Five and the Mystery of the Declining Fertility - the BESH engage the services of the Famous Five to track down their baybees and finish with lashings of ginger beer. Topping!

(998 Posts)
ArielThePiraticalMermaid Tue 15-Jan-13 10:59:31

Morning everyone, just let me wolf down this amazing meal of tinned tongue, hardboiled eggs and ginger beer (don't you find food always tastes so much better outside?) and we'll toddle off on our latest adventure. We'll make sure Anne does the washing up (you'll make a proper little housewife and no doubt the fecund mother of four fine sons one day Anne <approving>) and us boys can have the proper adventures! No, not you George - you're nearly as good as a boy but not quite. Leave the actual procreating to me and Dick. Woof woof! Shut up Timmy!

Northey Mon 21-Jan-13 07:06:25

Brakes! Brakes, damn it. Not breaks.

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 21-Jan-13 07:19:30

I couldn't open any of my car doors this morning. Eventually managed to crawl in through the boot. Fun.

Northey Mon 21-Jan-13 07:36:49

Lucky you are so resourceful and plucky, twink!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 21-Jan-13 08:05:17

I shovelled snow off my drive yesterday evening when I got back from the train station <planning ahead>

Droid has arrived. Beastly thing sad & angry. I shall call the clinic and see if they have room for me to start treatment round 2

<thinks about kicking Timmy, gently>
<decides not to>

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 21-Jan-13 08:09:58

Happy work Norf.

I am back home now. I left the beautiful deep twinkly snow in Wales, stopped off in somerset, also beautiful and snowy, and back here it's rainy, grey and icy sad

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 21-Jan-13 08:33:57

GRRR droidal invasion at 3:30am in the lemon-household, so clearly playing up post-mc. Still. Emailed the clinic to beg for another sneaky IUI cycle as evaluation is in Feb only to inform them about my stupidly short cycle, coming in at 22 days. I forgot about your spotty, menkul cycle norf. We are tracking each other too closely aren't we, in coping, in weirdo cycles (and hopefully in diffage, you after your round of IVF, me closely following with whatever the clinic throws at me next).

Maybe frank we could do some kind of exchange, there must be a happy medium to be found between us! Sorry about having to go into work and rain and sleet and stuff. I have planned a study day which means I don't have to leave the house until 6pm.

So sorry about MiL twink! But well impressed with Famous Five like skills of getting into that there car!

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 21-Jan-13 08:34:53

PS No bread in the house, clearly that calls for the left over crumble for brekkie, right?

SinkyMalinks Mon 21-Jan-13 09:49:54

Right driz, but I assume you've polished off the crumble already. With lashings of custard/coffee (well, it is only 9am)

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 21-Jan-13 09:54:40

Custard, no. But cups of tea and gingernuts. YES.
(I did got on a 45 minute jog in the snow yesterday, so I deserve treats, also I feel absolutely foul, cold, droid and no sleep).

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 21-Jan-13 10:46:39

<dashes evil droids against the treacherous rocks surrounding Kirrin Island>

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 21-Jan-13 11:11:21

Spoke to the clinic, I'm off for my base-line scan and blood test on Thursday morning. Round 2 is go!

EuroShagmore Mon 21-Jan-13 12:37:43

drizz how can you run in the snow??? I barely stay upright walking on the damn stuff.

Sorry for the droidal invasions. How dasterdly!

I have had a busy morning of acu and pre-IVF baseline scan. Everything looked good on the scan, so I have another one on Thursday and at tht they will probably tell me when to take my trigger shot. Crikey.

captainmoll Mon 21-Jan-13 12:45:07

Sorry about stupid droids. I have set Timmy on them. He's quite fierce when roused.

BE has actually booked his blood tests! For tomorrow! And will be doing SA too! I am literally fainting face-down in the tinned sardines. Never thought he'd ever get round to it.

Awkward conversation ensued as we haven't have sex for about 2.5 weeks. SA requires 4ish days since last ejaculation. I didn't want to ask outright if he'd been jacking off while I was at work. blush Having to assume he has.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 21-Jan-13 15:25:45

Running in the snow was an error - am ill now sad
And no IUI this month, which may be a blessing in disguise see my breakdown on the 10+ thread earlier today

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Mon 21-Jan-13 18:17:57

Late to the party as always.

Hello Captain I'm buggerlugs, I rarely post atm as I'm applying for jobs in my spare time after being unsucessfull in the application for the job i currently do. Confused? Yep me too.

I'm 30, so is GP. 2 pregnancies, 2 miscarriages and now on my 2nd cycle of clomid. Been TTC 2 years. <sigh>

I'm meeting Northy for the first time ever tomorrow. Its going to be spiffing.

Must dash, have shit loads to do, please forgive me i'll be back fully soon i promise!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 21-Jan-13 18:49:43

<packs Bugs off with some sandwiches wrapped in brown paper>

I forgot to do my intro: I seem to change names on a regular basis, but always have Frankel in there somewhere, for obvious reasons grin.
31 years old TTC since May 2010. Diagnosed with PCOS in April 2011. 6 failed cycles of Clomid. About to start Cycle 2 of ovulation induction (aka self-stabbing). Other half (37) known as HWHNN (He Who Has No Name).

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 21-Jan-13 19:36:14

Queenrollo has laid according to t'other place grin

captainmoll Mon 21-Jan-13 23:49:49

I realise, after following Franks most enlightening link, that I failed to explain my name.
Captain, because I live on a boat, (and even BE agrees I am the captain of that), and Moll because I am a roister-doistering sort of chap.

Nice to meet you properly, and also you, bugs.

Northey Tue 22-Jan-13 06:12:04

How utterly topping, cap'n! Perfect for adventures.

Oh shut up, Anne, of course we want another adventure this holiday, you mimsy little fool.

What river are you on, if you don't mind the question?

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Tue 22-Jan-13 08:36:44

Morning chaps!

Hurrah for the boat, captain. That is an excellent start for adventures.

My misery is merging into a full fledged cold, so I've called in sick and am wasting a day in front of dvds, on laptop, and under a home crocheted blankie maybe I am Anne today

But here is the tin of flapjack I stole from cook's pantry, if someone can get this camping stove to work, we can have some cocoa as well.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Tue 22-Jan-13 08:45:47

What sort of boat? <nautical>

captainmoll Tue 22-Jan-13 09:43:40

Sorry about the miseries, Lemon, but huzzah for flapjacks and cocoa!

For those expressing interest, tis an old Dutch barge (+100 yrs) and she bobs about in the wilds of northern Kent, just off the Thames. It's been a building site for 3 years so we're enjoying our first proper cosy winter on board after a lot of stress and tribulations.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Tue 22-Jan-13 13:23:10

Ooooh we had another BESH that lived on a boat - Was it CakeandCava?

I'm meeting norf tonight for dinner and drinks straight from work. I've just splattered soup all down my front so appear to be incapable of feeding myself properly.

My left ovary area is very very achey. CD14.

Sorry you're not feeling so cracking Lemons - Keep wrapped up and keep warm. Lots of tea and buttered toast.

EuroShagmore Tue 22-Jan-13 13:28:02

How eggciting <conception pun> to live on a boat.

Happy laying Bugs.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Tue 22-Jan-13 13:32:58

Is it possible to ovulate on CD20 on my right, and an earlier CD on my left even when on Clomid? Does anyone know?

I very nearly bought some glitter to wrap up and present to Norf tonight and call it B**yd**t but I thought she'd probably de-friend me for life so thought better of it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now