Elderberry Pavlovas And The Eternal Sausage of Wang (Part 4): a frightfully good thread for the over-30s TTC their first baby.

(996 Posts)
viviennewestwould Fri 25-Jan-13 18:58:59

Over here, sausage-wangers!

captainmoll Mon 18-Feb-13 22:46:14

Hello, quick update from me. I'm on my phone so could someone else copy and paste my line?

Captain, 32, ttc since summer 2011, awaiting DHs blood & SA results, on waiting list for lap&dye

You will notice there that I am still waiting for dh's results - he cancelled his docs appt today because of work grrrr humph. Rebooked for Thursday so I am back in suspense..

happylass Mon 18-Feb-13 23:56:05

Bunny 33, cycle 9, AF due 26th feb
Sidney, cycle 8
Aquarius, cycle 10/11
Boodle, 30, cycle 19
MotherOfCleo, cycle 5, ttc number 1 (either baby Harvey or baby Savanna)
twinklestar2 cycle 19, 34, BFP due weds 20thFeb
Soph cycle 20
Happylass cycle 6 (soon to be 7)
2cats 31, cycle 8, no fucking idea when AF is due based on my last cycle which was all over the place
Captain, 32, ttc since summer 2011, awaiting DHs blood & SA results, on waiting list for lap&dye

Bunnygirlie Tue 19-Feb-13 08:20:07

We need more dates, when are your AFs or BFwhatevers due? Who is on the 2ww?

MotherOfCleo Tue 19-Feb-13 09:19:09

Sidney, cycle 8
Aquarius, cycle 10/11
Boodle, 30, cycle 19
MotherOfCleo, cycle 5, ttc number 1, BFP due 28th Feb/1st Mar
Soph cycle 20
2cats 31, cycle 8, no fucking idea when AF is due based on my last cycle which was all over the place

MotherOfCleo Tue 19-Feb-13 09:20:41

added mine in below bunny I'm 6dpo I think, so well into the 2ww. Finding it easier this month.....FX.

i'm in the 2ww - 4dpo i think and on cycle 2.

af due 28 feb/1 march

not a patient person so hate this waiting

Pipbin Tue 19-Feb-13 13:09:34

Looks like we are cycle buddies Fairy.

I'm not expecting much this month. We dtd at the right time but the chances are really rather slim.

Boodle9 Tue 19-Feb-13 13:25:23

Okay, I'll add a bit more detail! Have added Fairy in too!

Sidney, cycle 8
Aquarius, cycle 10/11
Boodle, 30, cycle 19, AF due 15th Mar, waiting for FS referral
MotherOfCleo, cycle 5, ttc number 1, BFP due 28th Feb/1st Mar
Soph cycle 20
Fairydogmother, cycle 2, AF due 28th Feb / 1st Mar

Would bold them all, but it seems to get lost in the copy and pasting and I don't want to start a habit! smile

fingers crossed for us all x

happylass Tue 19-Feb-13 18:26:52

Just had my cd21 progesterone results back and the level was 47. Doc said 30 definitely indicates OV so all good there. Kind of knew that already tho as temp, OV pain, OPK and EWCM can't all be wrong! Reassuring to have it medically confirmed though!

Bunnygirlie Tue 19-Feb-13 19:20:09

Aaaaagh, it just had to happen didn't it, you know who is all over papers today with her tiny bump, the Daily fail website is full of bumps, I watch re-runs of Friends and Rachel is pg, I watch Greys and she is pg, everybody is PG!!!!!!

Rant over!

Lol I understand what you mean!

Good news happylass x

Aquarius1 Tue 19-Feb-13 19:33:36

Aaaarggghhhh [in tandem with boodle]

Can't cope with the royal bump either sad

She needs to gain a few kilos! X

Bunnygirlie Tue 19-Feb-13 20:21:26

I'm a big fan of hers but I don't wanna see her all the time, it makes me sad sad

Great news happy

Boodle9 Tue 19-Feb-13 20:37:53

Another one here who can't be doing with Kate and her bump! Also really glad Friends is no longer on Freeview so that I don't have the temptation to watch and upset myself with the baby/pregnancy storylines!

It's hard enough keeping up appearances with real-life pregnancies and babies; I've got no time for celebs/fictional ones!

Speaking of fictional pregnancies, the worst one for me was in Scrubs. There's an episode where Carla and Turk have just started trying and she's moaning about getting her period and they've been trying for TWO whole months. hmm I loved that show, but if I ever see that episode again, I know I'm going to be yelling at the TV!

Boodle9 Tue 19-Feb-13 20:40:39

Oh, Happy! Sorry, just read your news - 47 sounds like a good score!

Soph80 Tue 19-Feb-13 20:54:19

Hi guys! Went to my close friends for tea tonight and she announced that shes pregnant (literally with 2 months of trying). Really had to focus on looking exciting when all I really wanted to do was go home and sob sad. Know I should be really happy for her but I'm so god damn jealous!

Oh and FYI when I get finally pregnant I'm going to take as many pics as possible in my bikini although I'm guessing the Sun won't be interested!

Bunnygirlie Tue 19-Feb-13 21:16:25

Oh Soph that sucks! Does she know you are trying?

I know how you feel, since we started trying one of my hens has had her second, another has had her first and another announced she is pg with her 4th!!!

captainmoll Tue 19-Feb-13 21:20:25

I'm in a room right now with my SIL who is breast feeding and dandling her lovely little boy and I'm having to hide in the corner and write this because I am so close to tears and I have to let it out somewhere where I don't feel insane.

This is supposed to be a joyful thing, right?hmm

Bunnygirlie Tue 19-Feb-13 21:29:06

Hugs captain tough innit, we just have to think about the days when we have beautiful babies. And when we have babies there will be other women jealous of our bumps and jealous of our happiness, life goes on even when we are sad

happylass Tue 19-Feb-13 21:29:09

After the good news that I'm definitely ovulating AF just decided to show up and kick me in the teeth arrrrrgh! Onwards to (lucky?) cycle 7.
Have somehow managed to avoid all the pics of pg celebrities but did read somewhere that Ant (of Ant and Dec) and his wife have been TTC for 3 years. Sad for them but good to see some stories of the difficulties of TTC in the press too.

Bunnygirlie Tue 19-Feb-13 21:30:55

I agree happy I thought that this morn too, nobody ever talks about how tough it is!

Soph80 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:33:22

bunny - yeh, I've probably driven her mad with my moaning lol. I was the one who gave her all her conception info! Feel so guilty I'm not happier for her.

speaking on hens, etc, one of my friends decided to conceive on my wedding night (without discussing it properly with DP first as she was VERY drunk). She basically made him pull over in a layby on the way home and practically got pregnant strait away!!!

Captain - bizarrely, I was ok at my friends yesterday when went to visit her newborn. Might have gotten upset if she'd breastfed though x

Boodle9 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:47:03

Aww, Soph and Captain - so sorry you've had emotionally difficult evenings. Captain I know that feeling ever so well re: SIL. Mine's been over with her baby girl and I can't help but just feel miserable and jealous. I know I should be able to feel happy for her, and yeah, I do, but my happiness for her is nothing compared to the sadness I feel for myself. Then I start telling myself how so many people in the world have it so much worse than me and add a big heap of guilt into the mix too!

At least I've always got my fallback excuse - work stress! It's seen me through some tough times lately!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now