TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

Thisisfreakingmeout Sat 06-Apr-13 23:04:40

Hi knittingninja I like your name!
Forgot to give stats. I'm 30, boy is 29. About to kick off. It's ridiculous. Exciting. Alarming.
AF arrived so I am counting down to first month ttc. With my piddle cycle I should get to it from 15th I reckon. #keennewbie

Beccadugs Sun 07-Apr-13 00:27:06

Hi Ladies,

Please may I join too? We are going to start trying next month (DH is v superstitious and want a baby to be born in 2014.. hmm )

I am so excited, but fell like I need to soak up lots of wisdom!!

Madratlady Sun 07-Apr-13 18:56:53

Hi freaking and becca , hope you get your bfps soon!

I feel like AF is going to arrive aby time so it looks like this isn't going to be our month sad

Going to order some ovulation sticks off Amazon for my next cycle

WakeyCakey Mon 08-Apr-13 08:00:45

1week into the 2ww, not gone mad until today, first day off in a while.
I POAS this morning in complete confusion. Honestly thought it was next week already blush
So I'm symptom spotting now, also taking bets on the length of my cycle this month
So far
C1-13
C2-19
C3-34
C4-30 so far and counting...

123234345 Mon 08-Apr-13 12:04:51

kd83 - I agree with you about uncertainty. There are so many other things to do in life that I don't specifically mind not having kids yet. However I still get upset when I think I might be pregnant then turn out not to be just because of the uncertainty of it all. I'll have to learn not to be such a control freak if I have kids...

Knittingninja Tue 09-Apr-13 17:48:27

Hi Thisisfreakingmeout, thanks! I like your name too and am totally with you on that....

WakeyCakey Tue 09-Apr-13 18:00:21

Symptom spotting today....still no AF so cycle is looking as long as the last.

Have dandruff for the first time. Seems to have appeared overnight!
My hair was lovely yesterday but is a flaky mess today!!
Could this be a sign??

PistachioTruffle Tue 09-Apr-13 19:07:42

Dropping by to update - I got bfp on Sunday grin

Hope everyone is doing well!

WakeyCakey Tue 09-Apr-13 19:08:55

Congrats pistachio!!!! So happy for you!!

angelttc91 Tue 09-Apr-13 21:37:01

Hi there! Thought I'd care to join as ttc is getting me down at the moment, me and my oh are in our early 20s and have been trying for our first for a year now, with no luck.

Congratulations to all who got their bfp wish recently! Xxx

PistachioTruffle Tue 09-Apr-13 23:28:09

Thank you Wakey thanks

123234345 Wed 10-Apr-13 14:02:45

Congratulations Pistachio! Brilliant news. I seem to remember we met on a thread at new year when a group of us all were late with our periods and were wondering what was going on. Hopefully the rest will get their BFPs soon.

And welcome angelttc91. We've been trying for the same amount of time - I think it's pretty usual to try for at least a year, and time is on your side. Have you been to the GP to get checked out? We're just waiting for our referral to fertility clinic.

ticktock1979 Wed 10-Apr-13 17:16:36

Pistachio!! Congratulations - too exciting! Really hoping this is the start of a trend. Fingers crossed xxx grin

Beccadugs Wed 10-Apr-13 23:54:59

Congratulations pistachio! Looks like we will be ships passing in the night!

Hi Angel, know what you mean about it getting you down. I went mad looking at baby stuff now that OH said we are officially TTC, and now feel v blue and stupid for getting excited!

PistachioTruffle Thu 11-Apr-13 19:56:03

Thankyou everyone thanks

Fingers crossed for some more BFP's on this thread grin

WakeyCakey Fri 12-Apr-13 18:01:33

BFN again. I'm on CD34. AF came cd33 last month.
Will wait a week I think and test again if AF doesn't show.

Wasted a CB digital as well I was so convinced! Back to symptom spotting!

123234345 Fri 12-Apr-13 20:16:59

Fingers crossed Wakey. Try to keep your mind off it as much as you can though (which is not very much, if you're like me).

Thisisfreakingmeout Fri 12-Apr-13 21:53:49

Great news pistachio! May it be contagious! Hold tight wakey, we're beaming good news vibes at you.x

Nottalotta Fri 12-Apr-13 22:11:34

Hello, complete newbie and don't get the lingo. What is AF, BFN, BFP, CD...., CB?? I am 35 and was on depo jab until december (jab due 6th dec but didn't have it) no proper period as yet.

Madratlady Fri 12-Apr-13 23:15:02

AF = Aunt Flo (period)
BFN = big fat negative when taking a pregnancy test
BFP = big fat positive
CD = cycle day
CB = clearblue, a brand of pregnancy test and fertility monitor
CM = cervical mucous
DTD = doing the deed

Madratlady Fri 12-Apr-13 23:15:52

Just ordering some ovulation sticks to use this cycle. AF arrived this evening (35 day cycle this time).

hopetobeamum Sat 13-Apr-13 06:44:08

Hi Everyone,

I'm 26 DH 30 We are TTC our 1st. I have irregular periods spotting all the time and not sure when or if i ovulate. I recently had a D&C and all came back fine and i have hypothyroid which is at a good level due to my thyroxine. I had my first proper AF on the 19th march and it ended on the 3rd april (15d) I started tracking OPK on the 5th but no positives so far. I'm confused because i've been really tired sleeping 7hrs night and 5 hrs naps in the day, ive also been having headaches and brown spotting the last few days when i wipe. Do you think its possible I O while on my last days of period? my Hubby and I have been at it since the 4th. I tested negative on hpt but will try again in a week. Fingers crossed but may be AF coming early. Ive never been a short cycle kinda girl always 40 day cycles plus.

Thisisfreakingmeout Sat 13-Apr-13 08:21:25

hopeto no wonder your confused but you'll get there. Sorry I don't have any real knowledge to share but I'm keeping things crossed for you.

WakeyCakey Sat 13-Apr-13 15:10:41

Well AF has arrived today! So onwards and upwards! At least now I know my cycles are a more regular 34 days as opposed to jumping all over the place.
Hope everyone is doing well!

Nottalotta Sat 13-Apr-13 18:39:54

Thank you madratlady, that clears things up a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now