TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

jaffas2013 Sat 02-Mar-13 11:53:11

@ WakeyCakey AF due today! at least I think it is... very confused with my cycles at the mo. I used the clear blue ovulation sticks (7 pack) got right to the last one before I got my smiley on the 16th of Feb but noticed I had EWCM the day before.

Today (sorry for TMI...) I have yellowish CM but no signs of AF at all. Had a horrible pressure headache for the past two days but seem's better today. I'm so tempted to rush out today and spend proper money on a test! I've just been using cheap ones so far but dont want to be dissapointed with another BFN.

Madratlady Sat 02-Mar-13 15:30:37

Sorry for my terrible ignorance ladies but am I right in thinking that as long as we DTD every 2 days then ovulation tests etc aren't really necessary? It wasn't until I found this forum that i realised that it was likely to take a few months at least blush

Bartlet fingers crossed that your nausea and dizziness is something to get excited about and not just a bug!

Madrat - yes, that would work. For me though, it wasn't until I started charting that I realized I ovulate very late in my cycle and have a very short luteal phase. This could mean that I'm not producing progesterone for long enough to support a fertilized egg as AF comes too soon. The blood tests I had showed that I still hadn't ovulated on day 21 but I had by day 28. However this alone doesn't show when I did and how long my luteal phase is, so all the temping and ovulation testing I'm doing is to gather evidence for the fertility clinic. Hopefully they will then help me ovulate earlier in my cycle by giving me drugs!!

Juhannus Sat 02-Mar-13 18:46:28

I'm new to mumsnet and am finding all the abbreviations really hard. Half the time I ain't got a clue what people are saying sad

I looked up the abbreviations list on here but it doesn't help.

Could someone kindly list a few so I can enjoy mumsnet at least

jaffas2013 Sat 02-Mar-13 23:06:15

@ Madratlady.. Yes if you can keep that up all month then well done ;) I used them as it was my first cycle after being on the pill.

@ Juhannus, I'm fairly new as well but let me know what your confused with & i'll try to help.

Update... AF (aunt flo) has got me this month so back to square one sad But this time I think I need to forget about all the potential "symptoms" and just let it happen. I think I got myself in a bit of a mess thinking everything I felt must mean I'm pregnant. I started testing far too early which didnt help with my stress levels.

It's taken us 10 years to be financially stable enough to support a child and now I just want it all to happen yesterday! Fingers crossed next time is in our favour smile Good luck to all those testing soon

ticktock1979 Sat 02-Mar-13 23:50:40

jaffas - I'm with you on the 'thinking everything is a symptom of pregnancy'. I think it's definitely a better idea to relax & see what happens - all this stress does our bodies & our minds no good.

My DH & I had an abortion 8 years ago after some pressure from family members as we'd only just got together. I am so worried that I have missed my only chance for being a mother. My friends & other family members are popping babies out left, right & centre & I feel like a child. Women around me are experiencing pregnancy & motherhood &, although I'm older than a lot of them, I feel young & inexperienced in that I haven't had a child.

Sorry if this is abit morbid & tmi for a Saturday. I feel so content now that we are TTC, I guess I'm just a little worried & impatient.

smile keep smiling ladies, we'll all get there soon enough xxx

Juhannus Sun 03-Mar-13 05:16:20

Jaffas thank you smile

you've helped me on one that was bugging lol Aunt Flo won't ever forget now haha

Bartlet4America Sun 03-Mar-13 10:35:06

Hi everyone smile hope you're weekends are going well and that you're relaxing!!

jaffa sorry about AF sad keeping my fingers crossed for you for next month. It is frustrating as hell when it's all you can think about. Hope you start to feel a little more relaxed.

ticktock it WILL happen!! smile I don't even consider an alternative, I find that helps when my mind leads me down certain roads... You shouldn't feel like a child though - sounds like you and your DH have built a very stable life for yourselves in terms of affording to have a baby, and I'll bet your relationship is strong and wonderful too. Not an easy thing to do and worth feeling good about!!

