BFP in 2013

(922 Posts)
RedRobin1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:02:18

Hello - starting a new one as the old one filled up.....

Didn't want to start another...but I really hope this is the last thread for all of us.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 10-Feb-13 09:27:37

Red fatas &thingy Thankyou for the congrats over dtd deed last night. Was a bit of an effort considering there wasn't even an egg present.

I couldn't even get mad at him for answering the phone. His poor mum is in a massive cycle of guilt and exhaustion from looking after his nan. I think she needed a shoulder to cry on. How he went from comforting his mum one second and then back to foreplay the next is a complete mystery.

thingy I don't think you need to apologise to your dh. You just got a bit upset. 9 months is not too long to ttc but it is understandable that you are starting to worry.

resipsa any update on af?

resipsa Sun 10-Feb-13 14:31:22

Ha when glad my PILs live in Australia! 10/10 for perseverance. If you weren't TTC, there would have been a row!

Had a good night last might but WAY too much to drink meaning hangover today which is not a good place to be when (1) 2 yr old wakes for a chat at 4am and (2) you have to spend the morning a 3 yr old's party. Now eating chips on the sofa.

AF arrived this morning as expected. Feeling strangely OK about it. Knew it wasn't going to happen this month, somehow, and ta da! had none of the "symptoms" that usually have me hoping in vain.

Even managed to smile through a chat at the party (involving 1 woman with 8 week old baby & 2 pregnant ones) about who's pregnant. Outcome? Just about every one but me!

Hi, can I join thread for BFP in 2013. Tried to conceive sept 2011 to 2012 but months of BFN's sad so myself & dh decided to stop trying & focus on the 2 children we have. But I knew in my heart that I really want to try for another & think I can feel my biological clock ticking. So here goes, back to ttc smile

weechops Sun 10-Feb-13 16:24:12

Absolutely devastated. My sil is pregnant. 3 weeks! Wtf is she telling fil for anyway? This rant may be long, sorry. Dh came back from fil saying sil was there and had big news. I said please don't say it, but it was sad I've spent the last 40 minutes howling and ranting and breaking my heart. She has 2 kids, always going on about how she's glad the baby days are over etc. I don't like her anywasy but this is making me totally unreasonably detest her! How can I be near her when my baby has just been lost? I sent her a text eventually and said I had a mc and may find it hard to be around her for a while. I did say congrats tho I'm not horrible. I'm so so sad and can't stop crying

Adsum Sun 10-Feb-13 17:36:28

Helloo! Fatas here! Have decided to name change as need a bit of a change - hope it doesn't cause any confusion!

Oh wee I'm so sorry. Life is so hard and mean sometimes sad - cant believe she has told everyone at 3 weeks! That's is a tad brave... We are all here for you - rant away - I hate her too!

Welcome clutter - we are a mad bunch of lovely ladies! Feel free to rant away too if you want! We can sympathise with the difficulties in TTC and I certainly find it helpful to vent/chat here with everyone wink

weechops Sun 10-Feb-13 17:48:35

Adsum like the name change smile your post made me genuinely smile for the 1st time in hours, thank you. I think I needed someone else to unreasonably hate her too smile

Adsum Sun 10-Feb-13 17:51:21

Oh no, it's completely reasonable... isn't it?! confused

Adsum Sun 10-Feb-13 17:53:24

Oops wrong emoticon!! Should have been wink or the one with one raised eyebrow (what's that one? And why isn't it available on the mumsnet app?!)

Adsum Sun 10-Feb-13 17:53:25

Oops wrong emoticon!! Should have been wink or the one with one raised eyebrow (what's that one? And why isn't it available on the mumsnet app?!)

Adsum Sun 10-Feb-13 17:53:39

Adsum Sun 10-Feb-13 17:54:16

Bloody iphone...

gillian1986 Sun 10-Feb-13 18:11:46

3 weeks is so early to be telling ANYONE! Good grief.

twinklestar2 Sun 10-Feb-13 18:27:04

welcome ohclutter

adsum - hope the new namechange is successful for you smile

wee - big fay squighy unmumsnetty hugs for you my darling. I have been there and it hurts so bad sad Do whatever you need to do tonight to make you feel better. I couldnt text my friend who got pregnant for a good few weeks so you are dealing with it better than I have. I'm sorry AF got you too sad

res, thingy - sorry the old bitch got you!

<waves> at everyone else.

