BFP in 2013

(922 Posts)
RedRobin1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:02:18

Hello - starting a new one as the old one filled up.....

Didn't want to start another...but I really hope this is the last thread for all of us.

RedRobin1 Mon 04-Feb-13 20:35:21

fatas I wish I could come over and give you a very Big tight hug. Please talk to us if you need to get things of your chest. Xx

fatasbutter Mon 04-Feb-13 21:04:47

You are all so lovely <wells up>
Thank you for all being there. Nobody in RL understands at all. My family are miles away and dh's family done even know about our last mc so a couple of friends are being lovely and sending me messages which is good but I would be way more sad without you all xxxxxxxx

BelissimaLol Mon 04-Feb-13 21:19:59

Blimey that's two of my old threads that ended up on AIBU lately! The other one ended up in a elderberry pavlova being banned!! We are getting well famous now. Might stick around to see the excitement.
Hope you all doing well. Anyone poas soon??grin

SunshineOutdoors Mon 04-Feb-13 21:25:02

I just saw I missed someday's post. I remember you yikes and so so sorry to hear your news. I hope you are ok.

fatas I want to give you a big hug too. This sounds really cheesy but I think it's important that if you feel upset not to hold it in but let yourself have a good cry. It feels crap at the time but I really believe it makes things better in the long run.

Oh fatas sad it's the worst thing in the world, it really is and we put on a mask so as not to upset others or make them uncomfortable, let yourself come on here and vent whenever you need to! <hug>
Just been reading up today's drama eek can't believe that women just randomly came on said hey everyone I'm pregnant without reading any of the thread then went on AIBU!!! I did think when u saw it had she joined before as didn't recognise her but thought it was strange you'd just come on and announce a bfp otherwise, I think fair enough the title isn't the most obvious but I think it's really poor form to not read any of the thread first or get a jist about what it's about before posting something, surley you've only got yourself to blame if you do that?!?
Plus I don't think you were rude at all!

fatasbutter Mon 04-Feb-13 21:27:14

kitten I spied on the sept Fred that u make cheese scones - if u r still lurking can I have the recipe?? grin

fatasbutter Mon 04-Feb-13 21:30:38

I did cry a bit today sunshine as I was driving into work. I couldn't hold it in! But had to keep it to a minimum as makeup would run and eyes a bit puffy - didn't want people at work to notice. I was trying to cry yesterday as I thought it might help but it wasn't til this morning that I did (not much of a cryer really) and it sort of helped! It's just the overwhelming feeling of unfairness really! But could happen to anyone...

Thingymajigs Mon 04-Feb-13 21:32:01

Looks like I missed a bit of drama tonight! Silly really. Hope she is feeling better about it all now.
Fatas, I wish we could do more to help. The waiting must be awful, I can't imagine. We will be here to support you as best we can.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 04-Feb-13 21:37:32

lol what happened with the other thread that ended up in AIBU <nosey parker>

fatas poor you, holding it in so your makeup wouldn't run. Sunshine is right with the (cheesy) advice, don't hold it in.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 04-Feb-13 21:40:26

I keep checking AIBU to see if MrsB has accepted our apology - nothing yet.

Also hello to the other MrsB <waves at nic>

Thingymajigs Mon 04-Feb-13 21:50:14

Right, that's enough Internet for me today. On an American TTC forum a thread appeared asking what traits you hope to pass down to your children. One woman wants her child to be autistic so they'll be alike. She can't see a downside. I don't even know where to begin with that. As a mother of an autistic boy I just can't wrap my head around it. I'm sticking to this community from now on, it's weird out there.

MrsBri Mon 04-Feb-13 22:06:33

Hi, When :-)

I think the other Mrs B is probably a bit embarrassed by the AIBU response she got!

Thingy, that is seriously weird and totally bizarre about the autism. What a strange lady.

twinklestar2 Mon 04-Feb-13 22:46:49

It IS unfair fatas sad

When - the thread lol is taking about was from the other thread we're on (ttc baby no 1 over 30). One of the ladies jokingly went on AIBU about people symptom spotting. Didn't end well!

RedRobin1 Mon 04-Feb-13 22:57:51

fatas one day it will be okay. Things are raw at the moment. Just let it all out and have a good cry.

Hi mrsbri hope you are keeping well.

twinklestar2 Mon 04-Feb-13 23:01:29

Hi mrsbri didn't see you there!