Bartlet4America Sun 03-Mar-13 10:37:31

madratlady I wish!!! Got terrible back pains as well, I just know I'm going down with something. That or AF is going to be a bloody horrible one this month!

WakeyCakey Sun 03-Mar-13 21:33:25

Well time is going slow! Who else is in the 2ww at the moment, I keep losing track

Bartlet4America Sun 03-Mar-13 21:40:38

I am. Not feeling confident though, what with a 40 day cycle and all. sad

WakeyCakey Sun 03-Mar-13 21:52:01

Bartlet when are you testing, I'm on the 12th if AF doesn't appear before that.
How are you keeping your mind off it? I have one of those iPhone apps but it tells me I'm 11 days late for AF as my cycles haven't been full since I started. Only Ov'd on cd23 which would seem to make this cycle 37 days so almost the same.

Madratlady Sun 03-Mar-13 21:55:34

Jaffas We do tend to manage every other day all month, unsurprisingly DH is very enthusiastic about it lol. Not that it's done the job so far but it's early days really (cycle 2).

Ticktock If it happened for you once I'm sure it'll happen again. I hope you have some good news to share on here very soon.

Wakey Not sure about 2ww, it's been a 3 1/2 ww so far and still waiting. Definitely not pregnant though sad. Fingers crossed for you and for Bartlet as well!

gillian1986 Sun 03-Mar-13 22:01:25

Poking my head in before going to bed!!!!
AF has been and gone in the last week or so.. Now gearing myself up for ovulation!
Dtd yesterday and today... And hopefully lots in the week ahead wink

Stocked up on some pound shop pregnancy tears and also have sone opk's which I will use over the next week...

Cycles are pretty much back to normal after coming off the pill on December so pretty sure about my dates/ovulation etc.. But you never know so DH and me are trying to dtd as much as poss, not just when I think I'm super fertile!

For a job interview tomorrow... Strangely NOT anxious ... Just very excited! It's a good job and I know I can do it.. So wish me luck!

Night all and good luck to anyone testing soon... Infact good luck to everyone! smile
Xxx

Bartlet4America Sun 03-Mar-13 22:08:38

wakey I'm testing then too - the 12th/13th provided AF stays away. Am still dtd just incase the app on my phone is wrong.

Good luck tomorrow Gillian!!

WakeyCakey Sun 03-Mar-13 22:18:30

Good luck for the interview gillian

bartlet I had a positive opkt on the 26th, completely different than the app said so I'm just using it to input info until my cycles become more regular!

Bartlet4America Mon 04-Mar-13 11:00:05

wakey I feel like I'm going to cave on the whole 'not testing til the 12th' thing, so may go and buy some pound shop cheapies or something so I don't feel too guilty when they're a massive waste of money!!

WakeyCakey Mon 04-Mar-13 11:38:35

I have a load of amazon cheapies in the house so I'll be doing those before I buy a clear blue!

WakeyCakey Mon 04-Mar-13 11:53:55

8 days left! God it's slow!

Bartlet4America Mon 04-Mar-13 11:56:19

I know!!!! I'm working from home at the moment as well so time is just dragging and there are no distractions!!

123234345 Mon 04-Mar-13 14:14:20

2ww just started. <twiddles thumbs>

WakeyCakey Mon 04-Mar-13 15:44:33

Having fun symptom spotting though! Today it's wearing loads, yesterday sore boobs, both have more than adequate explanations but I'm ignoring them!

Bartlet4America Mon 04-Mar-13 17:13:26

Ditto with the symptom spotting, trying to stop myself though! My brother announced him and his OH are expecting today. Happy for them but just a little bit of day dreaming that it won't take me too long...

Bartlet4America Mon 04-Mar-13 17:14:10

In other words, a bit jealous blush

Madratlady Mon 04-Mar-13 17:22:52

I know how you feel Bartlet, last year 3 of my colleagues got pregnant by accident and even though it's only my second month trying I'm envious that it happens to some people so easily and they don't have all the waiting and symptom spotting!

When you do conceive though your little one will have a neice or nephew close to their age to play with, that'll be nice for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now