Very very faint BFP 2 days after AF due... Is it real?

(15 Posts)
pinkbuttons Sat 26-Jan-13 08:19:41

Basically as title says, AF was due on Thursday at latest. POAS yesterday and got a very very faint line after the 3 minutes but before the instructions said to throw it away after 10 minutes. Today POAS again and same very very faint line but within the 3 minutes. Am panicking that the line is so faint, does this mean something's wrong and am not producing enough HCG? Anyone experienced this? I just daren't get my hopes up at the moment. Think am going to get a FRER test today but thought I would ask for advice from the wise women of mumsnet while the shops are still closed...

phantomhairpuller Sat 26-Jan-13 08:22:53

A line is a line whether its faint or not wink congratulations grin

pinkbuttons Sat 26-Jan-13 09:47:39

Thankyou phantom! I wasnt sure if should be a darker line by now. DH has agreed to get an expensive test though smile hopefully will feel more real

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 26-Jan-13 10:03:19

Try a First Response Early Response or a Superdrug test. I got fuzzy lines on Internet cheapies but a really clear BFP on a FRER. I think it's encouraging that AF is late and you're getting BFPs!

roofio87 Sat 26-Jan-13 11:33:06

sounds like a positive result to me!! maybe you ovulated a little later this month so you're not as pregnant as u thought? could be a reason for the faint line. keep testing and see if it gets clearer!! I tested positive yesterday with a very faint line so gonna re test tomorrow to give myself some time to produce some more hcg!!
hope you keep getting +s!! grin

Fairypants Sat 26-Jan-13 11:46:18

Wow pink buttons and roofio- it looks like you are both upduffed! A faint line could say more about the quality of the test than the amount of hormone.
Congrats to you both! smile

pinkbuttons Sat 26-Jan-13 12:07:44

thankyou everyone and congratulations for your BFP too roofio been and bought clear blue tests so will report back and if still faint going to test on Monday I think.

pinkbuttons Sat 26-Jan-13 13:17:12

Have just done a clear blue test. + sign came up nice and strong within 30s grin thankyou for all your reassurance.

roofio87 Sat 26-Jan-13 13:40:34

oh yay pinkbuttons!! massive congratulations on ur bfp!! I can't wait to do mine tomorrow now!! grin

pinkbuttons Sat 26-Jan-13 17:18:23

let us know roofio am sure will be another bfp!!! grin

quickdowntonson Sat 26-Jan-13 21:52:41

Congratulations on the BFP's!! grin.
Now for a silly question - what 'symptoms did you get the week before your AF was due? Anything different? Usual cramps/twinges? ANYTHING??!! (she says calmly, not stressing at all!)
Any responses will be fab ladies, this TWW is torture! x

roofio87 Sun 27-Jan-13 06:48:16

pinkbuttons there is no denying the + line I just for this morning (yes I got up at 6 30 on a Sunday morning to poas Haha!!) can't believe it,so so exciting!!grin

pinkbuttons Sun 27-Jan-13 09:15:41

yey roofio so excited for you too. I did the same yesterday waking up at 6:30 grin Still sinking in today and dont think will feel real until I go to the Drs.
Only symptoms Ive had in the past week are feeling completely exhausted to the point I thought I was getting flu and a few period like cramps but only on my right side hmm bit odd. are you having symptoms quick?

roofio87 Sun 27-Jan-13 10:09:04

I know I can't stop looking at the test Haha!!
now I know I'm pg I will let myself admit I've defo been having symptoms.I thought I must be imaging them but obviously not. my boobs have definitely grown and gone a bit veiny and nipples have gone larger. definitely got that metallic taste in my mouth that people talk about. and I am absolutely exhausted!! I've suffered from tiredness since I was really ill a couple of years ago but has definitely got worse!!
all worth it though. just terrified now, fxd for happy healthy pgs for us both pink xx

Reaa Sun 27-Jan-13 10:19:49

Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now