I'm here but been keeping busy. Have finished ANOTHER book :D Have really enjoyed getting back into reading. CD19 here I think - OMG just realised I'm not 100% sure of what cycle day I'm on!!!!!!!! - will DTD later just to cover us.

Thingymajigs Sun 10-Feb-13 18:30:53

Hi ohclutter. smile I'm trying for my third too. How old are your two?
Oh wee that must be upsetting. I can't believe they told everyone so early! Hopefully they'll read your text and be respectful to you by not rubbing it in.

Thingymajigs Sun 10-Feb-13 18:33:34

You sound so much happier twinkle. smile I find reading helps so much to keep me sane during all of this. It's kinda nice to forget what CD it is.

weechops Sun 10-Feb-13 18:54:31

She keeps texting me! 1st one she wanted to check if I wanted to talk to her at all or just not about her pregnancy! I text back I just feel sad for me and I'll see her soon. She then texts back she feels bad and wishes she never said anything. I then text back saying don't feel bad I just need time. You think she'd get the hint but then she texts 'so how far along were you'!!! Jeez piss off. This has been a shitty day all round

Hi thingy I've got a 13 year old dd and 3 year old ds, so big gap & hoping not to have huge gap again!
How old are your children?
One of my problems is that I get terrible Periods & my hormones are all over the place when I'm off my pill. Does anyone else experience this & do you take anything that you could recommend?
I've got an appointment with GP next week to discuss this with her smile
Sorry weechops that must of been so difficult to hear. The year that myself and dh were trying my sil fell pregnant with her 4th & has 4 under 5, she must be so fertile. They can also afford for her to be a sahm, makes me very jealous! And my mil is always asking my little boy would he like a brother or sister, makes me want to scream! shock

RedRobin1 Sun 10-Feb-13 19:02:56

Oh wee I am so sorry abt your sil. Really think she's mental for announcing it so early. Again shows how insensitive and naive women are if they haven't had any problems in ttc or in sustaining a pregnancy sad

I am liking the name change ad

Sorry for AF arriving res fx for next month.

I am still in 'fed-up-of-ttc' mode. Just keeping healthy and exercising. Works keeping my mind of it and a few close friends in RL have been very supportive this weekend and shared their positive stories abt their ttc struggle and its cheered me up.

Both admitted feeling bitter towards pregnancy announcements and the fact that there are bumps everywhere you look. I just struggle to feel happy for anyone in RL announcing their pregnancy, who hasn't had a ttc struggle. I just feel bitter.

Thingymajigs Sun 10-Feb-13 19:13:32

ohclutter I'm going to be dealing with a similar age gap, my eldest DS is 12 nearly 13 and my youngest is 9. I'll be starting all over again. (Hopefully.)
A lot of us are trying Evening Primrose Oil or Vitex Agnus Castus to help regulate hormones so you could try one of those. My cycles tend to be pretty regular anyway so they just make me ovulate earlier.
weechops, I think you've made it clear enough that you don't want to talk about it right now so you don't have to keep replying if its upsetting you. She is probably desperately trying to make everything right but is digging herself deeper and deeper.

weechops Sun 10-Feb-13 20:01:51

Ohclutter welcome to the gang smile and thanks for your support. As you can see all the girls on this thread are fantastic and I'd have been lost without them many times. Its been an emotional day in the weechops house (dad going downhill too) and I just wasnted to say if it wasn't for you lot I'd be going off my head by now! Thanks smile

Thanks for welcome to this thread, it always helps to know your not the only one going through something. Thanks for that thingy will look into those tomorrow.
Off to bed as been so tired today as was in my neighbours for a girls nite in but was later than I should of been with demanding toddler to look after today.
Hope you feel better tomorrow weechops nite for now x

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 10-Feb-13 20:24:23

weechops she sounds daft. Three weeks hmm. I'd hate her too and will do on your behalf.

(Makes a note to remember fatas's new name)

Welcome to clutter and gillian

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 10-Feb-13 20:25:31

Forgot to say angry for resipsa and af turning up.

twinklestar2 Sun 10-Feb-13 21:31:09

Bugger off wee's SIL! Just don't text her back and she'll get the message.

Red - I'm very sad for me and hate pregnant people too lol

Mega tired today but must dtd later so need to perk myself up!

twinklestar2 Mon 11-Feb-13 00:10:02

Have dtd yaay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now