TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

PistachioTruffle Tue 19-Mar-13 07:58:33

madrat that does sound promisingly like ov pain!

Got watery cm today, really feel like it won't be this month as I just can't see how we can dtd enough while I'm on night shifts - our work pattern jut doesn't cross over! I can see now though that I must ov later in my cycle than I thought, which makes sense as they are 36ish days. Ho hum.

Madratlady Tue 19-Mar-13 08:53:48

I work shifts too Pistachio , I find the best time to did when i'm on nights is when DH gets in from work as we have a couple of hours together before I go out.

I really hope it happens for me this month. I took a cardigan I made for my friend's 4mo DD yesterday and it made me even more broody! My last cycle was 7 weeks though, 3 weeks late and getting bfns was so disappointing.

Poppy79 Tue 19-Mar-13 20:42:27

Hi all, I'm after some thoughts/advice please; firstly I apologise for tmi!I'm on cd15 and experienced some bleeding on cd13, it was bright red and enough to mark my knickers but no-more after that, cd14 I had a pink tinge to cm but woke up this morning to more red stuff and a min-period, seems to have dried up through the day and gone brown now &just a little when wiping. I'm charting and the chart reckons I ovulated on cd11 but from my temps I think it's more likely to be cd13. I've never had inter-cycle bleeding before, so I'm wondering if it may be ov related or bd related? (Bd'd cd 9, 11, 13 & 14). Googling far too much and not really finding a straight answer! Thank you xx

boogles18 Tue 19-Mar-13 22:16:08

Hi girls, I am completely new to the forum, and not familiar with some of the abbreviations, so bear with me! I'm 32, hubby 34....off pill for well over a year now, been trying ie being careless for couple of months before Christmas and trying hard since Christmas. Previously 30ish day cycle but last one started almost a week early on 13/2/2013 and nothing since. Negative preg test again today....so disappointed

Hello all, can I join? DP and I have decided we are going to go for it - getting engaged and TTC. I'm 35 and he is 33. None of it really seems real yet so I'm hoping that by writing it down it might become a bit more so!

123234345 Wed 20-Mar-13 10:24:03

Poppy - no idea, I wonder whether you should ask a nurse or doctor?

I spoke to my GP about the cancelled referral to the fertility clinic and it was just a minor admin error. They've resubmitted the referral and I'll keep you posted as to what happens.

boogles18 Wed 20-Mar-13 21:12:26

So I'm now 5w since AF and still no show. Neg test yesterday. Bit low back pain today, never have back pain with AF. Do feel a little bit nauseous at times but suffer bit from IBS so not sure if its related or not. Anyone else with neg test at 5w and tuen out to be pregnant?! Really clutching at straws here, would love some stories to help.....smile

PistachioTruffle Thu 21-Mar-13 15:51:40

Boogles, perhaps if you ovulated late in your cycle there wouldn't be enough hcg to register yet? How long are your cycles normally?

boogles18 Thu 21-Mar-13 20:47:45

Hi Pistachio, seem to be around 30-32 day cycle, and was regular as clockwork until my early period in February, so I suppose I'm day 37 today...And negative. Think i might have to give up hope for this cycle....but still no period. This really is such a roller coaster!

MrsAVB Fri 22-Mar-13 08:49:06

Hello all, may I join? I'm 30, hubby 35 and we have been ttc since September 2012 for our first baby. According to my cycle am ovulating now, and AF will be due/ will be testing around 7th April. Is anyone else at a similar point? And is anyone else terrified of having a baby? X

TheSlug Fri 22-Mar-13 10:06:39

I'm still not due on AF for another 9 days but am symptom spotting like nobodies business... lower back pain, sore boobs, acid reflux/ heartburn... need to keep myself in check otherwise I am going to go mad! my DH even said to me yesterday 'Well maybe my stuff works fast and they're swelling already' when I said my boobs were sore!

Bartlet4America Fri 22-Mar-13 11:30:00

Hi all. I haven't been on for a bit because of such a busy week.

So I'm 11 days late for AF. BFN, BFN, BFN. So fed up! Feeling so rubbish.

Just want her to show up so we can start again. I've got terrible lower back pain and sore boobs, but no AF. WTF!

