TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

HotCrossPun Tue 26-Mar-13 19:44:29

Oh, I think I'll get them too. I have zero patience, now we have decided we want to ttc I want to be pregnant now!

I'm sure once you get your BFP he will allow himself to get excited. My DP can be a bit cautious about it to, mostly because he's read lots of scary things about how male fertility has dropped when they are that age.

Let's think positive though smile

Madratlady Tue 26-Mar-13 21:00:24

Assuming I'm unsuccessful this cycle I think I'll buy some OPKs so I know what's going on. This cycle I had possible ov pains on CD12, then possible EWCM on CD15, so I currently may be 7 or 3 DPO depending on which was right. Alternatively I may have been completely wrong and ovulated a different day.

I'm feeling a bit crampy this evening. I think my body might just be out to confuse me!

Thisisfreakingmeout Tue 26-Mar-13 21:03:13

Hi, may I join you? Me and boy have just decided to ttc from April. We are getting married in early summer so trying to avoid messing with the wedding too much if we get lucky early on.
The concept of that first month is alarming. Anyone else get spooked by that leap?

We are both excited about this next phase in our lives and hopeful it all goes smoothly and safely as possible.
Good luck all.

Frizz1986 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:25:10

Yay me and dp are finally ttc!!
Its only just over a week until we marry and the other night dp gave the green light smile I think we have missed this month as according to the past 2 months (came off the pill in Dec so have been monitoring cycle length) af is due any day, but at least it feels like we are on the move so to speak. I am fingers crossing that maybe my cycles havent settled yet and we could catch it, but as it is so unlikely, i am feeling very chilled and excited.

HotCrossPun Thu 28-Mar-13 19:28:41

Could somebody post a list of the conceiving abbreviations? I'm getting a bit lost grin

WakeyCakey Thu 28-Mar-13 20:45:10

TTC-trying to conceive
AF-period (aunt flow)
Opk-ovulation predictor kit
HPT-home pregnancy test
BFP-fig fat positive (on a test)
BFN- big fat negative
CD- cycle day

There are more but I think they are the biggies!

HotCrossPun Thu 28-Mar-13 20:50:08

Thanks Wakey thanks

Now I can go and read the previous posts and actually understand them this time smile

Thisisfreakingmeout Fri 29-Mar-13 08:17:02

Thanks Wakey. I understood the meaning but didn't get the acronyms at all. This helps.

jazzcat28 Fri 29-Mar-13 08:24:57

Ladies can I join you? DH and I have started this week - very excited!

Came off pill 1st march but no AF yet, so no idea what my cycles are.

DH and I are 28, married in 2012.

ticktock1979 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:19:32

Happy Easter Ladies!

2ww starts here - keeping everything crossed. Off work for the whole 2 weeks so don't even have that to distract me & keep my mind occupied. smile

essie81 Mon 01-Apr-13 19:45:04

Can I join too?
Been off pill since Dec (after 17 years - oops! That whizzed by!) now 32 and dh 35. I think if he'd had his way we'd have been TTC a bit earlier but whole thing has taken me a while to get my head around (complicated childhood - scared I'll make same mistakes etc!!!). I joined here for a bit of support and realized what an ignoramus I am when it comes to my body! I've learnt tons already just be lurking so thanks already! And happy easter! grin

essie81 Mon 01-Apr-13 19:45:31

*by lurking. Stooopid phone!

Bikey86 Tue 02-Apr-13 18:20:42

Can I join too...me and dh decided to TTC last month so came off cerazette after 6 months and waited for AF to arrive first. Currently around fertile time now (I think) of my first cycle so plenty of DTD!! Which is great!!! Good luck to everyone TTC #1 x

Unami Tue 02-Apr-13 18:49:39

I'd like to join too if that's ok.

Totally new to this, so quite confused. Just came off the pill (loestrin) at the end of January. AF came right on time at the end of February, but didn't show up in March. Still waiting. Got nothing but a BFN.

