Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

Elderberry Pavlovas And The Eternal Sausage of Wang (Part 4): a frightfully good thread for the over-30s TTC their first baby.

(996 Posts)
viviennewestwould Fri 25-Jan-13 18:58:59

Over here, sausage-wangers!

Boodle9 Wed 30-Jan-13 22:18:39

I'm going to "do a Boodle" now and post twice in a row because there is ALWAYS something I forget to say. (I hope everyone just thinks it's a cute quirk...?!)

No sign of Viv today then? Where are you, Viv? I'm worried you've buggered off! Don't do that - we all need somewhere to vent our spleen.

Also, wanted to make another addition to Boodle's ridiculous list of jealousy. You'll hopefully remember item 1 is the moon (for her crescent 'round tummy' and association with fertility). Coming in at number 2 is a car that I keep seeing on my way to work with the number plate 'BFP'.

Bastards. The both of them.

Bunnygirlie Wed 30-Jan-13 22:38:59

Noooooo boodle that's awful! Why is it when you are thinking about something you notice things everywhere, all I see everyday is lucky fatties, celeb fatties posing naked with their bumps etc...

It is very quiet in here this week, are we all fed up?

We had quite a few BFPs in a row but nothing for ages and ages sad we must be due one soon!

CD5 here so in limbo like you happy, gonna start DTD at the weekend to ease DH into it without so much pressure. At least that's what I hope, dec and jan were disasters hardly DTD at all, I really hope feb is a good month, even if it's just to get back into the routine of lots of sex.

Boodle9 Wed 30-Jan-13 23:02:36

I know, Bunny! I think I project my annoyance onto things like cars and celestial bodies so as to avoid getting pissed off with the stupid number of actual pregnant ladies/people with newborns in my life! I know it's horrible of me to think that way, but if I can't say it to a bunch of names on a screen, who can I say it to?! grin

Here's to all the sex in February for you! The month of romance and lying on your back with your legs in the air, waving them round like you just don't care!

Aquarius1 Thu 31-Jan-13 08:21:07

Hurray another episode of the boodle show ! wink Damn that car registration - that would annoy me too although part of me might vainly hope it was a sign....

bunny i second what boodle said - hoping you & your oh can get enough bedtime (or not as the case may be) action for this cycle

<chuckles at car reg> - I have a van I walk past with HPT in massive letters on the side. It's either only there at the end of my cycle, or that's the only time I notice it, but it doesn't help the willpower...

Cd8 here and starting to look forward to poa opk this weekend, it's got that sad bad.

boodle I think it's a good idea to see doc if you're worried about blood levels. Have you been on iron in the past?

How's everyone doing today?

SidneyBristow Thu 31-Jan-13 09:13:11

Boodle the dr was in the US, so not much help over here I'm afraid. I had serious dr envy; this guy got my cousin nearly free of crippling migraines just by changing her diet wondering if that second cookie this morning was really necessary

I'm with Aquarius, maybe think of the moon & the annoying number plate as the universe's way of saying "hang in there"? Or, you could always take a marker to the plate to change the "P" to an "8" or something, but I think the moon is pretty much gonna do its thing til the end of time!

Here's a wine to all the Feb sex on the menu!

MotherOfCleo Thu 31-Jan-13 10:35:40

AF has landed.......grrrr. sad

janey1234 Thu 31-Jan-13 10:39:44

sad sad sad sad sad for you mother

MotherOfCleo Thu 31-Jan-13 10:43:15

thanks janey no idea what my body was up to this month! sad

Pants, sorry mother, it had looked so promising. Mother nature likes to play tricks on us angry.

happylass Thu 31-Jan-13 11:40:05

Sorry to hear that Mother sad

captainmoll Thu 31-Jan-13 11:57:53

Sorry Mother. Better luck next round.

SidneyBristow Thu 31-Jan-13 12:37:54

Sorry mother sad

navis176 Thu 31-Jan-13 13:56:16

mother - boo!

kinda bored here today - 2 more days of sme plan to go - then waiting for af/poas....I am so rubbish at waiting [sigh] at least +ive opk was 2 days early so can poas on 12th instead of 14th - small yay!

how's everyone else? any interesting news?

Boodle9 Thu 31-Jan-13 17:35:35

Pah to AF, Mother - that's rubbish!

