TTC tips + stories

(6 Posts)
SassySask Mon 21-Jan-13 13:44:52

Thanks very much! I will make a doctors appointment.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sun 20-Jan-13 17:05:36

Hello Sassy and welcome to the conception section.

I definitely think a trip to the doctors would be worthwhile given your history, even if it simply to put your mind at ease. Another loss would be heart-breaking especially if it could have been prevented.

If you click on the picture of the sperm meeting an egg at the top of the thread it takes you to the conception pages of mumsnet. There you'll find some good pre-conception advice. From memory, I think there is a check list of things to consider (like whether your smear test is up-to-date, checking your rubella status etc.)

The list is maybe a little OTT but it's a good starting point.

lyndsey90 Sun 20-Jan-13 16:21:13

My suggestion if you've just started TTC is not to overly think or focus on it xx

lyndsey90 Sun 20-Jan-13 16:20:28

2 week wait after ovulation xx

SassySask Sun 20-Jan-13 16:19:07

Also what does "2ww" mean, can't see it on the acronym list.

SassySask Sun 20-Jan-13 16:10:50

Hey lovelies...first time posting in this section so be gentle!

My partner and I have decided to TTC and I am just in the hunt of any tips, stories, experiences that you have to share!

I have just had the implant taken out and picking up some folic acid tomorrow. I don't smoke and not a heavy drinker but don't plan on drinking at all and I am fairly healthy eater anyway. Just wondering if I have missed anything?

Finally, I have previously experienced a miscarriage at 15 weeks due to my body/blood fighting the embryo thinking it was an infection or something. I can't really remember but I know it is due to my blood type. Do I need to see my doctor to discuss this and the likelihood of it happening again?

Thanks all in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now