TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

WakeyCakey Mon 04-Mar-13 18:16:26

It's crap isn't it. My colleague at work was asking for my advice earlier, she's pg and asked what I thought she should use, bio oil or cocoa butter to avoid stretch marks!
I just said how about silence as too much noise is bad for the baby blush
I was stressed and jealous that she won't stop going on about her accidental pregnancy!!!

Bartlet I keep getting pregnancy updates from SiL. They've just found out that actually we've been ttc for 15 months and are now full of soothing platitudes. Want to tell them where to go seeing as they've got a child already and seem to have conceived their second pretty much to plan without any trouble. She's also younger than me. So no, you don't understand what we're going through. Grr..

PistachioTruffle Mon 04-Mar-13 19:42:10

wakey, is this the colleague who announced at 5 weeks with a post it note? If so, YANBU and I'm not surprised she's getting on your nerves! grin (if not, ignore me I'm thinking of someone else)

AF seems to have finished, roll on cycle 7!

WakeyCakey Mon 04-Mar-13 20:23:10

pistachio you are right! We have a specific maternity uniform in the company I work for and she is already asking about it.
I just have a short fuse at the moment!
And also lucky number 7 and all that!

PistachioTruffle Mon 04-Mar-13 20:35:36

hmm she sounds like a whacking great attention seeker to me! Well done for not poking her in the eye grin

WakeyCakey Mon 04-Mar-13 20:45:12

Haha the temptation was there.
One day when we all have our beautiful, noisy, puking babies we will look back on our time TTC and laugh! smile

jaffas2013 Tue 05-Mar-13 00:10:09

Awh poor wakey. Nothing worse then when you have someone ramming (pardon the pun!) it down your throat all day long.

You might not see me post much when I'm on my next TWW. I've decided to keep my head down (oops another pun!) and just try to forget about it all and chill. Although I'll probably be the same as last month if not worse!

Bartlet4America Tue 05-Mar-13 13:16:25

Thanks madrat and barking. Sounds like your experiences having been a little more trying than mine. I don't get how people can be so thoughtless.

Am hoping AF stays away. Haven't had any period symptoms as I normally do a good week or so before I come on, so there's that. Not holding my breath though! I'm probably going to test on Sunday, just to take the edge off the wait!!

PistachioTruffle Tue 05-Mar-13 13:33:08

Fx AF stays away Bartlet!

Taking charge of your fertility arrived today, it's huge and weighs a ton! It seems to be quite easy to read though, so that's my plan for the afternoon. I'm also using it as an excuse to conveniently forget about the essay I'm supposed to be working on

Bartlet4America Tue 05-Mar-13 15:20:22

pistachio ugh don't even talk to me about essays - I'm in the same boat and should be working on mine but I'm sooooo tired I can't function today. Just had a friend pop in for tea and I could barely keep my eyes open!!

SarahMargaret Tue 05-Mar-13 19:20:26

Hi, new member - first post all advice welcome This is our third month trying, which may seem too soon to worry, but I guess because I've never been on the pill or any medicated from of contraception I thought it would happen right away. I'm 25, hubby is 27, both healthy weight, active and eat well. Problem is and this is where I hope someone can give me some hope.... he works in Newbury and I live in our home in Ireland, he commutes, flies out Mon morn and back Friday evening. So we only have weekends to actively try. For the first month we had been using KY but heard it can kill sperm so switched to Conceive Plus, I find it very hard to not use anything. My periods are irregular ranging from 30 to 37 days, last month was a 32 day. My GP has done blood tests for iron or thyroid issues, but they came back normal, she has said if nothing happens within another 3 months I can come back and see her, I want a baby so so much I have no patience and daydream about seeing a positive pregnancy test all the time. As I said, any advice would be really appreciated, thanks xo

Bartlet4America Tue 05-Mar-13 19:48:57

Hi Sarah smile from what I've seen on here, it isn't that often that it happens for anyone in the first couple of months or so! We're the same in terms of the fact that I haven't been on any contraception for years (just used condoms) and that my cycles go up to 37 days. When are you due to go back to your doctor? Have you paid attention to your (sorry if this is too much) discharge? From everything I've read on here, it really helps you to monitor when you're ovulating. Maybe also try ovulation sticks to try and pinpoint when you're ovulating. It may take a little longer for you to conceive purely because you're restricted to trying on weekends, but then again it might not!! You can ovulate pretty much randomly some months, so don't let it get you down. If I were you, I'd feel quite positive in terms of your health and such. Keep your head up!! It WILL happen for you. smile

SarahMargaret Tue 05-Mar-13 23:56:33

Thanks Bartlet4America, your kinds words are encouraging smile have u been trying for long? We try and dtd as soon as hubby is home fri night and sunday night before he flies off again mon morning. Keeping an eye on mucus too, so far no sign this month, and yet ovulation calenders and aps are telling i should ovulate around the 8th thats this friday. Doc said all bloods were normal and I cant go back until May if it hasnt happened by then, Im praying that it will have though. smile

crazycatlady82 Wed 06-Mar-13 01:18:22

Anyone else in the TWW?