Hope you're all well xxx

Madratlady Fri 22-Mar-13 14:10:28

I'm starting the 2ww I think. I got what I think were ovulation pains on tuesday (CD12) so I assume I've ovulated now. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

TheSlug Fri 22-Mar-13 14:54:01

Barlet sad that sucks! I really don't know anything about TTC to be honest so don't have any advice just some sympathy!

Madratlady Fri 22-Mar-13 18:55:27

Bartlet hope you get a BFP or AF soon. The waiting is horrible!

Bartlet4America Fri 22-Mar-13 20:20:59

Thanks ladies. Such a pain! I'm sick of doing preg tests too.

Have prepared to step it up once she comes: have got some Conceive Plus and ovulation sticks. Bring it on!!

boogles18 Fri 22-Mar-13 23:33:05

Bartlet I'm in exactly same position, im 6 days late, sore back every day, still no AF. Was feeling pretty nauseated last wk but has passed. BFN. Just want AF so can try again....sick of doing preg tests hoping it will show something different. Think I just need to give up hope for this month anyway.

Bartlet4America Sat 23-Mar-13 16:28:25

boogles you never know, at 6 days late, there's still a chance you could just have ovulated slightly later than you think!

I stupidly went out and got a First Response today as a last-ditch attempt at a BFP, but obviously a BFN again. So I'm just waiting for AF now. Typical that when I want her to come, she keeps me waiting...

PistachioTruffle Sun 24-Mar-13 14:05:54

I hope AF doesn't keep you waiting too much longer Bartlet, it's terrible when AF is this late - on the one hand there's still the hope of a bfp, on the other you just wish it would hurry up and get out of the way so you can start again!

I'm on day 25 of a 33-36ish day cycle, 9 days post ov according to fertility friend, but as I forgot a couple of temps I'm not sure how a accurate it is. I've had some mild cramping but as this happens quite often anyway (have had some investigations for it) I don't think it means anything.

Alohomora Sun 24-Mar-13 16:56:40

Hello ladies, may I join in here? A bit prematurely as we're only planning to start ttc until later in the year but I need to start planning now and can't just let things be.

I've decided to come of Cerazette now (seem to forget it quite often these days anyway), I'm also larger and though active would like to get my weight down and my energy levels up before embarging on this adventure!

Last time I took a break from BC my periods came back straight away so we'll see, I'll start monitoring my ovulation and hope I'll find a good rhythm.

Looking forward to hearing about your bfps while I'm waiting to start ttc in earnest!

HotCrossPun Sun 24-Mar-13 20:24:27

Glad to see some other new joiners!

I am getting the implant taken out this week. I am 23 and DP is 40. Excited/nervous to start trying, but glad to see there are many in the same boat.

Good luck everybody smile

boogles18 Mon 25-Mar-13 21:39:27

Thanks Bartlet, still no AF! Will be 6w since lmp tomorrow. Having annoying lower abdo cramps, but not as severe as pms, they come and go frequently, and still low back pain. Nausea has settled. Haven't done another hpt, might check again at wkend if still no AF but can't imagine going from BFN to BFP 7 days later. I just think if I'm pregnant I should KNOW, right?

WakeyCakey Tue 26-Mar-13 18:35:12

HotCrossPun glad to see someone else of the same age (and age difference) to myself and DP.
Does your DP have any children at all at the moment? (Gosh I'm so nosy!)
Hope everyone is holding out ok!
Haven't ovulated yet this cycle as only on CD17 last cycle is was cd23 so using opk's like a mad woman!

HotCrossPun Tue 26-Mar-13 19:15:29

WakeyCakey Oh that's interesting! I don't know many people that have as big an age gap as me and DP smile

He raised his step daughter from when she was about 4, but doesn't have any biological children, so he's as excited as me about the prospect of a baby!

I've only just started coming on this board so I'm unaware of all the lingo! What is OPK?

WakeyCakey Tue 26-Mar-13 19:29:52

Ovulation predictor kit. You may have seen those adverts for the clear blue 20 tests, well that's what I'm using!
DP has a Daughter, although she is 12 so he hasn't been a dad to a baby in a long time smile

He's not showing loads of excitement but he's told me he doesn't want me to get my hopes up if all doesn't go well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now