IUIs?

(6 Posts)
Soph80 Wed 23-Jan-13 21:19:56

If so, Can I ask if you got it on the NHS or went private? Also, what did you try first?

Thanks guys x

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Wed 23-Jan-13 21:49:54

My NHS Authority do not offer IUI.

I have had 6 months of Clomid and am about to start round 2 of ovulation induction. If that fails (we get 3 attempts) it is straight to IVF.

Soph80 Fri 25-Jan-13 20:36:18

Frankley - thanks for that. Wondering whether its worth going private, know it doesn't have a great success rate. Did the Clomid get you ovulating? Not actually sure what ovulation induction is but I hope it goes well x

Soph80 Fri 25-Jan-13 20:36:39

Frankley - thanks for that. Wondering whether its worth going private, know it doesn't have a great success rate. Did the Clomid get you ovulating? Not actually sure what ovulation induction is but I hope it goes well x

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Fri 25-Jan-13 21:10:29

Hi Soph, the Clomid did get me ovulating on some cycles, but not others so the Dr decided to call it quits.

From what I understand IUI is generally only used when there are male infertility factors.

Ovulation Induction (I think other NHS authorities call it something else) involves daily injections of Follicle Stimulating Hormone with regular scans. Once I produce a few follicles that are big enough I have to take a trigger injection that will make me ovulate. Fingers crossed it works!

Soph80 Fri 25-Jan-13 21:43:34

I'm on my first round of clomid. Not sure if it'll work though as I was already ovulating! I'll just try anything! How long have you been ttc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now