'm losing it already. God what do I do? How do I feel better? I've never felt as awful as this before!

twinklestar2 Tue 12-Feb-13 20:39:23

Oh wee, it's still very raw and new, of course you'll be sad. I feel like that when others get pregnant, just want it to be me so badly. Give yourself time to get over this. What you're feeling is not wrong or unusual x

RedRobin1 Tue 12-Feb-13 21:13:05

wee you have to ALLOW yourself to feel that way. Especially after what you have been thru. My DH thinks I loose it too at every pregnancy announcement and doesn't understand why I feel the way I do. Sil got pregnant and I too felt the way you do now. I know it doesn't help, but I only stopped feeling tht way after the baby was born. I just kept wishing it was me throughout her pregnancy. The feeling that I should be growing that baby didn't go away at all. I felt better with putting some distance between us for my own sanity till I learnt to cope with the way I felt. Big hug and sorry it's her and not you. I hope you get your bfp soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now