TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

BookWormery Sun 24-Feb-13 13:13:33

I'm lurking. Two cycles down, now not sure whether to hold off a year, save some more money, enjoy another holiday etc.

Before TTC I'd had two accidents re contraception over the last 15 years. Complete one offs but got pregnant both times. Had an abortion when about 20 and a miscarriage the second time.

I stupidly thought I'd get preg first time this time!

Positive grin

PistachioTruffle Mon 25-Feb-13 18:15:07

Congratulations Fairydogmother! grin

Thank you! Can't quite believe it x

WakeyCakey Mon 25-Feb-13 18:35:09

Congratulations Fairydogmother !!!!!
So happy the thread luck has swung your way!

Thank you! Can't believe it x

ELA88 Mon 25-Feb-13 20:08:37

Congratulations!! Xxx

Thanks ela88! Fingers xd for everyone else x

Kimmy1986 Mon 25-Feb-13 20:35:59

Hi everyone!

Can I join this thread too please?

I'm 26, my oh is 28 and were only just starting ttc after I had my mirena removed last week, very excited!

WakeyCakey Mon 25-Feb-13 21:42:23

Hi kimmy welcome!

jaffas2013 Mon 25-Feb-13 22:48:22

Hi all

Hope you don't mind me sneaking in smile

I've been keeping an eye on the threads for the last few weeks but only felt brave enough to join tonight! I'm currently around 9DPO and constantly sympton spotting! actually I think i'm driving me and DH slowly mad!

WakeyCakey Tue 26-Feb-13 06:33:11

I got a smiley face on my ovulation stick! First time for everything.
Does that mean I am ovulating today or about to ovulate or just have does anyone know?
DTD last night, should I do it again tonight?

Hi everyone, may I join?

@Jaffas2013 i've been doing the same!

I'm 24 as is OH. Had implant removed in early Jan, had first AF on 19th Feb.

Looking forward to sharing all your journeys with you!

PistachioTruffle Tue 26-Feb-13 17:02:05

Wakey, I would do it today, tomorrow and the next day just to be sure!

WakeyCakey Tue 26-Feb-13 18:06:42

It's so exciting now. This is the first time it's felt real that were TTC

jaffas2013 Tue 26-Feb-13 20:56:31

Hehe, it is exciting but I'm also quietly panicking!

My hopes are starting to be dashed as my "symptoms" appear to be gradually going. Last weekend I was absolutely postitive that this was our month but i'm not so sure today sad

2xBFNS so far the last being today. Probably still waaaay to early tho. Just have to cross every that AF stays well away!

WakeyCakey Tue 26-Feb-13 21:54:23

Fingers crossed for you Jaffa!
DP told me last night after we DTD that he is sure we just made a baby, I was laughing until I used the ovulation stick and saw the smiley face.

He would love to be right! Not for the baby, just to be right grin

marie456 Tue 26-Feb-13 22:41:43

Our 4th cycle of ttc #1. Me and husband both 30. Came off microgynon in October 2012 and luckily got pretty regular cycle back straight away! Currently 6dpo. Am thinking I should somehow feel different if I was going to get a BFP, but so far nothing!! Am wishing the days away to AF/hopefully BFP!! Good luck ladies!!

Bartlet4America Wed 27-Feb-13 16:45:52

Hi everyone smile hope you don't mind me joining you!

We have just started trying for a baby and I'm so excited! Probably a long road ahead (I have PCOS), but I can't help but feel excited anyway! I've got a pretty good GP who diagnosed me and said that when I want to conceive, just to go after three months and go on Clomid. Want to see if I can do it myself first!

My cycles are pretty out of wack so for the next couple of months I'm just going to DTD as much as possible and then, if BFP is still evading me, get serious!

ticktock1979 Wed 27-Feb-13 21:52:15

Wow Fairydogmother that's terrific news.

Lets hope some of that good luck has passed onto others on this thread! smile

Thank you!

123234345 Thu 28-Feb-13 12:01:37

Grrr! Why couldn't I ovulate last week, when we had sex three times? Why does it have to be now, when my husband has been working silly hours all week, I've been out every evening and we've both had stinky colds?

In other news... Oh wow! Since I've last been on I see congratulations are in order Fairydogmother! Sorry to be a bit slow noticing.

Thank you!

Def just DTD as much as you can all month round and dont concentrate too much on when you think you are ovulating - the wee wrigglies hang around in there for a good few days!

WakeyCakey Thu 28-Feb-13 18:52:19

Welcome Bartlet you sound like you have a very down to earth GP it's good to have support from all angles!

This is my first 2ww as cycles were so messed up. This one has been 24 days so far, so gone from 13,16,19 days to much longer. We shall see if AF shows up in the meantime.

I won't be devastated if I don't get a BFP as I still feel that I am getting into the swing of my cycles so don't mind if it takes a few months to get more regular

Although saying that having bad endo pain whenever I do come on so the quicker the better I guess!

Bartlet4America Thu 28-Feb-13 20:18:04

Thanks Wakey! My GP is great, very to the point ("you were born with PCOS, you're guna die with PCOS, you've just got to learn to manage it and get over it" - grin), but really knowledgeable and keen to help out! Aaah the 2ww! Have been lurking on MN for a while now, and have seen how much of a rollercoaster it can be. Hopefully you might be one of the fortunate ones who gets pregnant straight away. I keep thinking that it could happen to me, but the reality is a fair few months of BFN for me yet!! GOOD LUCK!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now