BFP in 2013

(922 Posts)
RedRobin1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:02:18

Hello - starting a new one as the old one filled up.....

Didn't want to start another...but I really hope this is the last thread for all of us.

Thingymajigs Wed 06-Feb-13 19:41:37

Haha twinkle I know what you mean. As lovely and supportive TTC boards are you can't escape the feeling of being in a waiting room for months on end. I thought I'd be preparing to push a baby out by now.
11dpo and I'm having a big skin breakout. Guess AF is on its way on Sunday. Didn't expect anything less because I ovulated earlier than we were prepared for. I'm looking forward to a weekend with just DP and myself, some films, chocolate and maybe wine. He's cooking all weekend too. So I'll end up with omelettes or something on toast but as long as I'm not cooking I don't care. smile

RedRobin1 Wed 06-Feb-13 20:41:49

Ditto winkle and thingy can't wait to join the graduates thread.
Skin break out sounds good thingy, do you normally get that at 11dpo?

Res - fx this is your last 2ww....

Thingymajigs Wed 06-Feb-13 21:07:13

In the last two months I had spots appear everywhere but I definitely get more especially around my chin just before AF so I think I'm out but I'm taking it in my stride this month. Keeping busy has really helped.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 06-Feb-13 21:16:37

thingy I found (when preg with dd) that pre menstraul symptoms were almost identical to very early pregnancy symptoms. You would think this would stop me symptom spotting but I still do it every month. confused Sunday isn't too far away but time drags on the 2ww.

Starting to think my achy uterus is just caused by this bloody virus. It's making 50% of my body ach so why no there too.

fatasbutter Wed 06-Feb-13 22:45:43

Yes every time I have been pg I have been UTTERLY convinced af is coming and then on the day she is due suddenly I don't feel as much because I normally get v bad period pains that day and there is suddenly the absence of them!! So keeping fx for anyone almost due on! wink

Kittenkatzen Thu 07-Feb-13 10:24:54

Morning - blimey you lot have been causing some trouble havent you?! wink gutted I missed all the excitement, will have to go and have a quick search for the aibu fred!

weechops big fat booo to your DH having to go away again, although good work on investigating all the options, shame it wouldn't work out though <mental image of wee's freezer full of tiny pots of swimmers>

fatas glad things seem to be happening on their own, fx it continues that way. Just saw you asked for the cheese scones recipe, so here it is;

210g self raising flour
1/2 tsp each of baking powder, salt, sugar and mustard powder (optional)
40g butter (cold, grated)
90g grated cheese
100ml milk

Method; put dry ingredients into a big bowl, tip in the grated butter and mix it all up/poke it about with a fork. Mix in the cheese, then add the milk and use your hands to bring it together to a dough. Add a little more flour if it's sticky. Roll/press the dough out to about 2cm thick then use a cookie cutter to cut 10/12 rounds. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with more cheese, then bake for 10-15 mins at 200c. Eat hot with lashings of butter and marmite! Mmmmmmm.

Sorry, probably doesn't help with all the diets you've all been talking about does it?! grin

resipsa Thu 07-Feb-13 12:00:25

Hi kitten. You see, you shouldn't have left us (umm, a joke, obvs).

Finally have to accept that I am not relaxed this cycle as it's the dreaded anniversary; had LMP on 10 Jan 12 with BFP on 14 Feb 12 and ERPC on 19 March 12 sad. At the time, I wasn't that worried about things cause I assumed by now I'd have given birth or I'd be jsut about to...naive again!

On 8/9DPO so not long to go, I guess but long enough to stop me doing much else at work or anywhere that is constructive.

How's everyone doing today?

twinklestar2 Thu 07-Feb-13 12:44:53

hugs to you res, its not easy is it?

weechops Thu 07-Feb-13 12:53:09

res big hugs sent from me x

Maybe this will give you a laugh. As you know my dad is elderly and not in good health (read pain in the arse) so he's back in hospital. I took him up some stuff, and his mail from his flat. So he calls later to say it's his gas bill can Ipay it, I say ok, and he gives me his ref number, the phone number and his amount to pay.

Of course I forget all about it for a week! Then he asked last night did I pay it. Of course, I said (thinking fuck better not tell him or he'll stress)

So call the number today and get through to some random bloke in sales. He then gives me another number to call. End up talking to business accounts. She then gives me the call centre number, and after much faffing about with potcodes etc we discover that my dad doesn't actually have an account with them!

So god knows where he got the phone numbers from and how the hell do I get the letter off him to see who his supplier is?! Only my dad can be so bloody awkward.

Kittenkatzen Thu 07-Feb-13 13:42:09

grin weechops that sounds like something that would happen to me! Can you phone round a few other suppliers and just try your luck?!

hugs from me to res

resipsa Thu 07-Feb-13 13:59:57

Ha wee - now if you had just told him the truth..!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 07-Feb-13 14:20:57

res big hug heading your way. It's all a bit crap really isn't it.

weechops grin sounds like you have some explaining to do to your dad. Goodness knows who his supplier is.