MrsBlackcar Mon 04-Feb-13 23:21:16

I thought after all the controversy I seem to have started today I needed to come back and apologise.

I didn't mean offence and in my excited state wanted somewhere to share my news, my apologies I chose the wrong place. I also don't feel anyone was rude to me here.

I started the aibu thread to find out how I had got it wrong, yes I am a little embarrassed by some of the posts there and on my way over to apologise there as well.

There are things the mumsnet talk guidelines do not make clear, such as posting about another thread being wrong - I will expect from far more experienced mumsneters

I am sorry both for my crassness and lack of knowing how talk boards work

SunshineOutdoors Tue 05-Feb-13 07:55:35

Hi mrsb we know you didn't mean to cause any offence, neither did we. Mumsnet is great, imo, but I can see there are conventions that it's easy to miss if you're new. Have a look round some of the other topics (AIBU scares most of us here!) especially pregnancy and antenatal groups.

I lurked for quite a bit before posting to get the feel of the place... I can still just sit and read lots of threads without even posting.

Enjoy your pregnancy, if you have any problems or questions, you can post in 'pregnancy' for support, or later on in 'breast and bottle feeding' or one of the 'being a parent' topics. I hope it all goes well for you smile

RedRobin1 Tue 05-Feb-13 08:08:54

No hard feelings mrsb. I genuinely wish you a happy 9 moths. Hope you meet more mnetters who can help you on the pregnancy / ante natal threads. I know you didn't mean to hurt us and you haven't. X

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 05-Feb-13 08:37:00

I've never actually read the mumsnet talk guidelines [shame].

resipsa Tue 05-Feb-13 08:40:06

OMG. I cannot believe that I missed all of the excitement. And my post was QUOTED on AIBU!
Mrsb I genuinely wish you well but have to say that my "congrats" post (added first after your announcement) was typed through gritted teeth!
Fatas God, I feel for you. I remember very well being in the same boat this time last year. The day I was going for the repeat scan, I remember looking round the office and wanting to shout "how can you all be so happy and carefree, don't you know what's happening to me". They didn't, of course, so I didn't but not feeling you can say anything to anyone is so hard. As the others have said, that's why we're here flowers.
wee fx for DH's potential new job!
MrsB hello. I haven't forgotten what we discussed. Do you still want some input? The person I asked has been off sick (and, of course, she's 6 months P!).
Hello to everyone else, including lll. Bet we can't match yesterday's fun today (yes, that's a challenge).

resipsa Tue 05-Feb-13 09:43:35

Where have you all gone?

I reckon that I'll post a lot today - am in the no man's land of 6/7DPO and need distractions from the whole TTC subject. Of course, posting on a TTC thread is a really good way of thinking about something else (doh)...

res - just came over for a quick lurk! I missed all the AIBU excitement too...bah... I'm sick as a dog again since last night. Did part of my usual hours in work last week and thought i could handle a normal week this week but a 7 hour day of mostly just sitting resting in a toasty office did me in and i've been throwing up copiously since.

hope everyone here is doing ok and shagging away? Who was trying vitex this month? Noticed any changes? I cant praise that stinky brown liquid highly enough!!

BelissimaLol Tue 05-Feb-13 10:03:01

Fatas allow yourself to cry when you need to. It's a shit time and you need to look after yourself!
Res I hate mid tww. It's a pointless time isn't it?
All this excitement is making mn a fun place to be lol!
Hope you are all ok. I'm really hoping our grads thread will get some of you over soon grin

weechops Tue 05-Feb-13 10:09:25

I am stuck in the house for a few days til we crack potty training. Third time lucky and I think he's actually got it! He's using the potty before he pees (and he's done 5 already) and only had one accident. So proud of my wee guy smile Although still slightly terrified of having to go anywhere in the near future. Luckily dh is home for now.

The downside is that I can't keep away from the biscuits! Every time I go in the kitchen I'm looking for something to nibble. Why do I do it to myself, I'm overweight as it is!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 05-Feb-13 10:38:49

Hi resipsa urgh the 2ww. I'm only on 1dpo, bored already.

Are you dtd in the 2ww? We plan to but have a house guest and I am still a bit poorly. We will probably dtd on Thurs or Fri, see if I can get the protective benefits of the sperm working.
This is only a theory but it feels quite nice to be doing something different.

I think today will be a lot quieter. No more excitement for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now