TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

star87 Tue 12-Feb-13 09:06:58

Hi, can I join in?

Me and my fiancée are both 25 and ttc our first. I came off the pill last April and have pretty much been trying ever since.

Both of us are getting frustrated that nothing seems to be happening and a lot of our friends seem to be getting pregnant either quickly or accidently!!

A friend of mine is training in Body Talk and did a session with me on Friday and said that I am carrying a lot of stress on my ovaries and I also have a fear of not being able to conceive which is also putting a lot of strain on my body. Some might think this is a load of rubbish but it does make a lot of sense to me.

AF is due today and so far - no signs.

Best of luck to everyone else. Fingers crossed we all get our BFP soon smile xxx

kd83 Tue 12-Feb-13 10:28:46

OMG! Did POAS last night and got a strong positive!! I was starting to think i was late but looks like its happened.

have Drs appt on Thursday to confirm. totally bricking it now! i cant actually believe it!

fx for everyone else. x

yaay congrats x

HotSoupDumpling Tue 12-Feb-13 11:34:34

Congrats kd! See you on the antenatal/preg threads!

HotSoupDumpling Tue 12-Feb-13 11:35:11

(P.S. whoops, I am/was DailySliceOfGato, but like to namechange regularly!)

WakeyCakey Tue 12-Feb-13 11:53:06

Congrats kd
There is definitely some luck on this thread. Poor DP has done his back in so this probably won't be the month for us. But I am glad to say my fear that I don't ovulate is going,

I may be wrong but I believe there is EWCM today. Means my cycle is really short but it has to be a positive for the future

PistachioTruffle Tue 12-Feb-13 13:06:14

Congratulations kd! Fingers crossed for everyone else.

Cycle day 21 here, still no obvious signs of ovulation or smiley faces.

Ariel21 Tue 12-Feb-13 22:31:41

12dpo. Expecting AF on Thurs. Keep losing track of this thread but it looks like we have another BFP - congrats KD! Fingers crossed for everyone else testing this week. I just bought 2 clear blue digital for next week (if AF doesn't show, obv. Not wasting them if it does!)

crazycatlady82 Wed 13-Feb-13 06:38:47

Congrats KD!

AF arrived this morning so I'm out this month. Maybe next month.

Only good thing is a glass of wine tomorrow night

xx

yaay for wine tho crazycatlady82 x

LoveLaughingLots Wed 13-Feb-13 10:35:39

Congratulations KD - so happy for you!

LLLx

ELA88 Wed 13-Feb-13 20:49:15

Grr in such a bad mood today and need somewhere to vent..sorry girls!! So tired and my cat is really sick and keeps getting diarrhoea on the floor, luckily we have laminate flooring! Then my DH tells me a 'funny' story of how his best mates ex rang him today saying she's pregnant and starts making comments about being stuck with her for life etc, then I get upset because I actually want to be pregnant and am not!! Ahh! Stupid Wednesday! Xxx

WakeyCakey Wed 13-Feb-13 20:57:40

ELA can I join you on stupid Wednesday?
Work colleague announced her pregnancy today. 5 weeks gone from a one night stand on the pill! Talk about a smack in the face!

I am happy for her of course but I did sneak off for a cry while everyone was crowded round her asking for the sordid details.

Lets hope for a better Thursday!

I will just point out I'm not judging her for a one night stand, fair play to her for having fun, I just wish she hadn't come into work with a post it stuck to her tummy with 'baby on board' written on it.
Lets hope she isn't on mumsnet grin

ELA88 Wed 13-Feb-13 21:15:20

Haha maybe she'll be more sensitive if she is and reads this! All I feel like I see at the moment is accidental pregnancies! I really resent these women, I sound like such a horrible person and feel guilty for feeling it! Hopefully it will be a better Thursday! My dh is playing footy anyway so a lovely bath and relaxing evening! Hopefully my cat is feeling better tomorrow too! Xxx

crazycatlady82 Thu 14-Feb-13 07:19:49

So, valentines day!

Anyone have any exciting plans?

I am a bit of a 'last minute' person, so went to buy a card and wee token present last night and forgot my pin. Then went to the car to get my phone, STILL got it wrong and had to leave a very busy shop very red faced sad

Xxx

ELA88 Thu 14-Feb-13 08:15:22

Oh no :-( we haven't bothered with valentines day this year, although I don't think we've ever spent a valentines day together actually as my DH has always worked away and tonight he's playing footy! Blah so much for a better Thursday, I'm in such a horrible fed up mood again! Cries before I left for work after spending 20 minutes trying to get the cat to swallow his tablet :-( roll on Friday and the weekend! Xxx

ELA88 Thu 14-Feb-13 08:18:37

And to top it all I have horrible little spots all over my chin! I never get spots! sad

123234345 Thu 14-Feb-13 08:42:54

Hello Bluefreckles and Purplefairies - we met in January when we were all late with our periods. Hello everyone else too.

We're TTC our first child. I'm 34 and my husband is 35. We've been trying since last March and I've booked a GP appointment on Monday to check everything's ok. On the one hand, I really don't feel in a hurry to start a family, but on the other, I know I'm getting on so I think it's sensible to go to the GP at this stage.

Good luck everyone!

Aw having a baby on board sign stuck to your tummy is such a stupid thing to do! Not exactly thinking if others may find that offensive and upsetting never mind really dumb looking!

I got beautiful flowers, underwear and a card from DP this morning and we've a nice dinner for tonight. This is the week for DTD so hoping the valentines love I'll result in a bit more than just a hangover tomorrow!

Meemawandmoonpie Thu 14-Feb-13 13:11:43

Hi ladies, can I join?
Both me and OH are 30, came off the pill the 1st jan so I guess from now on we are actually trying (after 12 years together it seemed like we should get started). I just want to wish everyone very good luck and sending lots of baby dust and baby vibes all your ways.
Congratulations to everyone who's got positives the last few weeks and look forward to speaking more to people who don't mind me jawing on and on about babies, ha!
Actually can I pick your brains a mo'? As I said, I came off the pill 1st jan, mid pack (new year, new me and all that), then no AF till the 1st -4th feb, so not sure if it's a real AF or a pill one. Any ideas? My app on iPad says I should be OV today and am currently having a small stich like feeling on right side, low sort of towards hip... Could that be it?
Anyways, newbie signing off now,
Thanks all...x

123234345 Fri 15-Feb-13 00:15:07

Meemawandmoonpie - what difference does it make whether it was a 'real' AF or not? The fact that you had it means you're not pregnant, and the fact that you're not on the pill means you should ovulate at some point between this one and the next, so what's the difference?

Meemawandmoonpie Fri 15-Feb-13 06:52:42

Umm, ok. Thanks for that though I didn't ask if anyone thought I was pregnant. So nice and helpful here, cheers!
hmm

WakeyCakey Fri 15-Feb-13 07:20:07

Welcome meema!!

Meemawandmoonpie Fri 15-Feb-13 07:30:41

Good morning wakey
Lovely day for an early morning wake up!
such fun
Afraid I may have been a bit cranky there, this is what happens when going to bed with a tummy full of chocolate fondue and a bottle of bolly

debbie1412 Fri 15-Feb-13 07:51:14

Hey guys, im not joining this group just having a snoop really :-). Can I recommend a website called access diagnostic. It's where I bought all my ovulation tests from and other bits and bobs. Way way cheaper. Very basic but got my 2 lovely children. Hope it helps your ttc, I know it can consume you. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now