Oh Aquarius, I do wish it were a sign, but I started spotting it about a year ago! If it's a sign then it's a bloody slow one that needs a kick up the bum!

Sidney, your philosophical outlook on the moon 'pretty much doing her thing 'til the end of time' made me snigger! Damn that the dr is American though! I think I should try to track down an American GP!

Thunder, yes, I've had ferrous sulphates prescribed in the past; initially to treat anaemia and then to prevent. I suppose I need to just gather all my gumption, head to the doctors and refuse to leave until they agree that something isn't right. I'm good at saying it now, but when I go I just sit in their office like a soggy flan waiting to get sent packing with my tail between my legs (--that's one weird flan...--) and a 'come back in 6 months' order.

Still no sign of anything on my ovulation sticks, although I realised this morning that I was a day ahead of myself and I am actually on CD14 today. Still sulking though as the last few months I've ov'd a few times on CD15/16 whereas earlier in the TTC journey it was more CD17/18. Looks like it might be going back to later, if it is going to happen at all.

Aquarius1 Thu 31-Jan-13 18:31:47

[kicks car reg plate up the bum] ouch

I'm in a long &boring train journey and need some one to have some news or something.... Otherwise I'll keep googling imaginary symptoms (eg why aren't my boobs sore -as if dr google knows...)

viv lass hope you've not given up on MN altogether?

Boodle9 Thu 31-Jan-13 18:41:35

Why are you on a long train journey, Aquarius? This sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to spend ages reading more 'mumsnet classics' threads! Don't go near the random acts of kindness one though - it makes me sniffle.

Aquarius1 Thu 31-Jan-13 18:44:17

Going back up to Yorkshire after a work thing in the south. Annoyingly iPhone running out of juice and person next to me is hogging the plug...what's the etiquette here? Give him an hour &then tell him I need it??

Boodle9 Thu 31-Jan-13 19:04:55

I have never been in that situation (My phone used to belong to a T-Rex and was probably last charged around then too) but my gut instinct is that an hour is generous! Why don't you say now 'Is it OK if I use the plug when you're finished with it?' in the hope that it will guilt them into letting you have it sooner?

Bunnygirlie Thu 31-Jan-13 19:11:27

Evening all!

Sorry to hear that mother back to the start with us sad

Hubby out tonight so having a pamper night, bubble bath, mani pedi and general prettification routine for DTD week/s. Any suggestions for places that sell pretty undies but not too pricey seeing as they won't be worn long lol

Boodle9 Thu 31-Jan-13 19:38:51

Bunny, get you making all that effort! We DTD last night and I forgot to buy some new razor blades last week. I had to explain that he was indeed making sweet love to his wife, and not a rogue yeti that had somehow snuck into the house and climbed into the bed.

Could you try somewhere like Debenhams for nice undies? They have so much lingerie in there, there's nearly always something on offer? Not something I worry about too much though; we have a nudity clause (i.e. always be naked) when it comes to TTC. DH has no imagination whatsoever, so no point trying to 'leave anything' to it!

Aquarius1 Thu 31-Jan-13 20:32:13

Well after trying to get my phone charged I couldn't get any reception hmph... boodle I chickened out and changed seats- was at a table so needed to change anyway- I hate table seats. Everyone trying not to stare at each other and rub knees.

On the underwear I'd go for m&s as an alternative - think they do 3 for £12 and they've got some nice lacy numbers in all different styles...

I get called yeti-like names too when I've ignored my razor. I don't have time for regular maintenance - dont get how anyone does- but I know dh likes it when I do smile

Bunnygirlie Thu 31-Jan-13 20:46:19

Lol I wax once a month so after 2 weeks I start to resemble a yeti tee hee

Don't know why I'm bothering with undies, hubby is a morning person so most of the time it's jimjams and fuzzy hair [Confused]

Aquarius1 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:04:35

Eeee you're a brave lass for waxing bunny - I never got into it

What about some glam jim jams - i recently bought a slinky satin night shirt that dh likes -from bhs of all places - feels nice to wear & I don't feel such a scruff when I wake up in it

Boodle9 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:05:15

smile I've just realised an assumption has been made about the location of my 'yeti-ness'! It was actually my legs and blush armpits that were the issue! Other places were actually quite tidy because I made sure I was ready for my recent encounter with the dildocam !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now