I have been tearful this week an seen either pregnant women or new babies everywhere! Yet, as I said to DH I just don't think it's our mth. Not sure why but I just don't feel pregnant. I feel normal.

Xxx

WakeyCakey Wed 06-Mar-13 09:00:56

Hi crazycat I am and so is bartlet
I have been very teary the last couple of days, was a mess at work yesterday!
When are you supposed to test?

123234345 Wed 06-Mar-13 11:04:28

Hello crazycat and wakeycakey. Yes, I'm on 2ww at the moment. My mind was playing tricks on me this morning telling me that my boobs were sensitive. I am trying to ignore it. Obviously if I was ignoring it successfully I wouldn't be on here! Fortunately I don't have a work colleague like Wakeycakey's to contend with.

SarahMargaret - welcome to the waiting room! In all likelihood you will conceive within the first year of trying so there's every reason to be positive.

Bartlet4America Wed 06-Mar-13 11:08:21

Morning everyone smile

Sarah We officially only started trying in Feb (25th onwards I think) and that is when I was apparently ovulating, so that worked out well. However, we have had a few cheeky instances before where we didn't use anything, but obviously they came to nothing. It's weird because although it seems like getting pregnant should be an exact science, and that you only have to have sex at the right time, I'm finding out it's really not! Don't worry about the mucus thing too much - my friends who have been pregnant looked at me like I was an alien when I asked them about that, so I don't think it's the same for everyone. That's good news that you're supposed to ovulate this Friday! pistachio has ordered a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility, and I've heard loads of great things about it. Might be worth a try for you? If all your bloods are normal etc, then just assume that everything is fine - May is not that long and who knows, you could be pregnant then!!

wakey crazycat I am doing my head in symptom spotting! "Ooh boobs hurt! Must be preg!" "Ooh feel sick! Must be preg!" GAHHH. Am not sure about testing early anymore... I keep going back and forth on it. I think I need to chill out a bit!!

SarahMargaret Wed 06-Mar-13 11:34:28

Oh Bartlet you could be pregnant smile eeek! I always thought if you had unprotected sex you would get pregnant, turns out there is so much more science involved. The right day, the right way, eat the right things, take the right vitamins, wow there is so much! oh I might take a look at it. As for symptom spotting, I did this the first month constantly, I was tired, felt sick, had sore boobs, everything. Ended up taking 5 early preg tests, all neg of course, so decided not to take any unless I'm a few days late in future, its horrible seeing a neg sign. But it will happen in time, and if it takes a year so be it, so long as it happens xx

Bartlet4America Wed 06-Mar-13 12:04:29

Sarah Ugh I wish!! It could be AF symptoms, I just have no idea. I was going to test on Saturday or Sunday but I know I'll just feel rubbish if I see a negative test. AF is due Monday, but she's never particular reliable, so who knows! But YES, that's the attitude, that it will happen! The way I'm looking at is that by the end of this year, I will be pregnant. End of! :D

WakeyCakey Wed 06-Mar-13 12:27:46

Luckily I have a day off today.
Having a baking day. Despite loving baking and doing it a lot dp decided that this is a symptom of pregnancy!! He's so cute sometimes haha!
Thought today that my nipples looked darker (then I switched the light on blush)
I can't stop eating pickled onion monster munch (this is an all year round craving)
Everything is a symptom!

TheSlug Wed 06-Mar-13 12:29:23

Hi everyone! Is it too late for me to join? I'm currently on day 3 of AF and we will start trying as of this weekend! I'm so excited, and haven't got anyone to talk to in RL as we've decided not to tell anyone that we're trying. Don't want the pressure or all the questions as to how it's going!

Bartlet4America Wed 06-Mar-13 12:45:08

wakey awh bless him! Jealous of the baking sad I have so much work to do! DH was upset when I said I wouldn't be testing early though I probably will and just not tell him if it's negative so I can avoid looking like a complete obsessed freak and then just casually announce, "oh look, it's my period" when AF does come... blush

Bartlet4America Wed 06-Mar-13 12:46:14

Hi TheSlug! Welcome smile I'm with you on the not telling people we're trying... I have no idea how long it's going to take so don't want the questions!! Good luck smile!!

SarahMargaret Wed 06-Mar-13 13:10:53

This Friday is international womans day... now I'm daydreaming about conceiving a girl this Friday when hubby is home smile took an ovulation stick test this morning and I got a faint line (I bought them on Ebay because they are so expensive in the shops - got 25 of them for £6 check it out ladies) x

WakeyCakey Wed 06-Mar-13 13:16:08

Hi Slug it's never too late!
I agree with not telling anyone. If anything I find talking on here easier than RL anyway!

I'm working 8 days straight after today so hoping that will keep my mind busy, so I can avoid testing before Tuesday, and then I might be able to avoid testing until Friday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now