My dh is off work tomorrow, he has to look after his nan, I know he is going to come home beyond pissed off with her (its not her fault but she just talks at you endlessly, she sticks to one topic. When she's finished talking about it, which usually takes about 5 minutes, she just starts over again and keeps talking, it is really draining).

MrsBri Thu 07-Feb-13 15:58:18

Sorry your anniversary is coming up, res :-( Hugs from me too. xx

Wee, tell him you found the payment back details online and sent the money straight from your bank, but it has bounced back today and can he check the details to re-send?

RedRobin1 Thu 07-Feb-13 16:02:58

Hugs for you res keeping my fx this is your last 2ww. my friend who mc previously told me, ttc was less stressful once the anniversary passed. it felt like a new chapter.

wee haha bless your dad, guess he's given you some homework for now though. Ring around the other suppliers....grin

I am in the same boat this month as you wee...kind of..DH has to go away for work in the week and back on weekends sad tbh when he mentioned it to me, i didn't feel sad. We've been in the same house for 9 months now and dtd like crazy over OV and nothing has happened yet, so maybe him going away might take the pressure off a bit. He starts his new project next week, so guess we'll just see what happens in Feb. I am not going to try and control ttc anymore - just given up on it happening soon.

On the positive side - I have joined the gym, and trying to get fit and healthy smile

weechops Thu 07-Feb-13 16:20:12

Thanks for suggestions grin That's what happens when I lie. Bites me on the bum. DH is the beloved son-in-law so he's going to tell him he forgot to pay it and get the bill off him smile

red Maybe the fact that it's kind of taken out your hands for a wee while could help you relax a bit? I find that after the inital 'oh bollocks dh is away' then I just get on with things. Not much else you can do really. Still like to do the opk's though smile

resipsa Thu 07-Feb-13 16:45:23

Thanks for hugs all round. No other bugger remembers, of course, not even DH and a year on people begin to think you're a bit odd if you're not "over it" yet.

Am sitting on the train and a woman just walked by with a beautiful little girl in a sling. They just make you smile impulsively, don't they? <sigh>

resipsa Thu 07-Feb-13 16:47:39

Sorry to hear of DP absences, wee and red but if there's nothing you can do, I guess it does give you a release from the intensity.

Wish DH would go somewhere for a while (not over O though wink) cause he's REALLY irritating me this week!

fatasbutter Thu 07-Feb-13 17:05:10

Hey res - totally sympathising with the anniversary thing - my mmc last year was 8th March. Thought I'd be well on the way to popping by now too angry

Lol @ wee fibbing to your dad!! We never really grow up do we?!!wink

No action here just some horrid stringy mucus stuff and the odd streak of blood so don't think it's going to go on its own - off to London this weekend as DH busy all w/e and can't do the childcare thing alone at the mo! Need my mummy and daddy!!! grin

sorry res - my due date for mmc is a fortnight today and i've been thinking about it everyday since feb started sad sucks sad thanks

and you're not a weirdo for finding it hard to move on. I'm pg again and I know I should just be looking forward to new EDD but you can't replace a baby you've lost with another baby, i think sometimes it's important to just acknowledge that loss first.

don't know if you or fatas have done this, i haven't but i was reading some of the posts last week and in a way it really helps to know how many other families are all feeling the same loss and to imagine all our lost babies together somewhere where they're not lost (sniffle) www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/support/marking-your-loss/forget-me-not-meadow/

twinklestar2 Thu 07-Feb-13 23:26:16

Hugs to all for sad anniversaries sad

Have been very busy at work and with life. Have got back into reading and really enjoying it so haven't been spending most nights online which has been nice! It's cd16 here, have dtd cd 12, 14 and 16 so far. Will carry on till around cd20. Have actually been really enjoying the sex!

Good woman winkle! It's NO sex central at our house, bleeding made me nervous and then nausea has hardly put me in the mood so DH is just having to go without at the minute. Good to hear there's still shagging going on somewhere, even if not in our house!!

fatasbutter Fri 08-Feb-13 08:48:56

Well done winkle! And even more so for having fun - it gets all the fun taken out of it too quickly by ttc...

I have just been really angry on another thread about a man who hit his wife - some of the responses by others really enraged me! Not a good way to start Friday!! Might make me late for my train to London!!! angryangryangry

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 08-Feb-13 11:01:30

Well done winkle on the exciting sex.

fatas I know what you mean, I somey

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 08-Feb-13 11:04:06

I sometimes get caught up on exciting infuriating threads and end up staying up far too late.

This bloody cold refuses to bugger off. Getting really pissed off with it. At least it is the weekend soon. Have been reading up on soy isoflavones, one forum site quoted a success rate of 85% in the first cycle. I keep reminding myself if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't true.

fatasbutter Fri 08-Feb-13 11:07:42

That the best way to think when you are probably right! But if it does work, then happy days grin. Good luck if you decide to give them a go (I am completely ignorant and shall probably remain so shock)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now