I know it's a waiting game but....we didn't dtd after the 18th of March, so is there even any chance of a BFP showing up by now?

I just want someone to put me out my misery and tell me that AF is just plain late, and that I can have a great big glass of wine to console myself with.

LoveLaughingLots Wed 03-Apr-13 12:02:02

Hi Everyone,

Just posting back to check on everyone and to post an update. I decided to have a break from posting on TTC boards because I couldn't handle the pressure. I think the focus on 'trying' meant that thats is what i was doing, just TRYING I wasn't actually getting pregnant.

Anyway, it's true what they say, when you forget about it, it happens! I'm 6 weeks pregnant and very happy. Quite nervous, but happy.

Wanted to say hi and check on how some of the ladies are that were posting the same time I was wakey and pistachio - I hope you're good.

Fingers crossed for everyone, stay positive! And try to forget if you can!

LLL

Thisisfreakingmeout Wed 03-Apr-13 16:48:19

Yay congrats LLL!

ticktock1979 Thu 04-Apr-13 08:13:41

Huge congratulations LLL! All the best for a happy & healthy pregnancy. grin

LoveLaughingLots Thu 04-Apr-13 10:36:18

ThisIsFreakingMeOut and TickTock Thanks so much! Sending you all babydust!

LLL

Madratlady Thu 04-Apr-13 17:31:45

Congratulations LLL! I hope your pregnancy passes smoothly and quickly.

I know what you mean about pressure, I hide during the 2WW but post again when AF appears and before I ov.

PistachioTruffle Thu 04-Apr-13 17:46:01

Congratulations LLL, wonderful news! grin
No bfp yet, but no af either. I think I might do the same and avoid the boards for a little while, just to try and relax a bit more (even while I wasn't posting, I was lurking, so I've been around for quite a while!)

Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy thanks

WakeyCakey Thu 04-Apr-13 18:38:01

LLL congratulations!!!
I've been trying to avoid posting too much as well.
So happy you got your BFP was thinking about you just this morning!

I've lost track of my cycle this month, haven't caught ovulation on an OPK but haven't been testing every day on CD26 so if its the same as lasting I'm in 2ww and testing next Friday which is quite exciting again!

How is everyone else doing?
Nice to see you again madrat and pistachio

Any sign of bartlet?

Rainbowdrop8 Thu 04-Apr-13 19:16:20

Hello, another newbie! Hope it's ok to join you ladies

I'm 29 and DH is 30, ttc for the first time. Stopped cerazette today grin so literally just at the start of this journey.

Excited but nervous!

123234345 Fri 05-Apr-13 10:02:13

Congratulations LLL! I need to take inspiration from you and just relax and forget about 'trying' so much. Easier said than done though!

sairwa99 Fri 05-Apr-13 20:16:06

Hi newbies!

Congrats LLL!! fab news! Fingers crossed for everyone else!

...think I need to take a leaf out of LLL's book and chill out. This is 1st real month of ttc but feel like I've been waiting ages on this 2ww. Due AF some time this weekend, not regular so not sure when though.
I stupidly poas (bfn) knowing it was far to early but I don't feel like im due on if that makes sense... not bloated, no headaches as usual.
I do however have twinges in my lower tummy, boobs are sore (never get this from AF) and lower back pain.... Its hard to not just think it must have worked!
After reading different threads on here I didn't want to be like this, just to be disappointed in the end.

Trying not to obsess... but its hard! Even though im scared im dying for a bfp!

Good luck to all the other newbies too!!! smile

Knittingninja Fri 05-Apr-13 21:04:20

Can I join? DH and I are both 28, actually I tell a lie, it's his birthday today so now he is older!

We've been TTC for about a year, got Implanon implant taken out Nov 2011 but didn't start trying straight away. Just seen GP to have bloods done but fingers crossed everything will be fine.

Only just joined Mumsnet so lovely to know I am not alone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now