Five and the Mystery of the Declining Fertility - the BESH engage the services of the Famous Five to track down their baybees and finish with lashings of ginger beer. Topping!

(998 Posts)
ArielThePiraticalMermaid Tue 15-Jan-13 10:59:31

Morning everyone, just let me wolf down this amazing meal of tinned tongue, hardboiled eggs and ginger beer (don't you find food always tastes so much better outside?) and we'll toddle off on our latest adventure. We'll make sure Anne does the washing up (you'll make a proper little housewife and no doubt the fecund mother of four fine sons one day Anne <approving>) and us boys can have the proper adventures! No, not you George - you're nearly as good as a boy but not quite. Leave the actual procreating to me and Dick. Woof woof! Shut up Timmy!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 15-Jan-13 20:04:58

Oh Jeffers how utterly splendid <clasps hands to cheek and attempts to simper a la Anne>

evilgiraffe Tue 15-Jan-13 20:06:25

Ah, I was half right then.

What was the book where a group of kids befriend some dude who lives in the woods? He taught them all about Nature, but these days I suspect patents would drag their kids away shrieking about pedophilia...

evilgiraffe Tue 15-Jan-13 20:08:01

Oh and Jeff that is bally brilliant! Excellent news, what?

(apologies for being Crap With Feem, Bertie Wooster seems to be the closest I can do)

Northey Tue 15-Jan-13 20:14:13

That was Six Cousins on Mistletoe Farm, draf. And Tammylan the wild man was always taking the youngest boy off to sleep in the woods with him. Hmmm.

evilgiraffe Tue 15-Jan-13 20:16:00

I loved it, Norf, but it does sound so massively creepy these days, doesn't it? hmm

evilgiraffe Tue 15-Jan-13 20:18:29

shock I've just noticed that my iPad "corrected" to the wrong American spelling! Apologies, I meant paedophilia of course.

Whenever I see "pedophile" I always think it sounds like someone who likes feet...

TWinklyLittleStar Tue 15-Jan-13 20:20:56

Oh jeff I didn't see your post, your news is simply smashing! <clasps hand, shakes firmly>

Northey Tue 15-Jan-13 20:23:07

I loved ALL Enid Blyton. Even now I get cross when people criticise her. What on earth is wrong with giving your cast off plimsolls to gipsy girls and teaching them to blow their nose, anyway?

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Tue 15-Jan-13 21:27:21

Tally ho chaps. Look at these ingots i've found (lumps of gold!!)

Well done on the eggs Jeffers - have some orange cordial and cucumber sandwiches for good luck.

I was giggling at the other fred at my desk at work earlier. North you are hilarious, I can't wait for Tuesday. Squeeee.

<remembers must act all poshlike>

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Tue 15-Jan-13 21:28:39

Are you MEETING???? <outraged>

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 15-Jan-13 21:29:00
JustplainoldBuggerlugs Tue 15-Jan-13 21:29:58

Yep <proud> on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump on a train and get yoursen up't'north woman.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Tue 15-Jan-13 21:41:36

Well I would. But I have to go and see sick father instead. Who else is joining this social occasion?

<bursts into tears>

Northey Tue 15-Jan-13 21:46:17

rierie, I have wanted to meet you for ever, but it is scarcely my fault that you have inexplicably failed to move house to a city where my work has an office, now, is it?

bugs, I am a bit boring in real life. Just warning you. Maybe bring a book to read in the loos or something.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Tue 15-Jan-13 21:47:50

<sniffs>

Northey Tue 15-Jan-13 21:52:25

In a sniffy way or a sad way? <sympathetic>

Poor rie, how is your father doing? Has he been discharged or is he stil in hospital? Whereabouts is he? Nowhere conveniently closer to other BESH?

TWinklyLittleStar Tue 15-Jan-13 21:55:58

<pats rie on shoulder>

rie nobody wants to see me and there are plenty of BESH in the Big Smoke smile I will be down your way in September; if I haven't bored you to death by then we could have our own social occasion.

Yay for frankel, frankel!

JethroTull Tue 15-Jan-13 21:56:51

A BESH meet? How simply splendid. I do hope you're both meeting on a beach or in a small village cafe. Remember to wear your gaberdines won't you! And do write to us all to tell us about the japes you'll get up to. I'm so green with jealously I could burst!

SinkyMalinks Tue 15-Jan-13 22:16:24

Cripes! A Northern meet up? But I didn't get the telegram...

<occupies self unknotting string to use as fishing line tomorrow>

excellent work jeffers. Good job the banana did the trick, what with rationing and those bally fritz u-boats, we won't be seeing one of those again.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Tue 15-Jan-13 22:16:43

A sad way.

Winkles that will be fab <grateful>

He is Bad Norf. Thinking about vascular dementia now.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 15-Jan-13 22:19:08

What ho old chaps! Delightful to see the new residence!

Jeffers how spiffingly spectacular! Lashings of ginger beer all round to celebrate smile when is the next step?

I luffed Enid Byltob, especially Mallory Towers and famous five. I too thought it would be jolly good fun to go to boarding school or pretend to be a boy hmm

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 15-Jan-13 22:20:25

Oh rie that is pants sad send me a PM telegraph if you want advice/an ear to bend.

TWinklyLittleStar Tue 15-Jan-13 22:23:25

Oh rie that's crap about your dad, I'm sorry sad

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Tue 15-Jan-13 22:25:37

But on another note, Bastard Consultant is better so can start the IUI next cycle. Assuming I haven't had an ironi-diff <laughs mirthlessly>

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 15-Jan-13 22:25:57

I'm sorry about your dad Rie, very un-MNty hugs for you sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now