OPK question

(6 Posts)

I am using the cheapy OPK strips and am currently on Cd 16.

On Monday, CD 14, we DTD in the morning. In the evening I got my LH surge.

We didn't manage to do it the next day, CD 15 ie yesterday...(tried but did not reach a satisfactory conclusion iykwim) but did it again this morning.

Now am wondering if we did enough, or if we missed the boat last night?

We also did it a few times over the weekend.

What do you think...

Sorry for appalling & confusing grammar in my OP blush

Irishmammybread Wed 23-Jan-13 19:36:28

Hi!
If you go on the websites www.justmommies.com or www.babycentre.co.uk both have information about the ideal time for intercourse that leads to conception. The 1-2 days BEFORE ovulation are apparently most likely to lead to conception.
They say even dtd 3-4 days before ovulation is more likely to result in conception than on the day of ovulation itself (which surprised me!).
If you dtd the morning of the day you got your LH surge it sounds like you're in with a good chance!
Good luck!

RedRobin1 Wed 23-Jan-13 21:26:05

I think you've got it covered well. Sperm can survive 3-5days in fertile window and if you were ovulating it can't get more fertile than that. You should be fine smile

Francescarose Wed 23-Jan-13 21:52:25

As the others have said the sperm can live a good few days so you've got a good chance! Fingers crossed for you!

Xx

Oh wow I've just seen these responses. Thanks so much! Fingers crossed and into the 2ww I go then...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now